ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for entry clearance with HSMP approval letter

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

orange
Newly Registered

Applying for entry clearance with HSMP approval letter

Post by orange » Tue Jan 06, 2009 7:25 pm

Hello all,
I got my HSMP approval letter in August 2008. I am applying for entry clearance visa this week with past 3 months bank statement. I have filled in the application called
Application for UK entry clearance,
visa type PBS tier 1 highly skilled migrant ,
visa sub type: Tier 1(HSMP approval letter migrant)
I have bank statements for previous three months , recent photos, and my HSMP approval letter.
The UKBA website says that I am supposed to fill up 'all other appropriate section of the relevant application including the maintenance (funds) section of the form'. However I do not find a section for maintenance funds in the above said application that I have filled up.
Kindle enlighten me on which other application should I fill up while applying for entry clearance? Also what other documents may I need for the same ?
Thanks.

push
United Kingdom

Re: Applying for entry clearance with HSMP approval letter

Post by push » Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:12 pm

orange wrote:Hello all,
I got my HSMP approval letter in August 2008. I am applying for entry clearance visa this week with past 3 months bank statement. I have filled in the application called
Application for UK entry clearance,
visa type PBS tier 1 highly skilled migrant ,
visa sub type: Tier 1(HSMP approval letter migrant)
I have bank statements for previous three months , recent photos, and my HSMP approval letter.
The UKBA website says that I am supposed to fill up 'all other appropriate section of the relevant application including the maintenance (funds) section of the form'. However I do not find a section for maintenance funds in the above said application that I have filled up.
Kindle enlighten me on which other application should I fill up while applying for entry clearance? Also what other documents may I need for the same ?
Thanks.
If you are applying from within UK then Page 54 of the form

However as you have mentioned EC, I suspect you are applying from outside UK. Then VAF-9 is the form for you (unless you are making an online application)
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

loodk

Post by loodk » Wed Jan 07, 2009 12:08 pm

Fill out vaf9 and pbasappendix1, maint requirement is mentioned there.
From which country you are applying, there is load of other info you need to put in with EC application.
Regards,

JillUS
Newly Registered

Also applying for Tier 1 with HSMP approval letter- Help!

Post by JillUS » Thu Jan 15, 2009 4:03 pm

Hello-

I also received my HSMP approval letter in August 08 (Which means it expires next month in Feb!) I am currently still living in the US and am unsure what my nest steps are.

On the approval letter it said that the letter should be submitted to the British Consulate in my country (USA). Which I thought I was going to submit with a VF9 form.

However, when I research online, it seems as though I need to fill out a new application (version after Nov, 2008), which should be sent to The UK Boarder Agency in Durham? (Tho this form seems to be written for someone who is already in the UK which I am not!)

I am so terribly confused. Do I fill out the new Tier 1 application form and submit to the UK address? Or do I fill out the VAF9 form and submit to my British Consulate here in the US? Also, do I need to have my biometrics taken? Before or after?

I am scared that time is running out- Any help is most appreciated!

bangalorehsmp
Newly Registered

Other documents

Post by bangalorehsmp » Fri Jan 16, 2009 5:17 pm

Apart from the documents mentioned above, the VFS office in Bangalore told me to submit 6months payslips and bank statements for the same and accomadation proof. I am really confused why they ask for documents not mentioned on the websites . Requesting members to please post your experiences and guidance. I am tensed now since I do not have all these documents.

The same query is in a different thread i created. http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=34283

Is this because the earlier EC process needed these documents and VFS guys have not seen the latest forms ?