ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

June 2024 Citizenship Ceremonies naturalisation certificates

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

User20123
Mood:
Ireland

Re: June 2024 Citizenship Ceremonies naturalisation certificates

Post by User20123 » Fri Jul 19, 2024 8:55 am

I would agree with Leo on this

User20123
Mood:
Ireland

Post by User20123 » Fri Jul 19, 2024 9:32 am

Take-me-home wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2024 7:25 pm
This is the exact reply:

You will receive your certificate of Naturalisation in the next 2 weeks

Regards
Citizenship
I hope so :shock:

antoforeign
Newly Registered
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by antoforeign » Fri Jul 19, 2024 9:56 am

Usually coming weeks mean 2 weeks or so give or take.

This is based on my experience dealing with the the department

cdn16
Newly Registered
India

Post by cdn16 » Tue Jul 23, 2024 1:03 pm

I had raised a query a while ago with my TD regarding renewal of IRP after attending the ceremony. Today I received a response from the Minister and it hinted about the tentative date of receiving the certificates!

Here's the full response from the Ministry:

Dear <TD's name>,

Thank you for your correspondence to the Minister of Justice, Ms. Helen McEntee T.D. on behalf of [cdn16]. I am responding to you on behalf of the Minister.

Firstly, I wish to congratulate [cdn16] again on their Irish Citizenship. I appreciate receiving your Certificate of Naturalisation is important to them.

I can advise you that posting of certificates will begin this week. Please note all certificates are issued by registered post and will require a signature on delivery for the security of the document.

Over 10,000 people were naturalised at Citizenship Ceremonies held in June 2024. The Citizenship Division aim to print and post each Certificate of Naturalisation as soon as possible. However, as you can appreciate, due to the volume of citizens we expect it may take a few weeks for all certificates to be posted.

Finally, once [cdn16] attended the Ceremony and gave their Oath of Allegiance to the State, there is no need to renew their immigration permission whilst they await their Certificate.

[cdn16]'s ongoing patience is greatly appreciated.

I trust this is of assistance.

Yours sincerely,
Xxxxx
Private Secretary to the
Minister for Justice

Hopefully, this means by next week, we should start seeing people receiving their certs... :D

User20123
Mood:
Ireland

Post by User20123 » Tue Jul 23, 2024 3:03 pm

cdn16 wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2024 1:03 pm
I had raised a query a while ago with my TD regarding renewal of IRP after attending the ceremony. Today I received a response from the Minister and it hinted about the tentative date of receiving the certificates!

Here's the full response from the Ministry:

Dear <TD's name>,

Thank you for your correspondence to the Minister of Justice, Ms. Helen McEntee T.D. on behalf of [cdn16]. I am responding to you on behalf of the Minister.

Firstly, I wish to congratulate [cdn16] again on their Irish Citizenship. I appreciate receiving your Certificate of Naturalisation is important to them.

I can advise you that posting of certificates will begin this week. Please note all certificates are issued by registered post and will require a signature on delivery for the security of the document.

Over 10,000 people were naturalised at Citizenship Ceremonies held in June 2024. The Citizenship Division aim to print and post each Certificate of Naturalisation as soon as possible. However, as you can appreciate, due to the volume of citizens we expect it may take a few weeks for all certificates to be posted.

Finally, once [cdn16] attended the Ceremony and gave their Oath of Allegiance to the State, there is no need to renew their immigration permission whilst they await their Certificate.

[cdn16]'s ongoing patience is greatly appreciated.

I trust this is of assistance.

Yours sincerely,
Xxxxx
Private Secretary to the
Minister for Justice

Hopefully, this means by next week, we should start seeing people receiving their certs... :D
Thanks so much for sharing this. I am hoping next week we would all have it :)

antoforeign
Newly Registered
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by antoforeign » Tue Jul 23, 2024 3:11 pm

That’s great news. I hope you alll get your documents ready when it comes so you can be among the first to get passport lol.

Caldeira86
Newly Registered
Italy

Post by Caldeira86 » Wed Jul 24, 2024 9:35 pm

I attended the cerimony on 10th June in Killarney. I am now waiting since almost 7 weeks. Please let me understand why is taking so long. I don't even understand if there is any documentation missing.

munnema
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by munnema » Wed Jul 24, 2024 10:25 pm

I was June 10th too. Just over 6 weeks. Ridiculous.

peace23
Ireland

Post by peace23 » Wed Jul 24, 2024 11:53 pm

Probably their printer ran out of ink!!!

Helen1964
United Kingdom

Post by Helen1964 » Fri Jul 26, 2024 5:07 pm

Out of interest, anyone in Northern Ireland out there?
We’re in France but my husband’s certificate is being delivered to my old ma’s address, c/o.
I don’t suppose she’ll hear the bell if the postman comes looking for a signature.
In which case presumably there’ll be a slip of paper, telling her to collect it from a post office.
Can you let me know if you receive your certificate, just so I can galvanise her into action?
Thanks!

inek
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by inek » Fri Jul 26, 2024 11:38 pm

Helen1964 wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2024 5:07 pm
Out of interest, anyone in Northern Ireland out there?
We’re in France but my husband’s certificate is being delivered to my old ma’s address, c/o.
I don’t suppose she’ll hear the bell if the postman comes looking for a signature.
In which case presumably there’ll be a slip of paper, telling her to collect it from a post office.
Can you let me know if you receive your certificate, just so I can galvanise her into action?
Thanks!
I'm in NI - will post when I receive mine.

Helen1964
United Kingdom

Post by Helen1964 » Sat Jul 27, 2024 1:58 pm

Thank you Inek. That’s very kind.

Caldeira86
Newly Registered
Italy

Post by Caldeira86 » Sun Jul 28, 2024 12:52 pm

Do the postman need a signature for the delivery of the certificate?
What happens if the postman arrive and I am not home?
Can not just eave a letter so I can sign it and collect the certificate in the post office?

Vadrar
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by Vadrar » Sun Jul 28, 2024 12:59 pm

Caldeira86 wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2024 12:52 pm
Can not just eave a letter so I can sign it and collect the certificate in the post office?
Immigration send it registered post so it should require a signature, but it completely depends on what your postman chooses to do. If you aren’t in. They’ll either leave the letter or a note to say they missed you and to pick it up from post office. If you haven’t picked up within 3 days they return it to Immigrarion and you’ll need to chase it from them.

rovertom
Newly Registered
Mood:
Hong Kong

Post by rovertom » Mon Jul 29, 2024 11:20 am

I did reach out to a couple of TDs and have been told they’ll raise this with the department and reach out.

I would recommend, everyone should find there TDs and send them email to get more help in this.

I will update here once I get a response.

Caldeira86
Newly Registered
Italy

Post by Caldeira86 » Mon Jul 29, 2024 11:38 am

Vadrar wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2024 12:59 pm
Caldeira86 wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2024 12:52 pm
Immigration send it registered post so it should require a signature, but it completely depends on what your postman chooses to do. If you aren’t in. They’ll either leave the letter or a note to say they missed you and to pick it up from post office. If you haven’t picked up within 3 days they return it to Immigrarion and you’ll need to chase it from them.
Thank you so much [/quote]

You_must_be_Joking
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by You_must_be_Joking » Tue Jul 30, 2024 2:21 pm

I've registered just for this topic.

Does anybody know if this "printing outsourced" thing is happening for the first time?

People from the previous ceremony started to get the certificates approximately 35 working days post ceremony.

However, it's been over 35 working days now and no certificate yet.

Which means, if it's the first time for the third party, that the the whole outsourcing thing is performing poorer than the gov. itself which is absolutely typical for Ireland.

Leo99
Ireland

Post by Leo99 » Tue Jul 30, 2024 2:43 pm

You_must_be_Joking wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2024 2:21 pm
I've registered just for this topic.

Does anybody know if this "printing outsourced" thing is happening for the first time?

People from the previous ceremony started to get the certificates approximately 35 working days post ceremony.

However, it's been over 35 working days now and no certificate yet.

Which means, if it's the first time for the third party, that the the whole outsourcing thing is performing poorer than the gov. itself which is absolutely typical for Ireland.
Not sure where you got the 35 days from? February ceremony people only got it on may 9th.

You_must_be_Joking
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by You_must_be_Joking » Tue Jul 30, 2024 3:28 pm

Yea, my bad, I don't know how I managed to calculate that way, guess I'm losing my mind.

Yet, I still think there's no improvement in efficiency.

Even my wrongly calculated 35 working days after the ceremony is an absolute disgrace.

rovertom
Newly Registered
Mood:
Hong Kong

Post by rovertom » Wed Jul 31, 2024 11:53 am

Below is the response from my TD:

“ Thank you for your email and congratulations on your citizenship. I know there is a significant backlog on the issuing of naturalisation certificates, and we have dealt with similar cases of people experiencing a delay in receiving their certificates following their citizenship ceremony.

I will reach out to the Dept. of Justice on your case to see if we can get an update on it.”

peace23
Ireland

Post by peace23 » Wed Jul 31, 2024 12:30 pm

They should introduce alternative to the current paper Citizenship certificates , otherwise the delay and the possibility of certs being lost or delivered to a wrong address will remain.

Canada started issuing electronic citizenship certificates on
January , 2023
https://www.immigration.ca/new-electron ... by-canada/

Vadrar
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by Vadrar » Wed Jul 31, 2024 1:38 pm

peace23 wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2024 12:30 pm
They should introduce alternative to the current paper Citizenship certificates , otherwise the delay and the possibility of certs being lost or delivered to a wrong address will remain.

Canada started issuing electronic citizenship certificates on
January , 2023
https://www.immigration.ca/new-electron ... by-canada/
Yeah; this is the no-brainer evolution on certs. It’s been suggested to the department multiple times including by Ministerial peers. They’ve made off the record noises about the transition. I think they are just deep underwater on managing even BAU processes; process innovation is a real stretch for them. But I’m hopeful we will see digital certs at some point.

antoforeign
Newly Registered
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by antoforeign » Wed Jul 31, 2024 9:53 pm

Good day, after doing some research

Thank you for your correspondence to the Minister of Justice, Ms. Helen McEntee T.D. I am responding to you on behalf of the Minister.
Firstly, congratulations again on your Irish Citizenship. I appreciate receiving your Certificate of Naturalisation is important to you.
I can advise you that posting of certificates has begun already. Please note all certificates are issued by registered post and will require a signature on delivery for the security of the document.
Over 10,000 people were naturalised at
Citizenship Ceremonies held June 2024. The Citizenship Division aim to print and post each Certificate of Naturalisation as soon as possible.
However, as you can appreciate, due to the volume of citizens it is expected that it may take a few weeks for all certificates to be posted.

Leo99
Ireland

Post by Leo99 » Thu Aug 01, 2024 8:42 am

antoforeign wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2024 9:53 pm

Thank you for your correspondence to the Minister of Justice, Ms. Helen McEntee T.D. I am responding to you on behalf of the Minister.
Firstly, congratulations again on your Irish Citizenship. I appreciate receiving your Certificate of Naturalisation is important to you.
I can advise you that posting of certificates has begun already. Please note all certificates are issued by registered post and will require a signature on delivery for the security of the document.
Citizenship Ceremonies held June 2024. The Citizenship Division aim to print and post each Certificate of Naturalisation as soon as possible.
However, as you can appreciate, due to the volume of citizens it is expected that it may take a few weeks for all certificates to be posted.
Which means another month. Seems like they are printing 100 a day. Lol

lucidj
Mood:
Ireland

Post by lucidj » Fri Aug 02, 2024 12:13 pm

antoforeign wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2024 9:53 pm

"Has already begun"... as far as I know no one has received it yet.