ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Are BRPs still issued ?

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

smallichai
India

Are BRPs still issued ?

Post by smallichai » Tue Jul 16, 2024 11:15 am

Hi ,

My incountry skilled worker visa application is successful.
However, it's mentioned in email that I will recieve BRP in 7-10 days.

Can I use my old BRP to create an evisa account ?

Also, can I travel out of the country and my partner will be In country and collect the new BRP and bring it along with her so that I can travel back into the country?

Please advise.

vinny

Re: Are BRPs still issued ?

Post by vinny » Tue Jul 16, 2024 2:41 pm

Be aware.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

smallichai
India

Post by smallichai » Wed Jul 17, 2024 12:14 am

I registered with old BRP and have the evisa now with new leave to remain date. And also able to create a share code.

However, I don't have the new BRP with me. I can board the flight with old BRP while coming back, but with we be asked for new BRP by the border force

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Jul 17, 2024 12:27 am

The Border force are probably okay as, hopefully, they may check your status online. However, if your old BRP has expired, then some airlines may not let you travel due to possibilities of fines.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Jul 17, 2024 2:47 am

smallichai wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2024 12:14 am
I registered with old BRP and have the evisa now with new leave to remain date. And also able to create a share code.

However, I don't have the new BRP with me. I can board the flight with old BRP while coming back, but with we be asked for new BRP by the border force
The concern is being able to board the flight with old/expired BRP. As not having a visa a valid BRP is what you need to show airline personnel of what status or right you have to be in UK.