ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switching from T1 to skilled worker

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

HappyChap2021
Argentina

Switching from T1 to skilled worker

Post by HappyChap2021 » Wed Jul 24, 2024 1:31 pm

Hello Everyone,
Can you pls advise on the length of process needed to switch from T1 to skilled worker? Provided I have found a company that has sponsor license and I have signed the contract. But I am worried about the complexity of process and length as my extension will expire in 30days and I have only August to do everything.
Many thanks in advance

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Switching from T1 to skilled worker

Post by CR001 » Wed Jul 24, 2024 1:37 pm

If the sponsor has an undefined CoS and you meet all the requirements, it is quick to assign the cos to you, then you simply apply for your visa.

If the company doesn't have a cos to assign, you might have a problem as new CoS allocation requests can take up 18 weeks for a company to get a cos before they can assign it to you.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

HappyChap2021
Argentina

Post by HappyChap2021 » Wed Jul 24, 2024 7:49 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2024 1:37 pm
If the sponsor has an undefined CoS and you meet all the requirements, it is quick to assign the cos to you, then you simply apply for your visa.

If the company doesn't have a cos to assign, you might have a problem as new CoS allocation requests can take up 18 weeks for a company to get a cos before they can assign it to you.
thank you very much. if you allow me a follow up question,
1) I have 20months of the required 24months job creation (2 employees for one year) , can i still apply to change to skilled even if i haven't fullfilled all requirments ?
2) do the dependents also have to apply for change in visa, or they can coninoue on their T1 dependent visa
3) do i have to still pay the 3yrs IHS surcharge even if will only be on the skilled worker route for 3 months max?

marcnath
United Kingdom

Post by marcnath » Wed Jul 31, 2024 9:30 pm

HappyChap2021 wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2024 7:49 pm
CR001 wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2024 1:37 pm

thank you very much. if you allow me a follow up question,
1) I have 20months of the required 24months job creation (2 employees for one year) , can i still apply to change to skilled even if i haven't fullfilled all requirments ?
2) do the dependents also have to apply for change in visa, or they can coninoue on their T1 dependent visa
3) do i have to still pay the 3yrs IHS surcharge even if will only be on the skilled worker route for 3 months max?
1) Yes. As long as you change within the validity of your current visa
2) they don't have to change the visa until its expiry, after which they will be applying as the dependant of whichever visa you have at that time
3) Yes

If you don't get the CoS before your current leave expires, you should still apply for your ILR before the expiry date. You can apply to vary the application to a skilled worker visa anytime before a decision is made on that application.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.