ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

IHS refund

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

smallichai
India

IHS refund

Post by smallichai » Wed Jul 17, 2024 12:21 am

Hi Experts,
Need inputs on the below typical situation om IHS refund after change of jobs (skilled worker visa)

My previous job- applied for 5 years visa valid till 2028 May and paid 5 years IHS.

Current job- applied for 1 year (cos for 1year) approved leave to remain until 2024 Aug.

Will I get an IHS refund for 3 and half years ?

smallichai
India

Re: IHS refund

Post by smallichai » Wed Jul 17, 2024 5:42 am

smallichai wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2024 12:21 am
Hi Experts,
Need inputs on the below typical situation om IHS refund after change of jobs (skilled worker visa)

My previous job- applied for 5 years visa valid till 2028 May and paid 5 years IHS.(2023 May to 2028 May)

Current job- applied for 1 year (cos for 1year) approved leave to remain until 2025 Aug.

Will I get an IHS refund for 3 and half years ?

ska_abbas

Post by ska_abbas » Fri Jul 19, 2024 9:35 am

you should, but timeline is not always confirmed.

Send an email with all your details to transactionalservicescorrespondence@homeoffice.gov.uk

Thanks

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Jul 19, 2024 10:23 am

Let us know what refund you’ll get.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Thachu
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Thachu » Fri Jul 19, 2024 11:03 am

ood Morning,

I hope you are doing well. I am pleased to inform you that my skilled worker visa application was successful. My previous visa was a PSW visa, which still has 8 months before it expires. I have now switched to a skilled worker visa.

I have heard that if the IHS (Immigration Health Surcharge) overlaps by more than 6 months, a refund for the overlapping period can be issued. However, the IHS for my PSW visa was paid using my old friend's American Express credit card. Receiving a refund on that card would be very difficult for me.

Could you please arrange for the refund of the PSW IHS amount to be transferred to my bank account, if I am eligible for the refund?

Please let me know if you need any further information