ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalization process for ILR holder (via Tier 2 Dependent VISA)

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mmoeed
Pakistan

Post by mmoeed » Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:36 pm

Hi all,

My Mrs. has had ILR since March 2023. We want to apply for her naturalization (a British passport). Could you please point me in the right direction to access the correct "form" for the naturalization application?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
M.

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Naturalization process for ILR holder (via Tier 2 Dependent VISA)

Post by alterhase58 » Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:37 pm

mmoeed wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:36 pm
Hi all,

My Mrs. has had ILR since March 2023. We want to apply for her naturalization (a British passport). Could you please point me in the right direction to access the correct "form" for the naturalization application?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
M.
There's only one form "AN" - online link:
https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... 1697705242
Don't forget to read the guidance!
https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... n-guidance
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:29 pm

mmoeed wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:36 pm
Hi all,

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
M.
Please note that naturalisation and passport are two separate applications - will need to receive a positive outcome for naturalisation and attend the ceremony to be able to apply for a passport.
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.

mmoeed
Pakistan

Post by mmoeed » Mon Jul 29, 2024 12:09 pm

Hi everyone,

I am in the process of completing my Mrs. application for Naturalization, and I have some questions regarding documentation.

Question 1: I need to provide a certificate proving that I have a B1 level or higher qualification in English speaking and listening. I passed the Trinity College B1 exam at the time of my ILR application. Although I can't find the physical certificate, I do have the reference number. Can you please advise me on what to do in this situation?

Question 2: I need to provide proof of living in the UK for the past 3 years. I hold a British Passport and have travelled on the following dates:
- UK exit: 16/04/2022; UK entry: 30/04/2022 (15 days)
- UK exit: 06/08/2022; UK entry: 26/08/2022 (21 days)
- UK exit: 30/03/2023; UK entry: 25/04/2023 (27 days)
- UK exit: 28/07/2023; UK entry: 29/08/2023 (33 days)
I also have my P60s for the Tax years to 5 April 2022, to 5 April 2023, and to 5 April 2024. Would this be enough to prove that I have resided in the UK for the last 3 years of residency (starting from 29th July, 2021)?

Question 3: For proof of Marriage/Civil partnership, should I provide a physical photocopy of my passport (all pages) at the time of the Biometrics appointment, or do I need to post all these documents?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards,
M.

Moderator edit : Attachments deleted. Please do not post attachments without blacking out all names and personal details.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Mon Jul 29, 2024 12:31 pm

Wife is the applicant not you.
Naturalisation is an individual application.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jul 29, 2024 12:34 pm

Q1. For your wife, her B1 test. When did she get ILR?

Q2. It is your wife's travel and passport that is relevant. Not yours if you hold a British passport. Nothing extra is needed except her stamped passport pages.

Q3. You need marriage certificate.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

mmoeed
Pakistan

Post by mmoeed » Mon Jul 29, 2024 1:38 pm

Hi CR001,

Thanks for your swift response.
CR001 wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2024 12:34 pm
Q1. For your wife, her B1 test. When did she get ILR? She got her ILR/BRP in March 2023

Q2. It is your wife's travel and passport that is relevant. Not yours if you hold a British passport. Nothing extra is needed except her stamped passport pages. It was my Mrs.'s travel history, so I do not have to provide her P60s, only photo copy of her stamped passport pages ? Please confirm.

Q3. You need marriage certificate. Does she need to submit a copy of our marriage certificate, or does she need to present the original marriage certificate at the time of her biometric appointment?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jul 29, 2024 1:48 pm

Q2.correct.

Q3. All scanned digital copies. No originals are handed over or posted. The biometrics appointment is is a third party agent only for identity check and biometrics enrolment. They are not ukvi staff.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

mmoeed
Pakistan

Post by mmoeed » Mon Jul 29, 2024 2:07 pm

Once again thanks for your swift response, CR001.

I am still waiting a response on question 1 (English Certificate in missing),

Q1. For your wife, her B1 test. When did she get ILR? She got her ILR/BRP in March 2023

What is the solution to this problem, or best course of action, please.

Thanks in advance for looking into this matter for me.

Regards,
Moeed

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jul 29, 2024 2:08 pm

She uses the same ref number in the online form for B1.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

mmoeed
Pakistan

Post by mmoeed » Mon Jul 29, 2024 2:22 pm

CR001 wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2024 2:08 pm
She uses the same ref number in the online form for B1. They ask to provide a document. We have the certificate/test number (received via email) which I already entered during the application. Could you please confirm that there is no need to attach the physical certificate of the B1 test ?

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Mon Jul 29, 2024 2:49 pm

URN is enough as you don't have a physical certificate. Just say you will provide the URN.
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.

mmoeed
Pakistan

Post by mmoeed » Thu Aug 01, 2024 1:01 pm

contorted_svy wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2024 2:49 pm
URN is enough as you don't have a physical certificate. Just say you will provide the URN.
Thanks, everyone for your valuable advice. The application is submitted and the BRP appointment is booked. Let's hope for the best.

Best regards,
Moeed