ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British citizenship approval after 10 months

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Wanderer2024
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Re: British citizenship approval after 10 months

Post by Wanderer2024 » Thu Jun 06, 2024 11:21 am

Dancull wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2024 11:19 am
Wanderer2024 wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2024 11:12 am
Dancull wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2024 11:08 am
I am reaching the 7th month soon.

I did two SARs, one was detailed and one was basic.

My basic SAR showed a lot more information than the detailed one regarding the naturalisation application.
But the basis one only includes applications submitted outside UK (confused).
Mine showed all the applications I made inside and outside the UK, including how they were considered etc.
Ah ok, Thanks. I will submit that one as well. Did you submit both at the same time? My specific SARis already submitted like 2-3 weeks ago I am still waiting for it to come back.

Dancull
Hungary

Post by Dancull » Thu Jun 06, 2024 11:27 am

Wanderer2024 wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2024 11:21 am
Dancull wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2024 11:19 am
Wanderer2024 wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2024 11:12 am
Dancull wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2024 11:08 am
I am reaching the 7th month soon.

I did two SARs, one was detailed and one was basic.

My basic SAR showed a lot more information than the detailed one regarding the naturalisation application.
But the basis one only includes applications submitted outside UK (confused).
Mine showed all the applications I made inside and outside the UK, including how they were considered etc.
Ah ok, Thanks. I will submit that one as well. Did you submit both at the same time? My specific SARis already submitted like 2-3 weeks ago I am still waiting for it to come back.
No problem, I submitted a detailed one in March and received it in exactly 20 working days. and the Basic one I submitted in April and received in 10 working days. Hopefully, you will find something on SAR, I forwarded my SARs to the FNE team and MP, and I will update here when I hear anything back from them.

Danushan
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Danushan » Fri Jun 14, 2024 2:50 pm

Hi
You provided useful details. Thank you
I just want to know what did you mentioned in the complaint review?

Dancull
Hungary

Post by Dancull » Mon Jun 17, 2024 8:53 am

Danushan wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2024 2:50 pm
Hi
I just want to know what you mentioned in the complaint review.
I just mentioned my application had been more than 6 months. and this is the second time they couldn't meet the service standard as my ILR took more than 6 months as well.

They replied in 7 days with a very standard email such enquiries were still opened etc and they couldn't uphold the complaint.

Wanderer2024
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by Wanderer2024 » Tue Jun 18, 2024 11:51 am

My Specific SAR came back and showed my application was not picked up until Jan even though I applied in Aug. Currently, there are some pending verification going on.

I have also escalated my rejected complaint to IEC and now waiting for them to look into it. I would like to email the home or Migration minister but the parliament is dissolved so have to wait until election is finished.

Wanderer2024
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by Wanderer2024 » Thu Jun 20, 2024 11:26 am

Danushan wrote:
Hi
Hi, I just mentioned how long has it been and that their replies were standard and do not provide any useful information.

The complaint will get rejected then you need to escalate the complaint and it will get rejected as well. Then you have option to escalate to IEC which I did and currently this is under process.

Dancull
Hungary

Post by Dancull » Fri Jun 21, 2024 8:56 am

Wanderer2024 wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2024 11:51 am
My Specific SAR came back and showed my application was not picked up until Jan even though I applied in Aug. Currently, there are some pending verification going on.

I have also escalated my rejected complaint to IEC and now waiting for them to look into it. I would like to email the home or Migration minister but the parliament is dissolved so have to wait until election is finished.
I noticed that my application wasn't even looked at until 4th month passed, the cases seem not processed in chronological order :( . However, I haven't seen any notes regarding pending verification. Did it mention in yours?

Wanderer2024
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by Wanderer2024 » Fri Jun 21, 2024 2:30 pm

Dancull wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2024 8:56 am
I noticed that my application wasn't even looked at until 4th month passed, the cases seem not processed in chronological order :( . However, I haven't seen any notes regarding pending verification. Did it mention in yours?
Mine did show when was tehe inquiry requested and when completed. Most recently there was another inquiry requested but no complete date so I am assuming its in progress.

Weird thing they had requested inquiry many times for me dont know why! Maybe it has expiry and if case worker did not action it on time they have to get new result.

Dancull
Hungary

Post by Dancull » Fri Jun 21, 2024 2:58 pm

Wanderer2024 wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2024 2:30 pm
Dancull wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2024 8:56 am
Mine did show when was tehe inquiry requested and when completed. Most recently there was another inquiry requested but no complete date so I am assuming its in progress.

Weird thing they had requested inquiry many times for me dont know why! Maybe it has expiry and if case worker did not action it on time they have to get new result.
Mine showed the completed date in March. and from March until May literally nothing apart from the Home office asked me to confirm some details. Did it show what enquiry they made on your application?

Wanderer2024
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by Wanderer2024 » Fri Jun 21, 2024 6:27 pm

Dancull wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2024 2:58 pm
Mine showed the completed date in March. and from March until May literally nothing apart from the Home office asked me to confirm some details. Did it show what enquiry they made on your application?
So case worker needs to pick up to process further. My inquiry showed as PNC multiple times.

Dancull
Hungary

Post by Dancull » Wed Jun 26, 2024 9:03 am

Wanderer2024 wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2024 6:27 pm
Dancull wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2024 2:58 pm
So case worker needs to pick up to process further. My inquiry showed as PNC multiple times.
I hope so, I don't know why our applications have been picked up so late, for example, my ILR application wasn't even processed until 5+ months had passed according to my SAR. Hopefully, we will hear good news soon.

neohk

Post by neohk » Fri Jun 28, 2024 1:34 am

Hard to say what actually worked for me but I got an SAR after getting my citizenship approved after waiting 18months

I followed some of the suggestions here and when the complaints team fobbed me off, I repeated my request to delete all other names apart from the one I used my passports, as SAR showed some duplicate entries for some reason

However, after 12 months they asked me to give them my address history again inc. the actual day of the months which wasn't part of the application form, and seemingly it got approved after 6 months but it took another email from my MP to get them to read my reply after like, a few weeks :roll:

vibemon
Newly Registered
Philippines

Post by vibemon » Fri Jun 28, 2024 6:55 am

How did you ask them to delete your names?

Dancull
Hungary

Post by Dancull » Fri Jun 28, 2024 9:12 am

vibemon wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2024 6:55 am
How did you ask them to delete your names?
I saw from another post that they won't delete the alias or preferred name that is recorded in their system instead they would just tell you they used the correct name to conduct the checks. :(

After HO asked me if I had completed the name change process because I used my preferred name for employment purposes, I got the second SAR, they added this preferred name to the alias section.

Danushan
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Danushan » Tue Jul 09, 2024 6:43 am

Wanderer2024 wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2024 11:26 am
Danushan wrote:
Hi
Hi, I just mentioned how long has it been and that their replies were standard and do not provide any useful information.

Hi did anyone receive any outcome so far ?

The complaint will get rejected then you need to escalate the complaint and it will get rejected as well. Then you have option to escalate to IEC which I did and currently this is under process.

kievlenka
Newly Registered
Ukraine

Post by kievlenka » Tue Jul 09, 2024 7:28 am

I am still waiting over 9 months , sent another email to majority of email addresses I have here

Havent sent the complaint yet and did the SAR back in April which showed I didn’t have a caseworker assigned at that point , only emails to caseworker team asking to allocate my case

I am a bit lost with info , where do I send a complaint to and what should I write in the email ?

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Tue Jul 09, 2024 7:42 am

You find instructions here on how to chase and complain viewtopic.php?f=42&t=343483

Just write how things unfolded: when you applied, how long it has been without an outcome, and attach the SAR results.
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.

NoUsername
Newly Registered
China

Post by NoUsername » Thu Jul 18, 2024 11:45 am

Hi, I'm starting the chase-up after more than 6 months of waiting without any communication. I've seen several email addresses listed on the forum. Could anyone advise which email addresses I should contact first? Should I copy all of them in?

NationalityEnquiries@homeoffice.gov.uk
citizenship.Support@homeoffice.gov.uk
NationalitySupportTeamFMT@homeoffice.gov.uk
furthernationalityenquiries@homeoffice.gov.uk

Many thanks.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Thu Jul 18, 2024 12:03 pm

Use all the addresses.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Thu Jul 18, 2024 12:06 pm

NoUsername wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2024 11:45 am
Hi, I'm starting the chase-up after more than 6 months of waiting without any communication. I've seen several email addresses listed on the forum. Could anyone advise which email addresses I should contact first? Should I copy all of them in?

Many thanks.
You find a guide with more email addresses you can use here viewtopic.php?f=42&t=343483
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.

NoUsername
Newly Registered
China

Post by NoUsername » Thu Jul 18, 2024 12:07 pm

alterhase58 wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2024 12:03 pm
Use all the addresses.
Thanks!

NoUsername
Newly Registered
China

Post by NoUsername » Thu Jul 18, 2024 12:09 pm

contorted_svy wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2024 12:06 pm
NoUsername wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2024 11:45 am

Many thanks.
You find a guide with more email addresses you can use here viewtopic.php?f=42&t=343483
Thanks!

Danushan
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Danushan » Thu Jul 18, 2024 1:19 pm

Hi
I’m waiting nearly 10months . Every time I contact furthernationalityenquiries@homeoffice.gov.uk I’m getting standard reply I raised a complaint regarding this but got the same reply. I’m trying to contact minister of migration dose any one know how to contact them ?

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Thu Jul 18, 2024 1:52 pm

Danushan wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2024 1:19 pm
Hi
I’m waiting nearly 10months . Every time I contact furthernationalityenquiries@homeoffice.gov.uk I’m getting standard reply I raised a complaint regarding this but got the same reply. I’m trying to contact minister of migration dose any one know how to contact them ?
It appears that at the moment, the post of the Minister of State for Legal Migration is empty.

But I am not sure if any minister (or judge) would intervene in an individual naturalisation case anyway, simply because doing so would set a bad precedent and make naturalisation a potentially political action rather than a purely administrative one.

You may not have much option but to wait. Is there a pressing reason that you need British citizenship urgently?
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

Wanderer2024
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by Wanderer2024 » Fri Aug 16, 2024 11:49 am

Hi All,

Just want to provide an update. I have been told by the IEC that decision has been made on my application and its sent via post. Not sure why its sent via post!

Thanks