ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Indian Passport no surname British passport Granted

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

asingh42
United Kingdom

Indian Passport no surname British passport Granted

Post by asingh42 » Wed Jul 24, 2024 8:27 am

Hi guys,

My wife has successfully obtained her British passport with correct forename and surname.

I am writing this so it may help some others in the situation where on their non British passport they have only Given Name and no surname.

I first did a surrender passport application online on indian consulate website. I printed this to be sent with the documents to British passport office.

Also wrote a cover letter explaining that since my wife had obtained British citizenship, she can no longer render the services of Indian embassy, hence could not change her name on the Indian passport.

This was it, the passport arrived within a week.

lifelonger
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Indian Passport no surname British passport Granted

Post by lifelonger » Wed Jul 24, 2024 12:42 pm

Wow did you not have to execute a deed poll? I've been told I need to

P.S. really appreciate you sharing with us, thank you!

asingh42
United Kingdom

Post by asingh42 » Fri Jul 26, 2024 8:19 am

lifelonger wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2024 12:42 pm
Wow did you not have to execute a deed poll? I've been told I need to

P.S. really appreciate you sharing with us, thank you!
Yh no deed poll, I will post the cover letter I wrote later today so you can prepare one yourself. I think there is a rule where if you prove constraints in having your name corrected on the old passport then they have to issue you the British passport in the name you give on application. As you are unable to use Indian passport services once you get British Citizenship is a constraint.

lifelonger
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by lifelonger » Thu Aug 01, 2024 9:15 pm

Please do share, that'd be really helpful. I'm submitting my application tomorrow