ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Benefits as domestic violence spousal visa

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Ginapina2024
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Benefits as domestic violence spousal visa

Post by Ginapina2024 » Thu Jul 18, 2024 5:01 pm

What are complete range of benefits I am entitled to under Domestic violence if on spousal visa and now waiting for ILR under domestic violence ?

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Benefits as domestic violence spousal visa

Post by Amber » Fri Jul 19, 2024 5:55 am

If you applied for migrant victims of domestic abuse concession prior to applying for indefinite leave to remain as a victim of domestic violence or abuse (and did so within 3 months), then you would have been given access to benefits to support yourself, that means you can claim all benefits, subject to the eligibility requirements for each benefit. Usually, it means Universal Credit and possibly Council Tax Support, but it depends on your circumstances.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: Benefits as domestic violence spousal visa

Post by Casa » Fri Jul 19, 2024 11:41 am

Ginapina2024 wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2024 5:01 pm
What are complete range of benefits I am entitled to under Domestic violence if on spousal visa and now waiting for ILR under domestic violence ?
In a post you tagged onto the end of another member's topic 2 days ago, you were asking how to withdraw your ILR application under DV. :idea:

viewtopic.php?t=260058&start=350#p2171302
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.