ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

your expert opinion about application.

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Ali Khan
Newly Registered

your expert opinion about application.

Post by Ali Khan » Tue Jun 07, 2005 1:17 pm

Hello mates,
I found this place searching through google, and after reading a number of topics, I thought I should ask you for some favor.

here are my details before I ask my question.

I am Ali, 26 years old Pakistani national (single). I have completed MCS (Master in Computer Science) from Pakistan. I have been working as a web developer in Inetnational Market (freelancer) since last 4 years and very well known among the web designers/developers.

Last year I applied for Student VISA, and I got it (14 months duration). I've been to UK (London), studied there for about 6 months (my course is not completed yet), I came back to my country to visit my family. My VISA is still valid for about next 4 months. So I have time to go back, but I want to apply for HSMP, since there is a lot of demand in my profession. I applied for some jobs and qualified but didnt get becuase I didnt have work permit.

My questions are..
1. Can I apply for HSMP program ? (my points exceeded the minimum requirements).
2. I have read No WIN / NO FEE on workpermit.com . Shall I apply through them ? do I have to deposit any funds before they process my application ?
3. How long it takes to know wether you are accepted/rejected ?

please give me your expert opinion on this situation.

regards
Khan.

bani

Post by bani » Tue Jun 07, 2005 9:45 pm

Yes, you can apply for HSMP if you meet or exceed 65 points. But bear in mind your Masters degree might only earn you 15 points (i'm not sure, do a search for 'naric' or 'pakistan university' on this forum), so take that into account.

I didn't use Workpermit.com. Even if you go through them, I suggest you read this forum some more in order to prepare your case really well (write strong letters, etc.). Processing times vary - look at the sticky thread on processing times.

good luck! :)

Kotiara

Post by Kotiara » Wed Jun 08, 2005 4:18 am

I applied a couple of weeks ago. I prepared everything myself, but used this forum a lot. I suggest that you don't use any third party services to prepare your application. Just read everything carefully and ask questions on this and other forums. Take your time to understand everything. I found out abt this program last year in December, so it took me about 6 months to prepare everything, still i'm not sure about the outcome. One thing you might want to do, while you are in your home country, is collect references, payslips, tax returns etc.