ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Issue with eVisa Linking for Dependant Visa – Seeking Advice

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

themalern
Newly Registered
Philippines

Issue with eVisa Linking for Dependant Visa – Seeking Advice

Post by themalern » Sat Jul 27, 2024 8:54 pm

Hello everyone,

I am currently facing a perplexing issue regarding the transition from physical BRP cards to the new eVisa system and would greatly appreciate any insights or advice from the community.

Background:
I am a nurse in the UK, holding a Skilled Worker Visa, with my wife and son on Dependant Visas. All our visas are valid until October 9, 2025. The UK government has announced that all physical BRP cards will be phased out by December 12, 2024, in favor of eVisas. Our visas are meant to transition as follows by 2025: I will shift to an Indefinite Leave to Remain, my son will transition to British citizenship through naturalization, and my wife will extend her Dependant Visa.

Current Issue:
I received an email from the Home Office inviting me to link my eVisa to my UKVI account, which I did successfully. However, my son and wife did not receive such emails. Out of curiosity and proactive measure, I created UKVI accounts for both and attempted to link their eVisas. Surprisingly, I was able to link my son's eVisa successfully despite him not receiving an invitation email. Unfortunately, when attempting to link my wife’s eVisa, I encountered an error stating, “BRP does not match our records.”

Screenshot:
https://imgur.com/a/Rmr9h3X

Concerns:

This situation is confusing because:

1. My son, who also didn't receive an invitation email, had his eVisa linked without any issues.
2. My wife’s information seems not to match the records, preventing us from linking her eVisa.

Questions for the Forum:

1. Has anyone experienced similar issues with linking eVisas, especially for dependants?
2. What steps did you take to resolve discrepancies or errors in the eVisa system?
3. Are there specific points of contact or procedures within the UKVI that expedite resolutions in such cases?

Any shared experiences or advice would be greatly helpful as we navigate these changes. I am particularly eager to ensure all legal and immigration processes are correctly managed for my family’s stability in the UK.

Thank you in advance for your assistance and looking forward to any guidance you can provide.

Best regards,
John

themalern
Newly Registered
Philippines

Re: Issue with eVisa Linking for Dependant Visa – Seeking Advice

Post by themalern » Sat Jul 27, 2024 9:59 pm

themalern wrote:
Sat Jul 27, 2024 8:54 pm
Hello everyone,

I am currently facing a perplexing issue regarding the transition from physical BRP cards to the new eVisa system and would greatly appreciate any insights or advice from the community.

Background:
I am a nurse in the UK, holding a Skilled Worker Visa, with my wife and son on Dependant Visas. All our visas are valid until October 9, 2025. The UK government has announced that all physical BRP cards will be phased out by December 31, 2024, in favor of eVisas. Our visas are meant to transition as follows by 2025: I will shift to an Indefinite Leave to Remain, my son will transition to British citizenship through naturalization, and my wife will extend her Dependant Visa.

Current Issue:
I received an email from the Home Office inviting me to link my eVisa to my UKVI account, which I did successfully. However, my son and wife did not receive such emails. Out of curiosity and proactive measure, I created UKVI accounts for both and attempted to link their eVisas. Surprisingly, I was able to link my son's eVisa successfully despite him not receiving an invitation email. Unfortunately, when attempting to link my wife’s eVisa, I encountered an error stating, “BRP does not match our records.”

Screenshot:
https://imgur.com/a/Rmr9h3X

Concerns:

This situation is confusing because:

1. My son, who also didn't receive an invitation email, had his eVisa linked without any issues.
2. My wife’s information seems not to match the records, preventing us from linking her eVisa.

Questions for the Forum:

1. Has anyone experienced similar issues with linking eVisas, especially for dependants?
2. What steps did you take to resolve discrepancies or errors in the eVisa system?
3. Are there specific points of contact or procedures within the UKVI that expedite resolutions in such cases?

Any shared experiences or advice would be greatly helpful as we navigate these changes. I am particularly eager to ensure all legal and immigration processes are correctly managed for my family’s stability in the UK.

Thank you in advance for your assistance and looking forward to any guidance you can provide.

Best regards,
John
Made some edits on the date on my previous post.

themalern
Newly Registered
Philippines

Re: Issue with eVisa Linking for Dependant Visa – Seeking Advice

Post by themalern » Tue Jul 30, 2024 8:04 am

up for this