ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Student Visa outside UK 3 months

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ShezAffan
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Student Visa outside UK 3 months

Post by ShezAffan » Tue Jul 16, 2024 6:03 am

Am currently on student visa doing masters and i have finished my both semesters and after a long break my dissertation classes conducted online and i travelled outside UK and now am almost 3months away from UK. I haven't informed my UNI before i left since it a 2 months break and now am planning to return end of July and MY BRP is valid till 30th Sep. Will i have any problems returning in the UK Border after away for 3 months.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Student Visa outside UK 3 months

Post by AmazonianX » Tue Jul 16, 2024 7:23 am

Did you leave during term time or during holiday from Uni?
Shouldn't pose a problem.

zxyzhgp
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zxyzhgp » Tue Jul 16, 2024 9:13 am

Please check your univeristy website.
When I were a student and went outside UK (holiday, conference during term time/not term time), I always needed to apply for an absence leave thing.

should not be a big problem

sah10406
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by sah10406 » Tue Jul 16, 2024 9:29 am

ShezAffan wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2024 6:03 am
Will i have any problems returning in the UK Border after away for 3 months.
This is not an issue in itself. Monitoring your attendance, engagement and studying in the UK is a matter for your university, not for the UK Border Agency.

You seem unclear whether your absence has been for 2 months or 3 months -- you say both -- but either way it is a long time, presumably including some term-time, so I am surprised and concerned that you did not check this with the university before travelling. You might like to retrospectively check now that they are still expecting you and still sponsoring your visa!
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

ShezAffan
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by ShezAffan » Tue Jul 16, 2024 12:16 pm

sah10406 wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2024 9:29 am
ShezAffan wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2024 6:03 am
Will i have any problems returning in the UK Border after away for 3 months.
This is not an issue in itself. Monitoring your attendance, engagement and studying in the UK is a matter for your university, not for the UK Border Agency.

You seem unclear whether your absence has been for 2 months or 3 months -- you say both -- but either way it is a long time, presumably including some term-time, so I am surprised and concerned that you did not check this with the university before travelling. You might like to retrospectively check now that they are still expecting you and still sponsoring your visa!
Many of our students dont inform University when they go even for a short term because they will directly tell us you cant leave the country. Am still in their Sponsorship.

sah10406
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by sah10406 » Tue Jul 16, 2024 3:31 pm

ShezAffan wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2024 12:16 pm
Many of our students dont inform University when they go even for a short term because they will directly tell us you cant leave the country.
Seems like a strange rule. Very unusual. Which university is this?
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.