ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can i re-enter the UK with 2.5 weeks left on German passport validity? (hold a UK spouse visa))

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Sal1994
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Can i re-enter the UK with 2.5 weeks left on German passport validity? (hold a UK spouse visa))

Post by Sal1994 » Fri Aug 02, 2024 3:49 pm

Hi,

My wife (on a Spouse Visa valid untill end of 2025) will be visiting family in Germany for 2 weeks next week and will be returning to the UK on the 22nd of August. We just realised her German passport and ID expire on the 5th of September. Will she be okay to re-enter with 2.5 weeks left on German passport or will that be an issue?. We booked an appointment to renew her passport in London in September.

Thanks

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Can i re-enter the UK with 2.5 weeks left on German passport validity? (hold a UK spouse visa))

Post by alterhase58 » Fri Aug 02, 2024 3:56 pm

Yes- as long as the passport visa is valid.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

Sal1994
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Can i re-enter the UK with 2.5 weeks left on German passport validity? (hold a UK spouse visa))

Post by Sal1994 » Fri Aug 02, 2024 4:05 pm

Thanks very much for replying. so as long as both are valid on entry there should be no problem?

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Fri Aug 02, 2024 4:44 pm

Correct
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.