ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MN1-Section 3C

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

DKV
India

MN1-Section 3C

Post by DKV » Wed Jul 24, 2024 10:24 am

Morning everyone. I have few queries about the MN1 application.

One of my friend's son was born in the UK in 2022 when both parents were on Tier 2 but this year both parents have acquired ILR. Their son has an Indian passport and has a tier 2 dependent visa valid until 20/Aug/2024.

They are currently in the UK so they will be applying for MN1 in the UK.

My questions are as below-
  • Can MN1 be applied before the current leave expires?
  • If they apply MN1 this week, it is unlikely to be approved by 20/Aug/2024 so will their son be covered under section 3C of immigration until the MN1 decision is made?
  • Can MN1 be applied online or does it have to be a paper application?
Many thanks,

DKV

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Re: MN1-Section 3C

Post by contorted_svy » Wed Jul 24, 2024 10:57 am

DKV wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2024 10:24 am
Morning everyone. I have few queries about the MN1 application.

One of my friend's son was born in the UK in 2022 when both parents were on Tier 2 but this year both parents have acquired ILR. Their son has an Indian passport and has a tier 2 dependent visa valid until 20/Aug/2024.

They are currently in the UK so they will be applying for MN1 in the UK.

My questions are as below-
  • Can MN1 be applied before the current leave expires?
  • If they apply MN1 this week, it is unlikely to be approved by 20/Aug/2024 so will their son be covered under section 3C of immigration until the MN1 decision is made?
No, the parents will need to arrange private medical insurance
  • Can MN1 be applied online or does it have to be a paper application? There is an online form they can use
Many thanks,

DKV
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.

DKV
India

Post by DKV » Wed Jul 24, 2024 11:05 am

Hi contorted_svy,

Thanks for your reply. Will his leave continue until the decision is made or do they see this as a break in his leave if MN1 is applied?

Usually with other visa applications, applicants are covered under 3c (if an application is made in time) until a decision is made but my question was more for MN1 application.

Many thanks,
DKV

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Wed Jul 24, 2024 11:12 am

Registration isn't an immigration application therefore section 3c does not apply. A break in leave for children isn't seen as a dealbreaker as far as all the requirements are met for registration. Other members may give further input.
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.