ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Potential Breach in Work Conditions

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

eskay484
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Potential Breach in Work Conditions

Post by eskay484 » Mon Jul 15, 2024 5:48 pm

I have been on a skilled worker visa since 2019 (Tier 2 General Work visa then) I am about to apply for my ILr but i am concerned that it could be refused. In september 2022 I picked up a part time job as a delivery driver as I understood from my conditions that I could work part time for 20 hours. I missed the caveat that said it had to be in line with my job or on the shortage occupations list. Immediately I saw it I ended the job. I am still worried that it could be grounds for refusal.

Note: I have not applied yet but worried sick I could get rejected. My questions are:
1)Do i need to say this in my application or wait for them to get back to me ?
2) what are the consequences if i do not state it?
3)Will stating it shoot myself in the foot ?
4)Realistically what are my chances of getting rejected

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Potential Breach in Work Conditions

Post by zimba » Mon Jul 15, 2024 6:30 pm

You do not need to do anything. If UKVI notices this, they may conclude that you worked against the conditions of your stay.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

eskay484
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by eskay484 » Tue Jul 16, 2024 6:23 am

zimba wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2024 6:30 pm
You do not need to do anything. If UKVI notices this, they may conclude that you worked against the conditions of your stay.
Hi Thank you so much for your reply, I have been advised to write a cover letter by online solicitora explaining the breach. Could this help my case ?

AJ001
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by AJ001 » Tue Jul 16, 2024 9:15 am

Skilled worker guidelines for the settlement application suggests that " You should check the applicant's PAYE records for the past 12 months".

Additionally, supplementary work earnings is not considered for the application (until it's a second job).

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Tue Jul 16, 2024 2:00 pm

eskay484 wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2024 6:23 am
zimba wrote:
Hi Thank you so much for your reply, I have been advised to write a cover letter by online solicitora explaining the breach. Could this help my case ?
Explaining a breach does not make a breach inconsequential
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

eskay484
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by eskay484 » Tue Jul 16, 2024 8:37 pm

AJ001 wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2024 9:15 am
Skilled worker guidelines for the settlement application suggests that " You should check the applicant's PAYE records for the past 12 months".

Additionally, supplementary work earnings is not considered for the application (until it's a second job).
HI! Thank you so much for this ! Is it possible for you to please direct me to a document that states that they check PAYE records for the past 12 months

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Tue Jul 16, 2024 8:52 pm

You should check the applicant’s PAYE records for the past 12 months.

Until automated PAYE checks are available, applicants should provide a payslip and either a bank / building society statement or building society pass book, covering their most recent month’s pay, with their application. These documents should be dated no earlier than 31 days before the date of application. You do not need to check their records for the past 12 months unless you have particular concerns.
https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... accessible

eskay484
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by eskay484 » Tue Jul 16, 2024 9:26 pm

zimba wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2024 8:52 pm

Until automated PAYE checks are available, applicants should provide a payslip and either a bank / building society statement or building society pass book, covering their most recent month’s pay, with their application. These documents should be dated no earlier than 31 days before the date of application. You do not need to check their records for the past 12 months unless you have particular concerns.
Thank you so much wow! I have been worried sick so so long. This means If i mention this I would just be giving information that is not neccesary

eskay484
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by eskay484 » Thu Jul 18, 2024 5:14 am

zimba wrote:

HI, I have been informed that this is specifically for Assessing salary. For the suitability criteria. If I have no home office records of any breach could they still investigate this part time job ?

zxyzhgp
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zxyzhgp » Thu Jul 18, 2024 11:02 am

did you do any self assessment tax for your part time? or it is on PAYE?
I have a part time job as well and it is on PAYE. But this was not considered at all for my ILR and I did not submit any document for my part-time job.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Thu Jul 18, 2024 1:02 pm

eskay484 wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2024 5:14 am
zimba wrote:

HI, I have been informed that this is specifically for Assessing salary. For the suitability criteria. If I have no home office records of any breach could they still investigate this part time job ?
UKVI can use their systems and any data they have to check that you adhered to the conditions of your stay. There is no specific procedure for this and it is NOT just about assessing salary requirements for ILR. If they deem that any work you have undertaken was against the conditions of your stay, then you could face issues as advised before

eskay484
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by eskay484 » Thu Jul 18, 2024 4:47 pm

zxyzhgp wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2024 11:02 am
I have a part time job as well and it is on PAYE. But this was not considered at all for my ILR and I did not submit any document for my part-time job.
Yeah it was on PAYE

eskay484
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by eskay484 » Thu Jul 18, 2024 4:53 pm

zimba wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2024 1:02 pm
eskay484 wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2024 5:14 am
zimba wrote:

UKVI can use their systems and any data they have to check that you adhered to the conditions of your stay. There is no specific procedure for this and it is NOT just about assessing salary requirements for ILR. If they deem that any work you have undertaken was against the conditions of your stay, then you could face issues as advised before
I have seen if they see it, they have to choose to refuse by their discretion based on the nature of the breach. If i explain in a letter attached to my supporting documents the breach and stressing that it was minor and unintentional as it was a short period. Simply an oversight. Could this be favourable for me ?

eskay484
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by eskay484 » Thu Jul 18, 2024 4:56 pm

zxyzhgp wrote:
Was your part time job also relating to your skilled worker job code ?

zxyzhgp
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zxyzhgp » Thu Jul 18, 2024 5:18 pm

I would say they are related but their codes are different

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Thu Jul 18, 2024 5:29 pm

zimba wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2024 2:00 pm
eskay484 wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2024 6:23 am
zimba wrote:
Explaining a breach does not make a breach inconsequential
Any discretion is up to the UKVI

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Thu Jul 18, 2024 5:31 pm

eskay484 wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2024 4:56 pm
zxyzhgp wrote:
Was your part time job also relating to your skilled worker job code ?
OP explained that they took a part-time job as a delivery driver above. That is certainly not related to their skilled worker job and that is not allowed under the rules

AJ001
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by AJ001 » Wed Jul 24, 2024 9:53 am

eskay484 wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2024 4:47 pm
zxyzhgp wrote:
Yeah it was on PAYE
It will be good to know which route you have opted and what was the outcome.

AJ001
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by AJ001 » Mon Aug 05, 2024 10:16 am

eskay484 wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2024 5:48 pm
I have been on a skilled worker visa since 2019 (Tier 2 General Work visa then) I am about to apply for my ILr but i am concerned that it could be refused. In september 2022 I picked up a part time job as a delivery driver as I understood from my conditions that I could work part time for 20 hours. I missed the caveat that said it had to be in line with my job or on the shortage occupations list. Immediately I saw it I ended the job. I am still worried that it could be grounds for refusal.

Note: I have not applied yet but worried sick I could get rejected. My questions are:
1)Do i need to say this in my application or wait for them to get back to me ?
2) what are the consequences if i do not state it?
3)Will stating it shoot myself in the foot ?
4)Realistically what are my chances of getting rejected
Hi,

Any update on your matter ?