ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

My employer sponsor license has been revoked.

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

leo20192019
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

My employer sponsor license has been revoked.

Post by leo20192019 » Wed Jul 10, 2024 12:42 pm

Hi,

I arrived in the UK on 2.5 year visa on work permit as a care worker visa with my husband and kids. I'm the main applicant and husband and kids are dependent. We all have two and half years visa.

My employer has gone burst and his sponsorship licence has been revoked. I've been told to find another employer and get a new sponsor to change visa.

I'm not in a position to look for new employer as it's very difficult to find an employer who could sponsor us again in the UK. I just wonder what are my options to continue living here legally? Secondly if I decide to apply for an asylum, will my application be accepted?

Please anybody could help. Thx

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: My employer sponsor license has been revoked.

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Jul 10, 2024 1:01 pm

leo20192019 wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2024 12:42 pm
Hi,

I arrived in the UK on 2.5 year visa on work permit as a care worker visa with my husband and kids. I'm the main applicant and husband and kids are dependent. We all have two and half years visa.

My employer has gone burst and his sponsorship licence has been revoked. I've been told to find another employer and get a new sponsor to change visa.

I'm not in a position to look for new employer as it's very difficult to find an employer who could sponsor us again in the UK. I just wonder what are my options to continue living here legally? Secondly if I decide to apply for an asylum, will my application be accepted?

Asylum claims are not straight forward and no once can categorically tell you the outcome.

leo20192019
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by leo20192019 » Wed Jul 10, 2024 1:10 pm

Thanks for your reply.

What are my options to switch to other visa categories??.. what I should do in this circumstance please??

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Jul 10, 2024 1:12 pm

leo20192019 wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2024 12:42 pm
Hi,

I'm not in a position to look for new employer as it's very you can do so before receiving curtailment letter difficult to find an employer who could sponsor us again in the UK. I just wonder what are my options to continue living here legally? Getting a new CoS from a new employer appears to be the only option.Secondly if I decide to apply for an asylum, will my application be accepted?

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Thu Jul 11, 2024 10:00 pm

leo20192019 wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2024 1:10 pm
Thanks for your reply.

What are my options to switch to other visa categories??.. what I should do in this circumstance please??
You should find another employer. Alternatively, your spouse could find an employer who can sponsor him and you can stay as their dependant.

Asylum claims are long and tideous process without clear chances of success.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Sun Jul 14, 2024 8:15 pm

There are a near unlimited supply of carer vacancies across the UK. Every major care provider has roles so I am a little surprised you are not able to find a role? Are you a qualified / experienced carer, if so you will find no difficulty finding a role.

Asylum claim will put you into limbo possibly for years and no real chance of success given you readily entered the UK under a standard work visa route. Why would you not have claimed asylum on entry and just at the point where your sponsor went burst.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Sun Jul 14, 2024 9:04 pm

Frontier Mole wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2024 8:15 pm
There are a near unlimited supply of carer vacancies across the UK. Every major care provider has roles so I am a little surprised you are not able to find a role? Are you a qualified / experienced carer, if so you will find no difficulty finding a role.

Asylum claim will put you into limbo possibly for years and no real chance of success given you readily entered the UK under a standard work visa route. Why would you not have claimed asylum on entry and just at the point where your sponsor went burst.
Finding a role where employer provides sponsorship is the issue in the health and social care sector at the moment.
Most adverts states not to apply if requiring sponsorship.