ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR for my dependents not completing 5 years

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rajenderenator
Newly Registered
India

ILR for my dependents not completing 5 years

Post by rajenderenator » Thu Jul 11, 2024 11:44 am

Hi , I am on ILR via 10yrs route. my wife qualified for ILR 5yrs in UK, but my kids is not and short of 70days which is 2.5months .

My wife and kids visa expires on 15th July 2024.
So my question is can I apply for all dependents just normal extension with Set(M) application and wait for kids qualifying period then vary to ILR for all dependents..
please help me with your viable solution , its all about money saving matters.
Please guide me..
many thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR for my dependents not completing 5 years

Post by CR001 » Thu Jul 11, 2024 11:48 am

1. Do NOT tag your questions onto other members topics. It is rude to do so.

2. What visas do your dependents hold?

3. Set M is for ilr if they have 5 years as spouse visa under Appendix fm. Is this the case or do they hold another visa category?

4. There is no 5 year residence requirement for children. They qualify when both parents do or have ilr.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

rajenderenator
Newly Registered
India

Post by rajenderenator » Thu Jul 11, 2024 1:52 pm

Hi I am really sorry for tag, I dint not aware that.. extremely sorry ..
Huge thanks for you reply for query..

I am on ILR and my wife already spend 5years on FLRM spouse route for 5 yrs in UK her visa expires on 15/07/2024 ready for ILR … but my kids visa approved and printed on passport temporary visa for 30days -03-10-2019 / 02-11-2019 before they come to UK very first time but their BRP validity printed is 27/09/2019 - 23/11/2021 and current visa expires 15/07/2024 and very important point is kids arrived into UK on 16/10/2019 date.. so either way to take reference to printed on passport temporary or BRP or arrival in UK date kids not completed 5 yrs in UK .. they short of 2-3 month for ILR eligibility... So my humble request to you is please tell me what I need to do here apply for ILR for all 3 or only apply ILR to my wife and kids to extend again and barrow some more time until they eligible.. many thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jul 11, 2024 2:30 pm

The children can apply when for ilr with your wife!!

Children do not have to wait for 5 years first.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

rajenderenator
Newly Registered
India

Post by rajenderenator » Thu Jul 11, 2024 7:43 pm

Hi.
Would you mind to send me the home office information (sections or rules) where it says exactly. like link or some information.
many thanks.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Fri Jul 12, 2024 1:25 am

This is common knowledge for people with a good understanding of the rules. Children do not have a qualifying period for ILR.
Paragraph 298 of the immigration rules covers this.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration ... ly-members
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

rajenderenator
Newly Registered
India

Post by rajenderenator » Sat Jul 13, 2024 3:18 pm

zimba wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2024 1:25 am
This is common knowledge for people with a good understanding of the rules. Children do not have a qualifying period for ILR.
Paragraph 298 of the immigration rules covers this.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration ... ly-members
Thanks a lot you are legend and saves the money and time ,
As I asked to 3 -4 solicitors and and they all told me to apply for ILR dependents extension and after 2 months later vary the application to ILR which cost to me hell a lot of money..

one more request can I draft it in my cover letter as below. or would you be help me any simplified sample draft for me which will be my application stronger...

Requirements for indefinite leave to remain in the United Kingdom as the child of a parent, parents or a relative present and settled or being admitted for settlement in the United Kingdom
298. The requirements to be met by a person seeking indefinite leave to remain in the United Kingdom as the child of a parent, parents or a relative present and settled in the United Kingdom are that he:
(i) is seeking to remain with a parent, parents or a relative in one of the following circumstances:
(a) both parents are present and settled in the United Kingdom; or
(b) one parent is present and settled in the United Kingdom and the other parent is dead; or
(c) one parent is present and settled in the United Kingdom and has had sole responsibility for the child’s upbringing or the child normally lives with this parent and not their other parent; or
(d) one parent or a relative is present and settled in the United Kingdom and there are serious and compelling family or other considerations which make exclusion of the child undesirable and suitable arrangements have been made for the child’s care; and
(ii) has or has had limited leave to enter or remain in the United Kingdom, and
(a) is under the age of 18; or
(b) was given leave to enter or remain with a view to settlement under paragraph 302 or Appendix FM; or
(c) was admitted into the UK in accordance with paragraph 319R and has completed a period of 2 years limited leave as the child of a refugee or beneficiary of humanitarian protection who is now present and settled in the UK or as the child of a former refugee or beneficiary of humanitarian protection who is now a British Citizen, or
(d) the applicant has limited leave to enter or remain in the United Kingdom in accordance with paragraph 319X, as the child of a relative with limited leave to remain as a refugee or beneficiary of humanitarian protection in the United Kingdom and who is now present and settled here; or
(e) was last given limited leave to remain under paragraph 298A; or
(f) was last given entry clearance or permission to stay under Appendix Adoption or the adopted children rules in this Part; and
(iii) is not leading an independent life, is unmarried, and has not formed an independent family unit; and
(iv) can, and will, be accommodated adequately by the parent, parents or relative the child was admitted to join, without recourse to public funds in accommodation which the parent, parents or relative the child was admitted to join, own or occupy exclusively; and
(v) can, and will, be maintained adequately by the parent, parents or relative the child was admitted to join, without recourse to public funds; and
(vi) does not fall for refusal under the general grounds for refusal, and
(vii) if aged 18 or over, was admitted to the United Kingdom under paragraph 302, or Appendix FM, or 319R or 319X and has demonstrated sufficient knowledge of the English language and sufficient knowledge about life in the United Kingdom in accordance with Appendix KoLL.
298A. If an applicant does not meet the requirements of paragraph 298 only because:
(a) the applicant does not meet the requirement in paragraph 298(vi) by reason of a sentence or disposal of a type mentioned in paragraph 9.4.3. of Part 9 of these Rules; or
(b) an applicant aged 18 or over does not meet the requirement in paragraph 298(vii); or
(c) the applicant would otherwise be refused indefinite leave to remain under paragraph 9.4.3. of Part 9 of these Rules, the applicant may be granted limited leave to remain for a period not exceeding 30 months and subject to a condition of no recourse to public funds.

Many thanks
Raj

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jul 13, 2024 3:31 pm

Ukvi know the rules!! They wrote them! You don't have to write a letter to tell them their own rules!

You are overthinking this completely.
Char (CR001 not Casa)