ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Technical Questions

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

waleed205
Mood:
Australia

Technical Questions

Post by waleed205 » Fri Aug 02, 2024 6:48 pm

Hello,

I have the following 2 technical questions:

1)
I am on a spouse visa FLR-M from July 2022. When I went to my biometrics then, I presented my passport and BRP card (both were valid then).
I received a new BRP card after the approval, and I renewed my passport. When I received the email to enroll in e-visa, I used the new BRP card to setup the account. It is giving me the option to add a passport (another identity document) but I have not so far.
My question: when I go for ILR and hopefully approved, the BRP will be cancelled. Will I still be able to login my UKVI account? It seems to be a good idea to add the passport, although the HO does not have the new passport information.

2)
I heard that some people may not be required to go for biometrics and proof their identities using the app. When will I exactly know if I am eligible for it? What I usually do is request priority service whenever available, and I go for the quickest biometric appointment. So when will HO let me know if I can use the app instead? This will help me in planning.

Thanks for your help and support!!

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Technical Questions

Post by zimba » Sun Aug 04, 2024 3:34 am

1. Add your current passport. The UKVI account is intended to track your immigration status
2. The online system will let you know if you can use the app after you submit your application. Otherwise, it will direct you to book an appointment
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice