ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Please Help: Received decision pending mail from UKVI on dependent visa application

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

venkatk10
Newly Registered
India

Please Help: Received decision pending mail from UKVI on dependent visa application

Post by venkatk10 » Sun Jul 21, 2024 7:01 pm

Hi Everyone,

I have recently submitted dependent visa application for my son, and then i received the below mail from home office. I am really not sure with whom i need to check, is it something i need to check with my employer or as i am the sponsor for my son do i need to provide any additional information/documents? if so, with whom i need to connect.

"We are unable to conclude the application at this time as we require additional information to conclude your sponsor’s visa application.
I am sorry for the delay in dealing with your application and for the inconvenience this is causing.
Please be assured that we are doing all we can to make a decision on your case as quickly as possible.
Please note, it may not be possible to make a decision within service standard in this instance."

Thanks,

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Please Help: Received decision pending mail from UKVI on dependent visa application

Post by CR001 » Sun Jul 21, 2024 7:17 pm

Have you also applied for a dependent visa?

Has your wife's extension application been applied for and processed?

You keep posting in different places and different questions, making it difficult to understand the exact circumstances!!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

venkatk10
Newly Registered
India

Re: Please Help: Received decision pending mail from UKVI on dependent visa application

Post by venkatk10 » Sun Jul 21, 2024 7:33 pm

Hi,

Sorry for the confusion,

initially my son is dependent on me and my job got impacted and now he is switching from my dependency to my wife dependent and she is holding skilled worker visa valid till Nov 2024.
Her extension will raised on October/november by her company.

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Jul 21, 2024 8:04 pm

If you are not also applying for a dependent visa, the child will not get a visa that expires after your visa, which I believe is August 2024. This is clearly stated in the immigration rules, a child's visa will expireat on the same date as the parents whose visa expires first.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

venkatk10
Newly Registered
India

Post by venkatk10 » Sun Jul 21, 2024 9:11 pm

Thanks for your reply, but it is really confusing.

As wife is on her individual skilled worker visa and she is also legal parent, can't my son be transferred to her dependent irrespective of my visa? her name is also present in my son passport and birth certificate too.

Thanks,
Name deleted by moderator

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Jul 21, 2024 9:15 pm

Yes, the child can change to her dependent, but the visa will expire the same date as yours as stated in the immigration rules, ie the parent whose visa expires first or the earliest. This is if you are not applying for a dependent visa at the same time as the child.

So if a new dependent visa is granted, it will expire on the same date as the last dependent visa rhe child had/has, the date your current visa expires.

You cannot change that and ukvi will only follow the rules, they do not have discretion to do anything different.

Also, can you please stop posting your full name in every post!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)

venkatk10
Newly Registered
India

Post by venkatk10 » Sun Jul 21, 2024 9:22 pm

Ok, Can i apply to dependent visa now on priority and will that work?

Thanks.