ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Citizenship for UK & Non UK Born Child

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

chandran_geek
Newly Registered
India

British Citizenship for UK & Non UK Born Child

Post by chandran_geek » Tue Jul 30, 2024 2:22 pm

Dears,

I have been in confusion reading the posts and documents related to British citizen for kids born inside and outside UK.

I would be applying ILR on 10 years route on Aug/2025, my partner joined me in UK at 2016, she is having dependent visa valid till dec/2026 and we have two kids who also has visa valid till dec/2026.

First kid born in India and came to UK on 2016, staying with me in UK last 7 years lawfully on dependent visa and has the visa valid till dec/2026.
Second kid born in UK at 2021, we have got the Indian passport for second kid and also dependent visa till dec/2026.

so my question is, would both my kids can be registered for British citizen after i get the ILR status after aug/2024 or do i need to apply for ILR for kids as well?

Also for my partner can be included for ILR on aug/2025? or does she needs to apply spouse visa till she completes 10 year in UK?

Kind Regards,
C

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: British Citizenship for UK & Non UK Born Child

Post by CR001 » Tue Jul 30, 2024 2:35 pm

so my question is, would both my kids can be registered for British citizen after i get the ILR status after aug/2024 or do i need to apply for ILR for kids as well?
Once you get ILR, you can register the UK born child as British under section 1(3), which is an entitlement to register. The child born abroad will follow the same path as your partner, ILR and only then British citizenship.
Also for my partner can be included for ILR on aug/2025? or does she needs to apply spouse visa till she completes 10 year in UK?
Please ask your partner ILR questions in your existing ILR topic you already have. ILR questions are NOT relevant to this topic or the British Citizenship sub forum!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

chandran_geek
Newly Registered
India

Post by chandran_geek » Tue Jul 30, 2024 5:10 pm

Thanks CR001 its very helpful. sure i will separate out the partner ILR question to relevant forum.
i have another query, as my partner is not going to have settled status by the time 2025 and would it impact registering the UK born child as british after my ILR?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jul 30, 2024 5:15 pm

chandran_geek wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2024 5:10 pm
i have another query, as my partner is not going to have settled status by the time 2025 and would it impact registering the UK born child as british after my ILR?
No issue. A UK born child has an entitlement to register as British once EITHER parent gets ILR.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

chandran_geek
Newly Registered
India

Post by chandran_geek » Tue Jul 30, 2024 5:51 pm

Thanks CR001, its very clear now.
Thanks again for providing valuable information.