ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Documentary evidence for a degree taught in English

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

latha24
Newly Registered

Documentary evidence for a degree taught in English

Post by latha24 » Thu Jan 01, 2009 3:00 pm

Hi,

I have done my MCA from periyar Univerisyt,Salem(Tamil Nadu) India.This univeristy is recognised by NARIC still i required any certificate for english language 10 points.
What evidence i need to show that my subjects were taught in English.
Please help me.

Thanks
Latha

harakiri

Post by harakiri » Thu Jan 01, 2009 3:10 pm

Check if your university is recognised as per the self assessment tool on the BIA website, see here:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/pointscalculator

If it is recognised, you only need the original degree certificate as evidence. Hope this helps.

latha24
Newly Registered

Post by latha24 » Thu Jan 01, 2009 3:16 pm

Yes, my univeristy is showing in self assessment tool. But i heard that we need to take certificate from univeristy that "my subjects were taught in english language"
Please conform me if this certificate is not mandatory.

Guys if any one applied from Periyar University,salem please help.

thanks
Latha

raghava39@rediffmail.com

Post by raghava39@rediffmail.com » Thu Jan 01, 2009 5:09 pm

latha24 wrote:Please conform me if this certificate is not mandatory.
Latha,

I do not think it is mandatory as long as the self assessment tool recognizes the university name and the degree of study. In one of the post here in the forum, I have seen a main covering letter speak like this
5. English Language Requirement: 10 points claimed

I possess exceptionally good speaking, writing, reading and listening skills in English. Throughout my education I have been taught in the English language. I am a xxx(4 years) that was gained from the xxx (1997-2001) where the medium of instruction is English.

Documents provided:
There are no additional documents required for this section, as my university is recognised by the ‘Self Assessment Tool’ available on the Agency website. However, as a supporting document I have enclosed:

1. Letter from the University stating that the medium of instruction for my Bachelors degree was English.
It would be good to provide the letter from University as well to be on the safer side.

Thanks
Raghavendran.G

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Thu Jan 01, 2009 7:01 pm

latha24 wrote:Yes, my univeristy is showing in self assessment tool. But i heard that we need to take certificate from univeristy that "my subjects were taught in english language"
Please conform me if this certificate is not mandatory.
No need for a certificate in your case.
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

latha24
Newly Registered

Post by latha24 » Sat Jan 03, 2009 2:39 am

Hi All,

Any one applied UK Tier1(General) visa who completed there graduation or masters from PERIYAR UNIVERSITY, Salem,Tamilnadu India.
please let me know.

Thanks
latha

sv23367

Post by sv23367 » Sat Jan 03, 2009 5:08 am

Latha
I did my UG from Periyar university, Salem. I got my Tier1 Visa last month. U dont need to produce Medium of Instruction certificate for the Tier1 Visa. It is not needed for Tier1. while submitting my application, i had produced that letter (from university) even though it is not needed. only in HSMP , it was mandatory.Since periyar university is listed in Points based calculator , it will not be a problem

latha24
Newly Registered

Post by latha24 » Sun Jan 04, 2009 5:17 am

Thanks for your reply,

Could you please tellme the process how you took that certificate from Periyar University, salem. I have contacted university through phone but they are not giving me proper response they were asking me to bring a letter from college.
Please tell me how you approched the university, I am planninf to go university next week.

Thanks
Latha

jack_p

Post by jack_p » Sun Jan 04, 2009 7:24 am

latha24 wrote:Thanks for your reply,

Could you please tellme the process how you took that certificate from Periyar University, salem. I have contacted university through phone but they are not giving me proper response they were asking me to bring a letter from college.
Please tell me how you approched the university, I am planninf to go university next week.

Thanks
Latha
The letter from this Univerity is NOT required to substantiate your English proficiency. If you already have them, then you may go ahead and submit, but if you don't, then there wouldn't be any point in spending time in getting one.

latha24
Newly Registered

Post by latha24 » Tue Jan 06, 2009 4:39 pm

Hi SV23367,

Could you please tell me how you approached university for English Language certificate ?.

Thanks
Latha

sv23367

Post by sv23367 » Tue Jan 06, 2009 4:49 pm

I have PMed u explaining the process. Pls look at the private messages

daddul
Newly Registered

Post by daddul » Tue Mar 17, 2009 12:06 pm

latha24 wrote:Hi SV23367,

Could you please tell me how you approached university for English Language certificate ?.

Thanks
Latha
Hi All,
I was a student in Periyar university salem , i too am applying for tier-1 , and i have no time to get a letter from our univ for medium of instruction in english.
I plead with you if you can share the copy of the letter you have recieved from our university to speciy that medium of instruction was english.

I request you to send me a scanned copy of the letter to aditya.g@zensar.in This is very important to me, as i have to file for tier-1 by april 1. Please help

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Tue Mar 17, 2009 6:12 pm

daddul wrote:
latha24 wrote:Hi SV23367,

Thanks
Latha
Hi All,
I was a student in Periyar university salem , i too am applying for tier-1 , and i have no time to get a letter from our univ for medium of instruction in english.
I plead with you if you can share the copy of the letter you have recieved from our university to speciy that medium of instruction was english.

I request you to send me a scanned copy of the letter to aditya.g@zensar.in This is very important to me, as i have to file for tier-1 by april 1. Please help
It is NOT required at all.
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer