ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help for answers when extending Wife Global Talent Dependent Visa

Only for the Global Talent visa, formerly known as Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

salman_ali94
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Which type of visa for dependent?

Post by salman_ali94 » Thu Jul 25, 2024 11:54 am

Hi all,

I was on Global Talent Visa and have applied for ILR since my 3 years were completed this year. My wife was on dependent Visa for the time. Now, my wife's visa is expiring in end of August and I've read on other topics on this forum that it is okay to apply for her visa while I'm waiting for my ILR decision, is this correct?

Also, I'm a bit confused as to what visa category or type do I have to apply for her? She is in the UK for the past 3 years as well and so how much long visa do I have to or "can I" apply for her?

If anybody can provide the link for the visa type to apply then it would be greatly appreciated.

Please help out.

Thanks
Regards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Which type of visa for dependent?

Post by CR001 » Thu Jul 25, 2024 1:01 pm

She applies for a 3 years extension as a gtv dependent visa holder if that is the visa category she holds.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

salman_ali94
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Help for answers when extending Wife Global Talent Dependent Visa

Post by salman_ali94 » Mon Jul 29, 2024 11:26 am

Hi,

I have Global Talent Visa and have already applied for ILR and still awaiting my decision. My wife was with me on Global Talent Dependent Visa and her visa will expire next month so I'm applying for her GVT dependent extension (as advised in other topic I posted the other day).

Can you please help me answer the following?

1. In the section, "The Person You are Joining or Accompanying" it asks for Home Office Reference Number. Should I enter my ILR Application Unique Reference Number?

2. When I reach the IHS stage of her Application it asks for the type of VISA for husband. And in the drop down menu it does not say ILR or Pending Application. It says FLR(O), FLR, FLR(IR) something like this. Other than this I can see Global Talent, Skilled Worker etc. What should I select?

3. During the application, it also asked for Husband Visa expiration date, which is the same as my wife (30 August) but during the application nowhere it said about ILR or ILR application pending, so how would my wife get 3 years visa extension?

FYI. My wife has been in the UK for 2 years and 8 months already on dependent visa on Global Talent Dependent Visa.

Please help.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Help for answers when extending Wife Global Talent Dependent Visa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jul 29, 2024 11:47 am

Please keep all your questions about the same application in one topic, this one, now merged.

1. Fine.

2. Global talent.

3. You need to out a date 3 years in the future.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

salman_ali94
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by salman_ali94 » Mon Jul 29, 2024 10:55 pm

Hi,

I was just finishing up the application and I went to the IHS website and it asked me for an estimation of the main applicant's visa expiry date and it said that the applicants who are applying for further permission to stay should add an estimation of expiry date.

Since my husband's visa expires on the same day as mine (30 Aug 2024) and his ILR application result is still pending so should I add the expiry date as 3 years from the date of application? Because I add 3 years and 5 months just for safety and it was showing me that I need to pay £3662 but 3 years IHS fees should be £3105 so the expiry date estimation should be 3 years from the date of expiration?

Thanks alot for your help.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jul 30, 2024 9:19 am

3 years only!
Char (CR001 not Casa)