ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

What is the Standard Certificate of Application?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Patience

What is the Standard Certificate of Application?

Post by Patience » Wed Dec 31, 2008 9:19 pm

I applied for EEA2 4 weeks ago and received a COA today.
A one page document stating my application has been recieved and would be processed accordingly.Prompting me not to make any travel arrangements etc and not to contact them to inquire about processing times etc.

I was wondering if this is the same COA everyone gets.I thought it should carry some literature explaining the applicant can take up employment etc while waiting etc.

Can someone assist me with this?

Thanks.

Berith
Newly Registered

Re: What is the Standard Certificate of Application?

Post by Berith » Thu Jan 01, 2009 8:22 pm

Patience wrote:I applied for EEA2 4 weeks ago and received a COA today.
A one page document stating my application has been recieved and would be processed accordingly.Prompting me not to make any travel arrangements etc and not to contact them to inquire about processing times etc.

I was wondering if this is the same COA everyone gets.I thought it should carry some literature explaining the applicant can take up employment etc while waiting etc.

Thanks.
Hi Patience

Reading your post I can see that there isn't a standard certificate of application.

I received mine 1 week ago after waiting for more than 2 months. My COA consists in 2 pages stating that they received my application on the date that I submitted and that while they are processing my application I can reside freely in the UK and take up employment; this right comes from my husband who is a EU citizen. This is basically the first paragraph.

The rest of the first page says that I should not make any travel arragements if not urgent and not to contact them to enquiry about processing times.

The last page states that the COA only has a validity of 6 months starting the date that was issued and after that time I should show my employer my RC. It also says that if my employer has queries about my status HO can assist.

Hope this is helpful and let me know if you need more assistance.

Best,

Berith

Patience

Re: What is the Standard Certificate of Application?

Post by Patience » Fri Jan 02, 2009 8:01 pm

Berith wrote:
Patience wrote:I applied for EEA2 4 weeks ago and received a COA today.

Thanks.
Hi Patience

Reading your post I can see that there isn't a standard certificate of application.

I received mine 1 week ago after waiting for more than 2 months. My COA consists in 2 pages stating that they received my application on the date that I submitted and that while they are processing my application I can reside freely in the UK and take up employment; this right comes from my husband who is a EU citizen. This is basically the first paragraph.

The rest of the first page says that I should not make any travel arragements if not urgent and not to contact them to enquiry about processing times.

The last page states that the COA only has a validity of 6 months starting the date that was issued and after that time I should show my employer my RC. It also says that if my employer has queries about my status HO can assist.

Hope this is helpful and let me know if you need more assistance.

Best,

Berith
Thanks Berith,

There was no mention about work,employer,six months validity etc.Just a one page document stating my application has been received and will be processed etc requesting me not to make any travel plans.

I wonder why mine was just plain and different from yours.

paris
Newly Registered

Reg: Standard format of COA

Post by paris » Sun Jan 04, 2009 11:53 pm

Hi Patience,
I received my COA on 31st Dec 2008.
It was a single page document mentioning the same details as urs.
Just that i should not make any travel plans.
incase of passport or any oher document required.i need to call the quoted number.
iam very annoyed because, i need to start lookin fr jobs and i dont think this COA will help me in anywayway.
iam planning to call the Home office and speak to them regardin this.
what are u planning to do?

Plum70
Diamond Member

Post by Plum70 » Mon Jan 05, 2009 4:38 pm

Patience and Paris: On what basis did you apply for the residence card? As a spouse of a qualified EEA national or an unmarried partner? I suspect that the COA text may be slightly different for both categories.

paris
Newly Registered

Reg: Standard format of COA

Post by paris » Mon Jan 05, 2009 5:21 pm

iam a NON - European married to a European and have hence applied for the Residence permit with the EEA2 application.
Any suggestions?

Mary1

Hi Paris

Post by Mary1 » Mon Jan 05, 2009 9:03 pm

I applied in march 08 but my letter clearly states i can take up employment. It also refers to my application as a familiy member of an eea, details on dependants and non married partners including what Berith listed. Seems to me you have received the wrong confirmation. I would enquire with the h/o anyhow

Mary

paris
Newly Registered

Hi Mary

Post by paris » Tue Jan 06, 2009 1:32 am

I spoke to the HO today and they asked me to write in clearly stating that i needed a COA,mentioning eligibility to seek employment,6 months validity etc.
iam trying this and will be sending a letter to them.dunno how far this will help.Iam tryin to be optimistic.

Plum70
Diamond Member

Re: Reg: Standard format of COA

Post by Plum70 » Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:34 am

paris wrote:iam a NON - European married to a European and have hence applied for the Residence permit with the EEA2 application.
Any suggestions?
Seems you've been sent an incorrect document. The correct CoA should mention your rights of residence and freedom to work while your application is under consideration.

Berith
Newly Registered

Re: Hi Mary

Post by Berith » Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:47 pm

paris wrote:I spoke to the HO today and they asked me to write in clearly stating that i needed a COA,mentioning eligibility to seek employment,6 months validity etc.
iam trying this and will be sending a letter to them.dunno how far this will help.Iam tryin to be optimistic.
Hi everybody!

I've been reading your posts and I agree with Plum and Mary. I think you got a standard COA with lack of information that you need.

In my case what happened is that they delayed the issue of my COA for 2 months and a half; so I made complaint after complaint stating that I may loose my job if I didn't get the COA before Jan 09. I asked them in my complaints that I needed specifically:

1. Proof of my identity
2. Proof of my right to live and work in the UK (because my employer is asking me for it)

So I think that is the reason my COA has all that information. I also contacted SOLVIT and they got in touch with HO acting on my behalf.

My advice is to email HO Liverpool, Complaints Unit, asking them to issue another COA stating your rights to live and work in the UK because you need it for job purposes. They need to do it for you guys!

Good luck everybody! and let's keep positive.

Berith

Patience

Post by Patience » Sun Jan 11, 2009 7:33 pm

Plum70 wrote:Patience and Paris: On what basis did you apply for the residence card? As a spouse of a qualified EEA national or an unmarried partner? I suspect that the COA text may be slightly different for both categories.
I am a nonEEA applying as the spouse of a qualified EEA. I came in on a Family Permit.

I am not certain why the text are different.

Patience

Post by Patience » Sun Jan 11, 2009 7:36 pm

paris wrote:I spoke to the HO today and they asked me to write in clearly stating that i needed a COA,mentioning eligibility to seek employment,6 months validity etc.
What address did they ask you to write to?

Please assist. I may have to do same. The COA sent to me is just useless and I would not even be convinced as an employer if that was presented to me.

paris
Newly Registered

Standard of COA

Post by paris » Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:16 am

Hi Patience,

U need to reply to the address mentioned in the COA that u recd.
All the best!!

Patience

Re: Standard of COA

Post by Patience » Mon Jan 12, 2009 5:45 pm

paris wrote:Hi Patience,

U need to reply to the address mentioned in the COA that u recd.
All the best!!
Thanks Paris.

I will do so today.

I will post any updates.

Keep us informed about any updates from your side.

paris
Newly Registered

Standard of Certificate of Applictaion

Post by paris » Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:47 am

Hi Patience,

i'l post updates in reply to these msgs.
keep in touch.

paris
Newly Registered

Standard format of COA!!

Post by paris » Sun Jan 18, 2009 12:10 pm

Hi Patience.
Any updates??

Patience

Re: Standard format of COA!!

Post by Patience » Mon Jan 19, 2009 6:16 pm

paris wrote:Hi Patience.
Any updates??
No updates.

I sent out my letter requesting for a new COA with a return envelop.

Hope it works out fine.

ribena

Post by ribena » Mon Jan 19, 2009 7:30 pm

Hi Berith,
I can't seem to find on the letter saying abt 6 months validity for the CoA on the last page
I just got back from work and I received
1x cover letter (dated 15th Jan)saying they have sent the letter on 24 sept 08 and they enclosed a copy of the coa for my records.
2 pages with the first page heading 'Certificate of Application' (dated 24 Sept)
1st page - that they have received my application and I can work w/o work permit & not to make any non-urgent travel etc. and abt employer should note that RC should be resolved within 6 months ad therafer I should be able to show employer the RC.
last page abt minor and unmarried partner/extended family.

:s. but happy that I get it after all :D

isceon

Post by isceon » Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:07 pm

ribena wrote:Hi Berith,
I can't seem to find on the letter saying abt 6 months validity for the CoA on the last page
1x cover letter (dated 15th Jan)saying they have sent the letter on 24 sept 08 and they enclosed a copy of the coa for my records.
2 pages with the first page heading 'Certificate of Application' (dated 24 Sept)
1st page - that they have received my application and I can work w/o work permit & not to make any non-urgent travel etc. and abt employer should note that RC should be resolved within 6 months ad therafer I should be able to show employer the RC.last page abt minor and unmarried partner/extended family.

congratulation but read your post and u 'll see the 6 months validity :wink:
note that average to receive RC or PR 09/10 months sometimes more.
If it is the case the coa would be expired... :wink:

Berith
Newly Registered

Post by Berith » Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:31 pm

ribena wrote:Hi Berith,
1st page - that they have received my application and I can work w/o work permit & not to make any non-urgent travel etc. and abt employer should note that RC should be resolved within 6 months ad therafer I should be able to show employer the RC.
last page abt minor and unmarried partner/extended family.

Hi Ribena, nice to hear from you and congratulations again for getting your COA

Sorry for the delay in my response but have been so busy at work and without internet at home! anyway! about your COA I honestly think all of them look completely different.

In my complaints I asked them to write about my ID and my right to work and reside freely in the UK and provide a helpline phone number for my employer to verify the validity of the COA. In the first page, the last paragraph states that the validity of the COA is only for 6 months starting the date when the COA was issued and that after that time, the COA would expire and I should present to my employer my RC.

I think yours is fine the way it is, but you should be aware that only has 6 month validity. But what can you expect from Home Office to be quite honest? not too much!!!!!

Keep in touch for updates. I am planning to call HO this Thursday, it's been 16 weeks since I applied and I just want to check where my application is at the moment!, lets see what they say! probably not too much but at least I am trying!

Berith

paris
Newly Registered

hi patience

Post by paris » Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:55 pm

hi patience
any updates?

paris
Newly Registered

Post by paris » Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:57 pm

any updates Patience

Tyro

Cyprus Embassy refuse to give visa as my EEA2 is not done

Post by Tyro » Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:21 pm

Hello Every one,

I am a very serious problem ,please help,

here is my case

I have indian passport and married to a greek cypriot.
Sept 2008, I applied for residence card EEA2, nearly six months,
after seeing its taking too long, we arranged to go to Cyprus next month end of March 2009.
We got our documents back from Home office and talked to Cyprus Embassy London.

Cyrpus Embassy said they won'tbe able to give me entery visa as I don't have any Visa to come to Uk.
I explained I will apply for family permit from Cyprus and will come back as I work in UK.
They said no this is their requirement. If I had residence card I wouldn't need visa to go to Cyprus.

I was on HSMP before applying for residence card.
Please advise what are the EU laws of free movement why I can't go to Cyprus while I am traveling with my wife.

Please help

Patience

Post by Patience » Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:15 am

paris wrote:any updates Patience
Nothing Paris. They should even send my self addressed registered envelope back. :lol:

pdykid

Post by pdykid » Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:30 am

MY wife received a COA on 16th Oct 2008. We applied on 30th Sep 2008.

Dear mrs. Surname

Re: Mrs Firstname Surname Natinality bithdate month year

thanks for your application of 30th seo 2008.

do not make non - urgent travel

Family member who are not themselves EEA nationals
such person can engage in employment without work permit.
----
Prospective employers:
can contact HO on 08450106677 (note this number does not deal with any other enquiries)

But there is no case number or id for the application...just name reference .
thats it, there is nothing mentioned about COA expire or period/ validity for the letter.