ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

appeal letter

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

aslip
Newly Registered

appeal letter

Post by aslip » Tue Jan 06, 2009 1:09 pm

Hello everyone,

I got a rejection for my transitional arrangements application under tier1 on the basis of the fact that I provided bank statements for 2.5 months, instead of 3. (I was only able to set up a bank account on september 16, I needed a utility bill but my rent was all inclusive, I got caught in the system etc.)
Being aware of that, i got a letter from my employer showing my annual salary and the date I have started working which is 6 months now.

I now need to put an appeal letter together, do you know if there is an existing template or an example that can help me through, I am not familiar with the terminology and tatctics of writing it.

And do you know if there is a chance that I can actually win it? If I was to proove I was in possession of £800 (with the pay slips and cheque)?

Thank you so much, this process is really frustrating.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Tue Jan 06, 2009 4:26 pm

It's pointless appealing mate - u didn't get a tick for three months statements, that's how it works now.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

rameshnerella
Newly Registered

Re: appeal letter

Post by rameshnerella » Tue Jan 06, 2009 6:36 pm

aslip wrote:Hello everyone,

I got a rejection for my transitional arrangements application under tier1 on the basis of the fact that I provided bank statements for 2.5 months, instead of 3. (I was only able to set up a bank account on september 16, I needed a utility bill but my rent was all inclusive, I got caught in the system etc.)
Being aware of that, i got a letter from my employer showing my annual salary and the date I have started working which is 6 months now.

I now need to put an appeal letter together, do you know if there is an existing template or an example that can help me through, I am not familiar with the terminology and tatctics of writing it.

And do you know if there is a chance that I can actually win it? If I was to proove I was in possession of £800 (with the pay slips and cheque)?

Thank you so much, this process is really frustrating.
my stmnt was from aug24 to oct 24. i got rejected because of online bank stmnt. i think it may be because i submitted before 31 oct when the rule was closing balance must be £800 or more.
i appealed with the letter from the bank manager. waiting for the decision.
better you see some solicitor. (costly though). contact IAS (http://www.iasuk.org) - they provide free service if they accept your case.
the HO people are not even checking all the documents we send with the application. i sent my payslips and letter from my company confirming the payscale and the job title. just deciding people's future with check sheets.

add some additional grounds in your appeal stating why you should be allowed to stay in UK like - your education, your job&future, your family etc...
DO APPEAL...best of luck..

rahilnaz

Post by rahilnaz » Tue Jan 06, 2009 7:21 pm

rameshnerella wrote:
Hello Ramesh,

when is ur hearing. Mine is on 8th and I am but nervous.
I have got covering letter and bank statement which shows closing balance of 800 pound.

See wht happens

shannon_0770
Newly Registered

Post by shannon_0770 » Tue Jan 06, 2009 7:38 pm

Hey everyone,

Can anyone tell me the ideal amount of savings needed in your bank account to show you are capable of supporting and accomodating a friend from Dominican Republic whilst they are visiting?

Thank you for your help
Shannon.

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Tue Jan 06, 2009 7:56 pm

shannon_0770

Hello there.

Please can you post this in a new topic in the part of the forum called "General UK Immigration Forum"

You will get more answers!

rameshnerella
Newly Registered

Post by rameshnerella » Tue Jan 06, 2009 10:40 pm

rahilnaz wrote:
rameshnerella wrote:
Hello Ramesh,

when is ur hearing. Mine is on 8th and I am but nervous.
I have got covering letter and bank statement which shows closing balance of 800 pound.

See wht happens
same.. mine is also on 08th

aslip
Newly Registered

Post by aslip » Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:35 am

Thanks for your kind reply ramesh,

Yes I will definitely appeal, the deadline is 19th so i will do it next tuesday, it will save me sometime to prepare and get advise.
i will appeal on the grounds that a discretion under the Immigration Rules should have been exercised differently.
because, I am fulfilling the purpose of post-study visa, i was eligible last year, i stayed here as an IGS participant last year and showed no sign for insufficient funds and i would like to apply for HSMP when I am ready. There is no real reason for them not to give me apart from the bureaucratic non-sense.
It is very disappointing that there is no initiative taken, and I am hoping that the appeal might be a bit different from the computer like caseworker.

and good luck to you to!

aslip
Newly Registered

Post by aslip » Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:37 am

To: Wanderer,

the outcome may be negative but it is not pointless, it is my right and the way they operate is unfair.

Anyway that means i will have more time here, to finish my work and pack.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:52 am

aslip wrote:To: Wanderer,

the outcome may be negative but it is not pointless, it is my right and the way they operate is unfair.

Anyway that means i will have more time here, to finish my work and pack.
I disagree, the whole point of Points Based System is that it removes all guesswork, opinion, and mood of caseworker from the equation.

If you complete and form, read the guidance notes and have all the documentary requirements with provenance there's no doubt about getting the visa.

So if you apply without the required documents you know you will get refused with is not appealable.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

aslip
Newly Registered

Post by aslip » Wed Jan 07, 2009 11:16 am

the aim of the post-study work category is to encourage the valuable people to work and contribute here in the uk. and the reason i was unable to claim point for funds is the fact that i was unable to set up a bank account at the right time which is partly because it is very hard in this system to set up a bank account if you are non-eu.
i am aware that i do not match the points but hoping that the other documents that proving my funds would make a difference this time.
i am hoping that's all..
you are correct but i haven't heard of an similar appeal that got refused yet, so i am going to use my right to appeal. there is no point not using it unless it effects the further chances to apply under different categorie in the future.

rameshnerella
Newly Registered

Post by rameshnerella » Wed Jan 07, 2009 5:28 pm

aslip wrote:the aim of the post-study work category is to encourage the valuable people to work and contribute here in the uk. and the reason i was unable to claim point for funds is the fact that i was unable to set up a bank account at the right time which is partly because it is very hard in this system to set up a bank account if you are non-eu.
i am aware that i do not match the points but hoping that the other documents that proving my funds would make a difference this time.
i am hoping that's all..
you are correct but i haven't heard of an similar appeal that got refused yet, so i am going to use my right to appeal. there is no point not using it unless it effects the further chances to apply under different categorie in the future.
dont worry... it all depends on luck
some people get visa..next day rules change...it is luck right? try your's then.
better appeal. did you contact IAS?

aslip
Newly Registered

Post by aslip » Wed Jan 07, 2009 5:42 pm

I've checked it but Ias doesn't apply to me, I am working full-time so I've an income, but thank you very much for your suggestion. Trying to to put together an appeal statement myself doesn't sound like the best thing to do. I will try and get legal advise however i don't think i can afford a lawyer at this point. That's why I was wondering if there is an existing appeal statement that I can adopt to my situation.

salam123

Post by salam123 » Thu Jan 08, 2009 7:57 am

shannon_0770 wrote:Hey everyone,

Can anyone tell me the ideal amount of savings needed in your bank account to show you are capable of supporting and accomodating a friend from Dominican Republic whilst they are visiting?

Thank you for your help
Shannon.
doesn't really mater how much u earn just nedd 800 pounds in ur closing balance that's all.