ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Skilled Worker Dependent Application Queries

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

midhun3197
India

Skilled Worker Dependent Application Queries

Post by midhun3197 » Wed Jul 24, 2024 6:41 pm

Hi,

I have a few quick queries:

For the question asking if the main applicant already has their Skilled Worker permission, I answered "NO" because I have applied with them for an extension and they have not received a decision yet, although their current permission is a Skilled Worker visa.

My passport has my full name in the given name field, but I entered my first name in the given name field and my last name in the surname field on the application. The full name is the same as in my passport, but I split it into two fields. Will this be a problem?

I saw a question about a Family Linking Code in the main applicant's application, and I answered "YES" to the question asking if anybody would come to the UK to join the applicant, even though the dependant is already in the UK. Does this cause any concern? Is this relevant in any way since I have provided the UAN to link the application?

Thanks.

vinny

Re: Skilled Worker Dependent Application Queries

Post by vinny » Thu Jul 25, 2024 1:02 am

If their current category is a Skilled worker, then I think you should have answered “YES” to the question “main applicant already has their Skilled Worker permission”.

See also Given name.

I’m guessing answering “YES” to the family linking code is okay as you have provided a UAN.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

midhun3197
India

Re: Skilled Worker Dependent Application Queries

Post by midhun3197 » Thu Jul 25, 2024 9:56 am

vinny wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2024 1:02 am
If their current category is a Skilled worker, then I think you should have answered “YES” to the question “main applicant already has their Skilled Worker permission”.

See also Given name.

I’m guessing answering “YES” to the family linking code is okay as you have provided a UAN.
Do you think it will cause any issues, given that it should already be clear that the main applicant has permission to stay currently? I am not sure if you have seen this happen before. Since this question was asked right after the question where they asked in what category the main applicant has applied for, I thought it might be about the application in process.