ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa for Child born outside the UK

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

lonvishz
Newly Registered
India

Visa for Child born outside the UK

Post by lonvishz » Mon Jul 29, 2024 5:19 pm

Hi All, I am looking for advise on how to bring my child who will be born in oct 2024 to UK, Both me and my wife have ILR in UK. I will be travelling to India for 98 days where my child will be born. So I will loose the ability to apply for citizenship because i will be outside the UK for more than 90 days in this year. I have already been outside UK for 20 days outside the UK this year. We both got ILR in August 2023. Looking for advice on what is the best route to bring the new born baby to UK, what would be the visa fees and IHS charges if applicable.

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Re: Visa for Child born outside the UK

Post by contorted_svy » Mon Jul 29, 2024 5:21 pm

You can still apply for citizenship if your absences in the last 5 years you had less than 450 days of absence. I realise it may be a tall order but if you can bring wife to give birth to the UK your child will be born a British citizen so no need for a visa. If this can't be accommodated you need to ask in the subforum about visas, not here.
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.

lonvishz
Newly Registered
India

Post by lonvishz » Mon Jul 29, 2024 5:36 pm

Hi Thanks a lot for your reply. Also assuming i have applied for Citizenship and its in progress, can i still register for citizenship for my child using the MN1 form ?

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Mon Jul 29, 2024 5:54 pm

The two applications are independent provided you both meet the relevant requirements.
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.

lonvishz
Newly Registered
India

Post by lonvishz » Mon Jul 29, 2024 9:00 pm

Well my question is if my citizenship application is in progress when child is born outside uk and my wife is having ILR then can i apply to register for British citizenship for the child for bringing him / her to the UK ?

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Mon Jul 29, 2024 9:19 pm

Citizenship applications form abroad can take a very long time to get processed notoriously.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jul 30, 2024 9:23 am

lonvishz wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2024 9:00 pm
Well my question is if my citizenship application is in progress when child is born outside uk and my wife is having ILR then can i apply to register for British citizenship for the child for bringing him / her to the UK ?
You can't do this. They child has no claim or entitlement to apply for citizenship if you and your wife hold ilr. Your citizenship application being in progress is completely irrelevant.

You have to apply for a child settlement visa for the child.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

lonvishz
Newly Registered
India

Post by lonvishz » Tue Jul 30, 2024 1:11 pm

Thank you. Child Settlement visa means ILR for child ? so i have to pay the ILR fees right ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jul 30, 2024 1:15 pm

Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.