ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Temporay stamp 4eu fam

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Terry68
Newly Registered
France

Re: Temporay stamp 4eu fam

Post by Terry68 » Sat Jul 06, 2024 12:24 pm

@IR-portal congratulations surely luck is by your side happy for you . 😎

karlo89
Newly Registered
Mood:
Brunei

Post by karlo89 » Wed Jul 10, 2024 12:04 pm

good morning all

Angell99 i have an update in my application , finally i received this morning my Temporary stamp 4 permission ( 8 months ) and asking for my account bank , so i made an appointement by phone for next Thursday , i am wondering if should my wife goes with me or not necessary ? cause sh'll will be working that day .

Angel99
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by Angel99 » Thu Jul 11, 2024 3:57 am

karlo89 wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2024 12:04 pm
good morning all

Angell99 i have an update in my application , finally i received this morning my Temporary stamp 4 permission ( 8 months ) and asking for my account bank , so i made an appointement by phone for next Thursday , i am wondering if should my wife goes with me or not necessary ? cause sh'll will be working that day .
Hi,
Congrats on your first step. It's mandatory for your wife to be present when registering your permission at the Garda Immigration office. It's only in Dublin, Kildare, Meath or Wicklow you can apply for renewal/your stamp 4EUFAM on the ISD online portal.

karlo89
Newly Registered
Mood:
Brunei

Post by karlo89 » Thu Jul 11, 2024 10:21 am

hi
i called them yesterday and i made an appointement but i didn't receive confirmation email yet , so i send an email for tell them that and still no response , what if my appoitement come and i go without confirmation , it will be a probleme ?

IR_portal
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Post by IR_portal » Fri Jul 19, 2024 8:28 pm

karlo89 wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2024 10:21 am
hi
I called them yesterday and I made an appointment but I didn't receive a confirmation email yet, so I sent an email to tell them that and still no response, what if my appointment comes and I go without confirmation, will be a probleme ?
Hello,

Thanks for the congratulatory message. Answering to your question as I have a recent experience with that (what if my appointment comes and i go without confirmation, it will be a problem ?)
1- You can't have an appointment confirmed without the email notification/acknowledgment. You will need to print out the same confirmation email and the letter you received from the Justice Depratment.
2-There is a confirmation code you must input in the office and print out a ticket.

Your spouse has to be present with you and she needs to show her Passport. You will make a fingerprint before leaving the office.

Fingers crossed 🤞

Wonder188
Newly Registered
Ukraine

Post by Wonder188 » Thu Aug 01, 2024 9:42 am

Hi all,

I think I posted originally in the wrong thread 🫣
I have a dual nationality and applied with one for 4EU Fam.

We have sent documents on 28.05.2024
Received acknowledgement letter on 07.06.2024 with request of proof of relationship documents and a survey to fill.

Proof of relationship we have plenty of documentation, but we never in 9 years been on each other lease, shared insurance etc. I was living mainly abroad due to nature of my work.

My question is what's next, so after they receive additional documentation... They will give a temporary stamp ? And only after the proper residence? If yes, what are the steps for the temporary stamp ? Visit to Garda ?

Sorry if I am asking silly questions, just a bit confused ...

Angel99
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by Angel99 » Thu Aug 01, 2024 11:51 am

Wonder188 wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2024 9:42 am
Hi all,

Received acknowledgement letter on 07.06.2024 with request of proof of relationship documents and a survey to fill.

Proof of relationship we have plenty of documentation, but we never in 9 years been on each other lease, shared insurance etc. I was living mainly abroad due to nature of my work.

My question is what's next, so after they receive additional documentation... They will give a temporary stamp ? And only after the proper residence? If yes, what are the steps for the temporary stamp ? Visit to Garda ?

Hi,

If you read through the other thread i suggested you will find your answer. However find your answer below;

**If your application is accepted after sending them sufficient evidence of your relationship prior to marriage, you will receive a temporary stamp 4 letter via post. You will be asked in that letter to visit the responsible Garda Immigration office with your EU spouse to register your temporary stamp 4.

If you live in Dublin, Cork, Kildare, Limerick, Meath or Wicklow, you will have to visit the Registration Office located 13-14 Burth Quay, Dublin 2 to register your first permission.

After your stamp 4EUFAM is approved you will only be required to register/renew online. https://www.irishimmigration.ie/registe ... -limerick/

Temporary stamp 4 is also considered as legal residence and added to your years for citizenship.

Christophjoe
Newly Registered
Mood:
Algeria

Post by Christophjoe » Mon Aug 12, 2024 3:27 pm

IR_portal wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2024 12:09 pm
meself2 wrote:
Fri May 24, 2024 5:55 pm
IR_portal wrote:
Fri May 24, 2024 3:28 pm
meself2 wrote:
Fri May 24, 2024 11:25 am
IR_portal wrote:
Fri May 24, 2024 10:41 am
Hello everyone, I have a similar case here. I sent my EU TR1(Fam) application yesterday 23/05/2024 and it delivered 8am this morning, i got notification from AnPost because i requested a notification once its delivers. My questions now is what are the steps and process involved after ones application as delivered.
- Do I wait for an acknowledged email, or will a letter be sent to my home?
- Any idea waiting period for this?
What is the next step and waiting period after I get an acknowledged message from them.

I am asking because I relocated to Ireland with my Polish spouse from Poland. She has been exercising her EU treaty rights since February because I had to wait several months to get the EU treaty visa from Poland. My 90-day permission will expire early next month, and moreover, I applied for a government job,, with which I explained that I am waiting for my application to be approved, I got an interview scheduled for next week.I am just a bit stressed right now, as I don't know how long i can wait to get the temporary or the full GNIB card or what ever name its referred to. I also need to fly to poland and get some few things done but scared I might have issues at the border returning or no airline might even carry me from poland.
The stress of not able to open a bank account is also a big thing here. I was able to get my PPSN done and collected my PPS card thou. Can you also advise on how I can open a bank account, I used a phone bill but it was denied. I am a Nigerian citizen with a polish card residence and just relocated here with my polish spouse.

Please can anyone drive me through this whole process.I have read few success stories on here and i wish i will also be able to share mine very soon.

thanks

Kind regards
You have to wait for a while (several months, possibly) for either a decision or temporary stamp.
You're not going to get an Irish residence permit in a week, to be honest.

Technically, they should send you a temporary stamp in a month or two, as you're going through EUTR1, but as per reports on the forum, it's not always the case.
RE: Thanks for your swift response.I guess the best option is just to wait as advised. Can I ask, What or how does this temporary permit looks like? is it a stamp on the passport or like an ID card or just a paper inform of letter ? and if at all i receive this temporary permit, does it allow my entry back to ireland if i decide to fly to poland and return? ( I have a Polish residence card).
secondly, I have a job interview next week,are there chances of getting this job offer or i should just cancel the interview because my visa was EU Fam visa which was only valid entry with my wife and i received a 90 days stamp which will expire early next month. I am just stressed coz been idle without a job or access to anything bores me and makes one depressed to be honest.
The process for you to get the IRP, which is a plastic card allowing you to travel (either temporary or permanent) is:
- you get a letter from ISD that outlines your situation and states what stamp you can get (it'll probably be 4 for temporary and 4EUFam for proper one; both allow to work and travel);
- you either fill out an online application (Dublin and surrounding counties) or make an appointment with your local immigration office (other counties).
- if you have an appointment, visit the station at a given time.
- Once done, you have to either collect your residence permit from the station or (if in Greater Dublin) it'll be mailed to you by post.

You cannot travel with the letter, you need the card as airlines would want to see it on your way back to Ireland.

For the timelines, as I mentioned, it'll take a few months for an acknowledgement letter; after that, it'll take a few more months to get your hands on a physical card (for example, they're currently processing week of April 8th in Greater Dublin so about 2.5 months; tend to be longer elsewhere).

As for a job, I would not expect any reply from ISD next week, so unless the start is in a few months (up to 8, if not more) and they're ready to wait for you, I'd call it off.
=================================================

I am thrilled to share some wonderful news with all of you. As many of you know, I submitted my application, which was delivered via AnPost on 24th May 2024. I am pleased to inform you that I received a letter confirming my application's approval on 2nd July 2024.

I went for my fingerprint appointment yesterday, 4th July 2024, and was informed that my card would be delivered within the next 10 days. Additionally, I am happy to report that my passport has been stamped for 5 years. I was advised to renew my passport 46 weeks before the 5-year period expires.

I want to take this opportunity to extend my heartfelt thanks to everyone who has supported me throughout this journey. Your guidance and encouragement have been invaluable. A special thank you to the forum admin for maintaining such a supportive and informative community.

I promised to share my good news with you all, and I am delighted to do so. Thank you once again for your unwavering support.
Congratulations, that was so quick.

Wonder188
Newly Registered
Ukraine

Post by Wonder188 » Wed Aug 14, 2024 9:10 pm

Angel99 wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2024 11:51 am
Wonder188 wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2024 9:42 am
Hi all,

Hi,

If you read through the other thread i suggested you will find your answer. However find your answer below;

**If your application is accepted after sending them sufficient evidence of your relationship prior to marriage, you will receive a temporary stamp 4 letter via post. You will be asked in that letter to visit the responsible Garda Immigration office with your EU spouse to register your temporary stamp 4.

If you live in Dublin, Cork, Kildare, Limerick, Meath or Wicklow, you will have to visit the Registration Office located 13-14 Burth Quay, Dublin 2 to register your first permission.

After your stamp 4EUFAM is approved you will only be required to register/renew online. https://www.irishimmigration.ie/registe ... -limerick/

Temporary stamp 4 is also considered as legal residence and added to your years for citizenship.
Thank you !

Well I have received two letters today, after submitting additional documents on 1st August. Initial application was 28th May.

1- request of residence in the state, we provided twice utility bills on my husband's names, but I guess it wasn't sufficient... We might have to ask for landlord letter to include my name, as we can't think what else to provide. I have an AiB bank account, but I don't use it frequently ... But I have it since 2015 (as a student).

2- A letter inviting to take an appointment for temporary stamp.

I guess it will be stamp 4 but not the actual residence card. We do plan to travel next week for long planned holiday , so shall we inform them by letter and take the appointment after that date ? Slightly confused what will be best course of action.

But otherwise it seems to be moving somewhere as an application.

Angel99
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by Angel99 » Thu Aug 15, 2024 3:27 am

Hi,

Congrats moving to step 2.

1. Yes ask your landlord to write a letter confirming you and your spouse reside there. The letter should include landlord's address, phone number and rent amount. You can also add copy of a letter you received from a government office with your name on it.

2. The letter you recieved is a temporary stamp registration letter. And yes it's not the actual EU-Residence card. After registration you will receive normal Stamp 4 IRP which is somehow like a stable residence.

**You will need to contact your residence Garda Immigration office. Normally by email or call and request for an appointment. If you live in one of the places i mentioned in my earlier post, you contact or visit the Registration Office located 13-14 Burth Quay, Dublin 2 to register your first permission.

If the appointment dates given is not suitable, you can let them reschedule.

Wonder188
Newly Registered
Ukraine

Post by Wonder188 » Thu Aug 15, 2024 11:29 am

Thanks @Angel:)

That's a good tip about including the government letter with my name on it. Since our landlords live abroad, would it be acceptable if they emailed us instead? Or does it need to be signed?

Also, why do they issue Stamp 4 IRP first instead of 4EUFam? I'm concerned because that's what I applied, my spouse isn't Irish.

I've contacted the immigration office, but the earliest appointment available is on the 25th, which unfortunately clashes with our travel plans. Any suggestions on who I should notify about our holiday plans? We did mention it in the last survey they sent asking about upcoming holidays, so we provided the dates of past and upcoming trips.

Angel99
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by Angel99 » Thu Aug 15, 2024 6:49 pm

Hi,

You can ask your landlord to send a copy of the signed letter via email. You just print and add it to the other documents.

It's normal for issuing a temporary IRP stamp 4 to EU family members because your application has not been decided yet. In other EU countries they issue a letter or visa sticker to allow you to access employment and government services.

** You are not yet accepted to enjoy the EU law privileges.

Regarding your travel plans, it will be best you first register your permission letter before you travel to avoid any problems later.