ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Inquiries Citizenship application date

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mohshamy
Newly Registered
Egypt

Inquiries Citizenship application date

Post by mohshamy » Sun Jul 07, 2024 9:41 pm

Good afternoon, I have a couple of questions please.
I got my ILR decision (from T2 SW visa) on 25th of July 2023, issue date on the BRP is 14th August (due to delay in BRP issuing from UKVI),
My understanding is that I can submit citizenship application on 25th July 2024 or later. Is that true?

My understanding also is that I can pay for my citizenship application 2 weeks before the 25th July and aim at biometrics on or after 25th of July, because that would be the actual submission date, is that true?
Many thanks in advance

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Inquiries Citizenship application date

Post by alterhase58 » Sun Jul 07, 2024 10:02 pm

mohshamy wrote:
Sun Jul 07, 2024 9:41 pm
Good afternoon, I have a couple of questions please.
I got my ILR decision (from T2 SW visa) on 25th of July 2023, issue date on the BRP is 14th August (due to delay in BRP issuing from UKVI),
My understanding is that I can submit citizenship application on 25th July 2024 or later. Is that true? Yes-but BRP date is not relevant.

My understanding also is that I can pay for my citizenship application 2 weeks before the 25th July No-you can't.and aim at biometrics on or after 25th of July, because that would be the actual submission date, is that true? No - application date is is the day you submit/pay online - the biometrics date is irrelevant.
Many thanks in advance
Note: naturalisation is not an immigration application - it has it's own rules and requirements under the British Nationality Act.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

mohshamy
Newly Registered
Egypt

Post by mohshamy » Sun Jul 07, 2024 10:21 pm

Thank you for clarification.

mohshamy
Newly Registered
Egypt

Post by mohshamy » Mon Jul 08, 2024 6:19 pm

Sorry, I have another inquiry, please.
I had an IELTS UKVI (CEFR level C1) done in 2018 and I used it for my initial T2 SW visa to the UK in 2018. When I applied for ILR in 2023, I was not asked to provide proof of English because I had already proved it on an earlier immigration application.
I am applying for Citizenship this month, do I need to provide any additional proof of English language knowledge or just the OUTDATED UKVI IELTS?
The guidance on Gov.uk, states that I can use outdated approved tests if applying for citizenship and test was used for settlement, I always thought that this would apply to my case but now I am suspicious.
https://www.gov.uk/english-language/app ... ifications

Thank you again

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Mon Jul 08, 2024 9:47 pm

No because you used it for a visa, not for ILR. suggest you take another test (SELT B1) in an approved test centre.
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.