ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Dependent Extension

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Parveenkumar7
Newly Registered
India

Tier 1 Dependent Extension

Post by Parveenkumar7 » Tue Jul 30, 2024 6:37 pm

Hi Everyone,

I have British Passport now, however, my Partner is still on Tier 1 Dependent, although she has been a dependent for 5 years, we are unable to apply for ILR as my wife has not appeared for Life in the UK test.

How do we extend her stay? Specific question is what to enter as Sponsor visa expiry as if I enter my Passport expiry date, we are asked to pay 10 years of IHS over 10K, please advise

marcnath
United Kingdom

Re: Tier 1 Dependent Extension

Post by marcnath » Wed Jul 31, 2024 9:23 pm

Parveenkumar7 wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2024 6:37 pm
Hi Everyone,

I have British Passport now, however, my Partner is still on Tier 1 Dependent, although she has been a dependent for 5 years, we are unable to apply for ILR as my wife has not appeared for Life in the UK test.

How do we extend her stay? Specific question is what to enter as Sponsor visa expiry as if I enter my Passport expiry date, we are asked to pay 10 years of IHS over 10K, please advise
You would extend it as a Tier 1 Dependent. Extensions are for a fixed three years, so for IHS just enter a date approximately three years away.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

Parveenkumar7
Newly Registered
India

Post by Parveenkumar7 » Thu Aug 01, 2024 2:06 pm

Is there any guidance from home office supporting this what I dont want is get a rejection/delayed due to incorrect IHS Payment. Although we have managed to book LIUK test for just before the visa expiry, we want to be prepared in case we must reschedule. Thank you much for your responses.

marcnath
United Kingdom

Post by marcnath » Thu Aug 01, 2024 2:10 pm

Parveenkumar7 wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2024 2:06 pm
Is there any guidance from home office supporting this what I dont want is get a rejection/delayed due to incorrect IHS Payment. Although we have managed to book LIUK test for just before the visa expiry, we want to be prepared in case we must reschedule. Thank you much for your responses.
No official guidance that I am aware of - just the experience of a number of people in this forum. But if you pay 3 years NHS, it is definitely not an incorrect one.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Thu Aug 01, 2024 2:43 pm

Parveenkumar7 wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2024 2:06 pm
The application will be delayed if you do not pay 3 years worth of IHS fees per applicant.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Parveenkumar7
Newly Registered
India

Post by Parveenkumar7 » Fri Aug 02, 2024 4:15 pm

Thank you so much for your response