ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Will my student visa be refused?

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

MariaMagdalena
Newly Registered
India

Will my student visa be refused?

Post by MariaMagdalena » Sat Jul 20, 2024 7:32 am

I have applied for a student visa for MPhil/PhD. I have studied in the UK since 2017 till 2021(granted 4 student visas) and was on graduate route from Jan 2022 to Jan 2024 where I worked at my own university's research office from Dec 2022 to Dec 2023 (my graduate visa expired on 3rd Jan).
For my application I submitted
Offer letter
Cas letter
Bank letter
Bank statements
Receipts of payments to university
All educational degree transcripts and certificates
Tb test
Birth certificate
Affidavit of 1 and same person (passport does not have my surname).

I had a previous visit visa refusal in feb 2016 which I disclosed but did not upload on the account (as I was under the impression that we still have to submit physical copies of the documents so i thought i would submit my research proposal, copy of previous passport and visas and refusal letter with the physical documents).

Within 1 day of the passport submission, I received an email from UKVI asking for missing documents which was the refusal letter from Feb 2016. I sent the document immediately.

However I have an issue. My bank account was recently opened in May 2024 and my mom had transferred funds into it (on 3rd June) so that I can use those funds when term begin in London. My bank letter clearly mentions the creation date so I'm very worried if this will cause issues???
My previous account, which was a joint account with my dad, was closed due to me having a Revolut and HSBC UK accounts so my parents were transferring money to ne directly to Revolut and HSBC instead of the Indian bank account.

My tuition fee is £17992 and I have paid the university £14000 which is also mentioned on my CAS. I have also submitted the receipts.

I submitted the application on the 16th July and my bank letter is dated 16th July and the statements are covering from 16th June to 16th July, 17th June to 16th July and 18th June to 16th July.

I have been told that my visa will be refused due to my account being new.

Can this be refused???

MariaMagdalena
Newly Registered
India

Re: Will my student visa be refused?

Post by MariaMagdalena » Sat Jul 20, 2024 2:08 pm

Hello?

sah10406
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by sah10406 » Sat Jul 20, 2024 2:13 pm

MariaMagdalena wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2024 7:32 am
Told by who? What rule are they citing?
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

MariaMagdalena
Newly Registered
India

Post by MariaMagdalena » Sat Jul 20, 2024 2:38 pm

sah10406 wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2024 2:13 pm
MariaMagdalena wrote:
Told by who? What rule are they citing?
I asked on Quora and some people who are student immigration advisors and have written long posts on uk visas and immigration wrote that I have committed funds parking and I'm only trying to show I have funds for the visa application hence my visa will be refused. One person even said I committed deception so I will also be banned.
I'm extremely worried and scared now

I have not committed any funds parking and these are indeed funds given to me by my mother to study and support myself there. It's just that the account is new because I don't have an Indian account so opened one to deposit the money that I would need. I had also planned to use Axis Bank forex card when in the UK since my mother has to pay a lot of Tax Collected at Source while transferring money to HSBC or Revolut. So this was solely to study and living expenses.

sah10406
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by sah10406 » Sat Jul 20, 2024 3:10 pm

MariaMagdalena wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2024 2:38 pm
I asked on Quora and some people who are student immigration advisors and have written long posts on uk visas and immigration wrote that I have committed funds parking and I'm only trying to show I have funds for the visa application hence my visa will be refused. One person even said I committed deception so I will also be banned.
Link to your question on Quora?
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

MariaMagdalena
Newly Registered
India

Post by MariaMagdalena » Sat Jul 20, 2024 3:58 pm

sah10406 wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2024 3:10 pm
MariaMagdalena wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2024 2:38 pm
Link to your question on Quora?
Yes will send but do you also think my application is severely compromised and can get refused?

zxyzhgp
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zxyzhgp » Sat Jul 20, 2024 6:33 pm

I do not quite understand your visa history. So you were a student before and also worked for a while using Graduate visa route. And now you try to apply for a student visa (PhD?)?

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Jul 21, 2024 12:30 am

MariaMagdalena wrote:
I have applied for a student visa for MPhil/PhD.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

MariaMagdalena
Newly Registered
India

Post by MariaMagdalena » Sun Jul 21, 2024 3:12 am

zxyzhgp wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2024 6:33 pm
I do not quite understand your visa history. So you were a student before and also worked for a while using Graduate visa route. And now you try to apply for a student visa (PhD?)?
Yes I studied on a student visa before. I did BA, Masters and then worked in Research during Graduate Route Visa. I wanted to do a PhD so I applied for a student visa to do a PhD

MariaMagdalena
Newly Registered
India

Post by MariaMagdalena » Sun Jul 21, 2024 3:13 am

vinny wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2024 12:30 am
MariaMagdalena wrote:
I have applied for a student visa for MPhil/PhD.
??

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Jul 21, 2024 4:14 am

I was answering
zxyzhgp wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2024 6:33 pm
And now you try to apply for a student visa (PhD?)?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Jul 21, 2024 4:36 am

I cannot see anything in Financial requirement for a Student nor in Appendix Finance that your accounts in the Financial institutions must be opened earlier than the Dates of financial evidence.

Do recheck.

It would be informative for us to know why the posters on Quora think otherwise.

Do tell us the outcome of your application.

zxyzhgp
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zxyzhgp » Sun Jul 21, 2024 12:00 pm

Maybe those guys on Quora applied the rule for visitor visa to OP case.?

MariaMagdalena
Newly Registered
India

Post by MariaMagdalena » Mon Jul 22, 2024 5:15 pm

vinny wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2024 4:36 am
I cannot see anything in Financial requirement for a Student nor in Appendix Finance that your accounts in the Financial institutions must be opened earlier than the Dates of financial evidence.

Do recheck.

It would be informative for us to know why the posters on Quora think otherwise.

Do tell us the outcome of your application.
Thank you. I read the guidance again and I think they were quoting the rules for tourist visa. I was so scared.
I'm still quite worried because alongwith my statements I have also provided a bank letter along with my statements but the bank letter does not have it written that the funds have been there for 28 days ad the bank official was insisting that they only print out letters in a generic form and don't write in a customised way. I couldn't convince him to write it. The letter does have my name, account number, customer ID, funds in Indian rupees and British pounds and date of account creation. The letter is dated 16th July which is the date of application.
So will this cause problems?

MariaMagdalena
Newly Registered
India

Post by MariaMagdalena » Mon Jul 22, 2024 5:17 pm

zxyzhgp wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2024 12:00 pm
Maybe those guys on Quora applied the rule for visitor visa to OP case.?
Yes I think it's the visitor visa rule and they applied it to me because they kept saying funds parking and one member on reddit eventually said that funds parking is relevant in visit visa case

sah10406
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by sah10406 » Tue Jul 23, 2024 10:10 am

MariaMagdalena wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2024 5:15 pm
Given your continued anxiety about this matter, I don't understand why you are continuing to focus and rely on crowdsourced amateur visa advice from here, Quora and Reddit, especially as you and I can both see that some of it is wrong or misguided.

Your university is as invested in the success of your application as you are, and they have an international student adviser who offers free professional dedicated visa advice. I strongly advise you speak to them.

MariaMagdalena
Newly Registered
India

Post by MariaMagdalena » Tue Jul 23, 2024 10:36 am

sah10406 wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2024 10:10 am
MariaMagdalena wrote:
Given your continued anxiety about this matter, I don't understand why you are continuing to focus and rely on crowdsourced amateur visa advice from here, Quora and Reddit, especially as you and I can both see that some of it is wrong or misguided.

Your university is as invested in the success of your application as you are, and they have an international student adviser who offers free professional dedicated visa advice. I strongly advise you speak to them.
I did speak to them. They said the letter shouldn't be a problem as long as my statements demonstrate the 28 day funds. Though they weren't 100% sure hence asking

zxyzhgp
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zxyzhgp » Tue Jul 23, 2024 11:40 am

MariaMagdalena wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2024 10:36 am
sah10406 wrote:
MariaMagdalena wrote:

I did speak to them. They said the letter shouldn't be a problem as long as my statements demonstrate the 28 day funds. Though they weren't 100% sure hence asking
When I were doing tier 4 visa, my bank statemet never had those sentences saying fund stayed there for 28 days.
Bank staff at most stamp your bank statement and they would not write any sentence like that

MariaMagdalena
Newly Registered
India

Post by MariaMagdalena » Tue Jul 23, 2024 12:20 pm

zxyzhgp wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2024 11:40 am
MariaMagdalena wrote:
sah10406 wrote:
MariaMagdalena wrote:

When I were doing tier 4 visa, my bank statemet never had those sentences saying fund stayed there for 28 days.
Bank staff at most stamp your bank statement and they would not write any sentence like that
You are right. My bank used to write the 28 days statement but from this year onwards they said they can't write it and didn't.
Are you a visa national too?

sah10406
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by sah10406 » Tue Jul 23, 2024 12:32 pm

MariaMagdalena wrote:
They said the letter shouldn't be a problem as long as my statements demonstrate the 28 day funds. Though they weren't 100% sure hence asking
The problem is, you are asking for reassurance about meeting a rule that does not exist, about the date an account was opened. All the university Student visa experts can do is say correctly that there is no such rule, hence you do not need to meet it and your application is fine.

The other and more pressing problem is that you are stalking forums and assuming that any anonymous person online is an expert, and knows more about Student visa applications than you do, and more than the visa experts at your university do.

MariaMagdalena
Newly Registered
India

Post by MariaMagdalena » Tue Jul 23, 2024 3:02 pm

sah10406 wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2024 12:32 pm
MariaMagdalena wrote:
They said the letter shouldn't be a problem as long as my statements demonstrate the 28 day funds. Though they weren't 100% sure hence asking
The problem is, you are asking for reassurance about meeting a rule that does not exist, about the date an account was opened. All the university Student visa experts can do is say correctly that there is no such rule, hence you do not need to meet it and your application is fine.

The other and more pressing problem is that you are stalking forums and assuming that any anonymous person online is an expert, and knows more about Student visa applications than you do, and more than the visa experts at your university do.
It's OK. I just wanted to know if funds parking was relevant in my case as my account was new.

lolo2
Venezuela

Post by lolo2 » Tue Jul 23, 2024 7:07 pm

I don't think this should be an issue.

In any case, if you already submitted the application and attended biometrics there is not much you can do at this stage but only wait for the outcome.

MariaMagdalena
Newly Registered
India

Post by MariaMagdalena » Wed Jul 24, 2024 8:14 am

lolo2 wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2024 7:07 pm
I don't think this should be an issue.

In any case, if you already submitted the application and attended biometrics there is not much you can do at this stage but only wait for the outcome.
I can only hope that the outcome is posituvw

MariaMagdalena
Newly Registered
India

Post by MariaMagdalena » Wed Jul 24, 2024 11:08 am

The UKVI have now asked me to provide work or study evidence since my graduation in December 2021.

This

Please provide the following documents:

*Study / work evidence since completing your degree December 2021

Official, verifiable documents to demonstrate what you have been doing since your graduation in 2021.

This should be in English or a certified translation and for example be in the form of: Payslips / employment letters with contact details on them / bank statements with regular salary being deposited / employment contracts / further education certificates and should not just be a CV.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Thu Jul 25, 2024 3:14 am

MariaMagdalena wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2024 11:08 am
The UKVI have now asked me to provide work or study evidence since my graduation in December 2021.

This

Please provide the following documents:

*Study / work evidence since completing your degree December 2021

Official, verifiable documents to demonstrate what you have been doing since your graduation in 2021.

This should be in English or a certified translation and for example be in the form of: Payslips / employment letters with contact details on them / bank statements with regular salary being deposited / employment contracts / further education certificates and should not just be a CV.
Provide what was requested. You got various sources of acceptable evidence.