ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU Family Perkit Home Office Interview

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

BMDNL1
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

EU Family Perkit Home Office Interview

Post by BMDNL1 » Sat Jul 13, 2024 8:29 pm

Hi There,
I applied for an EUSS family permit for my 14 year old daughter and after 9 months of waiting,have received an invitation to attend an interview at 66 Wilson street in September.
Wondering what kind of questions they would ask about my child.
Also,are the interviews conducted by UKVI on site or virtual or Home office staff come into the office and do the interviews? Thanks in advance for any input .

alterhase58
Germany

Re: EU Family Perkit Home Office Interview

Post by alterhase58 » Sat Jul 13, 2024 10:35 pm

UKVI are part of the Home Office, so if you have been invited to their office (69 Wilson Street) then they will interview you there in person. Otherwise they would have explained arrangements.

Can't comment on what questions they will ask - I would certainly make sure you know your paperwork - questions are likely not just about the child but about you and family as well (just guessing, but be prepared and confident about all details).
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

BMDNL1
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: EU Family Perkit Home Office Interview

Post by BMDNL1 » Fri Jul 26, 2024 5:29 pm

Thank you for the reply. Actually am from the interview and it well. Questions were about verifying if I have been in the child’s life,family etc.
However, someone fraudulently used my details to apply for 4 kids under my details….was shocked when the officer told me if I was sponsoring other children to which I said no. Unfortunate,the settled status UAN was told can’t be changed. In a nutshell,it seems the interview was primarily about these other “3 ghost” applicants using my passport details and UAN and not about my daughter as the UKVI officer was satisfied with my answers pertaining to my child. Still shocked at how some fraudster managed to get my passport details and UAN! Just a heads up to everyone to keep their info safe! UKVI officer said I should call 111 and report the offence but it has no bearing on my file .