ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Skilled Worker Visa Dependent - extension

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

procastrinoma
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Skilled Worker Visa Dependent - extension

Post by procastrinoma » Wed Jul 24, 2024 5:11 pm

Hi folks

I am currently in the process of applying for my ILR SET(O), which was via Tier 2 SWV (since 2019 under the SOC code 2211 which at the time was under the "Shortage Occupation List"). My wife came in as a dependent of this initial visa.

I have continued the same visa under a different employer as a Skilled Worker Visa to this date and my wife had hers extended at that time too, at which time it was called just the SWV.

I intend to apply for an extension for my dependent right after my ILR application, as that is when our BRPs expire. The extension will be as a dependent of SWV using the application reference code I receive after applying for the ILR.

Does she have to pay for her IHS fee for this, given that my SOC code should ideally fall under the new Health and Care Worker visa, but this is all the same visa category with different/new names?

Many thanks
p