ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Skilled worker dependant & multiple jobs

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

AJ001
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Skilled worker dependant & multiple jobs

Post by AJ001 » Mon Jul 15, 2024 6:02 pm

I am on the skilled worker-dependent route, I am working as a limited company sole director. I have a team of sub-contractors in place to carry out the work. I withdraw my regular salary and dividend also. Additionally, I have recently been approached for a full-time job which is quite interesting and I am continuing to consider the role. My employer is aware of my company and is okay with it.

Being a sole director (withdraw salary through PAYE) and a full-time employee to another company is in accordance with UKVI/HMRC/UK labor laws or having 2 roles can cause any sort of issue for my future UKVI applications (including ILR). Additionally, is there any law that stops me from working unlimited hours per week or month?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

vinny

Re: Skilled worker dependant & multiple jobs

Post by vinny » Tue Jul 16, 2024 12:12 am

A Skilled worker dependant’s conditions are subject to

SW 36.3.
The grant will be subject to all the following conditions:
  • (a) no access to public funds; and
  • (b) work (including self-employment and voluntary work) is permitted, except as a professional sportsperson (including as a sports coach); and
  • (c) study is permitted, subject to the ATAS condition in Appendix ATAS, if the applicant is over the age of 18.
  • (d) DELETED
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

AJ001
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by AJ001 » Tue Jul 16, 2024 9:34 am

Thank you for the response. So basically a skilled worker dependent can do everything without limitation of hours or job sector (excluding access to public funds and working in the sport sector) ?

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Jul 16, 2024 9:47 am

Agree.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.