ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Foreign Birth Registration

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jgclancy
Member of Standing
United States of America

Re: Foreign Birth Registration

Post by jgclancy » Sat Jul 20, 2024 8:08 pm

Daymo34 wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2024 12:54 am
jgclancy wrote:
Sun Dec 24, 2023 5:30 pm

No. There is a list of people that can be witnesses besides a notary public. Being a notary public has nothing to do with being the witness. If you choose a notary public as your witness that is fine. However, most likely he needs to have a different notary public stamp the applicant ID photocopy.
A notary public CANNOT notarize their own signature.

So..to be clear. Anyone on the list of witnesses can sign & date the application plus the photos when you sign and date the application. Dates must be the same. If no stamp ( this stamp is a European thing - it dies not mean notarize) then witness includes a business card OR a letter with company information stating how they can be a witness/ are not related to you & how they know you. Best to notarize this letter too.
Whoever the witness is - teacher, notary public, police officer etc - then has to get your ID photocopy notarized . The date can differ.
IF your witness is a notary public the witness gets a different notary public to stamp his signature on the applicant ID.

Hope this makes it clear.

Jgclancy
Hi again, Jgclancy,

I happened upon this part of the thread whilst using the search terms “eu passport photos” and I wanted to clarify something here.

I understand the difference between witnessing & notarizing, BUT it’s this line from your post here that I’m puzzled by:

“Whoever the witness is - teacher, notary public, police officer etc -then has to get your ID photocopy notarized…”

After the witness has done their bit and signed the necessary documents, surely I can then take those documents to a notary myself to be notarized? Why does the witness have to do it? And quite apart from anything else, how is anyone ever going to know who took the forms to be notarized? Or am I missing something?
A notary public has to witness a form being signed. It's really the whole point of notarizing. They need to be sure the person is who they say they are (ID or known to notary) and that they signed it themselves.The only way to know that is to see them sign it in person.
P.S--technically, nothing needs notarizing. As long as the the witness is on the official list of witnesses that's it. I tell people to notarize everything because it makes it an official government document.

hope this clarifies things

jgclancy

jgclancy
Member of Standing
United States of America

Post by jgclancy » Sat Jul 20, 2024 10:01 pm

I have directly helped about 50 people with their paperwork for applying to get on the Irish Foreign Birth Registration through descent from grandparents. Many others with advice online.

My advice always tells people that "More is Better" and notarize everything they can. Why? It keeps them from requesting more documents & stops them from rejecting documents and/or witnesses. Once a document is notarized it is considered a government document. They are less likely to question such a document and if they do then they are basically saying you have committed a crime. Something they'd rather not do.

So here are a few bits of advice to make sure everything you do gets approved the first time. The people I have helped directly have never had a witness rejection or follow up for additional documents. All went through on the first pass with no questions or requests. Be thorough & go the extra mile.

For FBR just make sure you have a good, VALID witness. A garda/police officer is the best it seems to me. Any witness will do from the list. Make sure to add any extra proof that the witness is qualified. I once used an accountant. He included a letter explaining his qualifications, how he knew the applicant & that he was not related to the applicant. On top of that I had him include a copy of his college accountancy degree. Not needed but---> More is Better

Photographs----4 EU sized photographs - 2 are signed, dated, stamped (if no stamp use card or letter headed sheet with brief statement) by a VALID witness. Also, add the application number (it's says that in Section E on the application itself).

2 Proofs of address- again--More is Better--send 3 if you can. Get them notarized if you can. Notarized is better. Write application number on them.

Your ID & parents ID (if not deceased) - make nice color copies. Add certifying statement by witness(es). Have VALID witness(es) sign & date. Again---get them notarized , if possible. A different witness than the applicants can certify their ID since they might live far away.

Birth, marriage & death certificates. All need to be LONG FORM issued by the government. NO PHOTOCOPIES.
Only government issued are considered "originals" .

If there is any slight discrepancy in a name or a date include an explanatory letter. And yep--get it notarized if you can. They are used to variances in dates and /or names. One applicants grandfather who had come to USA finally returned to Ireland and found out he was 2 years older than he thought & had been listing on all his documents.

Yes--you have to send your, your parents & your grandparents marriage certificates. If applicable simply means If married. They use marriage to connect you to your parents along with the birth certificate.
Yes, some people have had FBR approved without one but many more get asked to provide it and then it's another 3-9 months until approval.
Also, if there is a divorce and remarriage they may ask for those certificates too. Include anything you can! My mother remarried and then passed away. Her death certificate had her 2nd marriage surname. So yes, I included proof of her 2nd marriage as well to prove her name change.

Application number on OUTSIDE of SHIPPING package. Write it big on both sides Application Number 00000*****

Make a copy of everything you send. Everything.

Make sure you have a third person (not any witness or applicant--a different individual) go through the checklist to be sure nothing is overlooked. I am NEVER the last person to check that the applicant has included everything.

When you send the packet make sure it has a tracking number no matter which carrier you choose.

I put everything in different manila envelopes.
One with grandparents BMD documents - outside has grandparents name / the application number & lists all documents
One with parents BMD documents. -outside has parent name / the application number and lists al documents
One with applicants BMD documents/ photographs in small envelope /each proof of address / application -list all on outside

Other documents. I have occasionally added are copies of Irish Censuses ( all 4 pages not just the Household page) if grandparent is on it. Not needed but---More is Better . I once added a Scottish Census because the grandparents had married in Ireland but moved to Scotland. Daughter was born just afterwards in Scotland. Her Scottish birth record mentioned her parents marriage in Ireland as well. The census helped tie the whole storyline together,
And yes---I had the applicant get it notarized with a declarative statement that it was a true copy.

A copy of a baptismal certificate can be included. Not needed but adds to truth of birth certificate.

A newspaper clipping of a BMD can be included. Not needed but ..you know....More is Better

Hope this helps - be thorough, include ALL certificates & documents from the checklist.

Remember, they are trying to be sure the applicant is who they say they are & that they can prove lineage to the grandparent born in Ireland.

The people processing your FBR are varied with different levels of experience. Anything that helps them decide your application is legitimate & correct
will facilitate a positive decision.

Technically, nothing needs to be notarized. They ask for a witness to just certify things. I can't tell you how many people get witnesses & documents rejected but it is not uncommon.
I get things notarized whenever I can which seems to be better in my never so humble opinion. If you don't that's okay too. In USA getting things notarized is rather easy.

Also, the term "personally known" for the witness does not mean they have to be your friend or any time period. They just have to believe you are who you say you are.

Sometimes a notary says they won't notarize an ID. Explain to them they are not notarizing the ID but that they are notarizing the statement the witness adds. Not the ID itself. Again, notarizing is not necessary. Just the Valid witness certifying is what they ask you to provide.

Good Luck---jgclancy

alicedegennaro
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by alicedegennaro » Tue Jul 30, 2024 10:59 pm

Hi all, complete newbie here but it's been great reading your tips and experiences with the fbr applications.

I can't for the life of me figure out how to access the spreadsheet you are all referencing, could someone please point the way!

Thanks

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Thu Aug 01, 2024 8:52 pm

the spreadsheet (code so it's not inlined):

Code: Select all

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1sf6xAvCwuJWuuoDfB4LSHIkd7pdXKRnrnSkbma3Vth4/edit?usp=sharing
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

Hachimaru
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Hachimaru » Fri Aug 02, 2024 8:07 am

bah copy paste didnt take

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Aug 02, 2024 8:22 am

GoingBackBackToEire wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2024 9:57 pm
The document is in this person signature in this post if you click the 'up' arrow for goingbackbacktoeire user or click link below for the post.

viewtopic.php?t=277641&start=7325#p2143848
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

duffy1867
European Union

Post by duffy1867 » Fri Aug 02, 2024 12:20 pm

jgclancy wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2024 10:01 pm
I have directly helped about 50 people with their paperwork for applying to get on the Irish Foreign Birth Registration through descent from grandparents. Many others with advice online.

My advice always tells people that "More is Better" and notarize everything they can. Why? It keeps them from requesting more documents & stops them from rejecting documents and/or witnesses. Once a document is notarized it is considered a government document. They are less likely to question such a document and if they do then they are basically saying you have committed a crime. Something they'd rather not do.

So here are a few bits of advice to make sure everything you do gets approved the first time. The people I have helped directly have never had a witness rejection or follow up for additional documents. All went through on the first pass with no questions or requests. Be thorough & go the extra mile.

For FBR just make sure you have a good, VALID witness. A garda/police officer is the best it seems to me. Any witness will do from the list. Make sure to add any extra proof that the witness is qualified. I once used an accountant. He included a letter explaining his qualifications, how he knew the applicant & that he was not related to the applicant. On top of that I had him include a copy of his college accountancy degree. Not needed but---> More is Better

Photographs----4 EU sized photographs - 2 are signed, dated, stamped (if no stamp use card or letter headed sheet with brief statement) by a VALID witness. Also, add the application number (it's says that in Section E on the application itself).

2 Proofs of address- again--More is Better--send 3 if you can. Get them notarized if you can. Notarized is better. Write application number on them.

Your ID & parents ID (if not deceased) - make nice color copies. Add certifying statement by witness(es). Have VALID witness(es) sign & date. Again---get them notarized , if possible. A different witness than the applicants can certify their ID since they might live far away.

Birth, marriage & death certificates. All need to be LONG FORM issued by the government. NO PHOTOCOPIES.

If there is any slight discrepancy in a name or a date include an explanatory letter. And yep--get it notarized if you can. They are used to variances in dates and /or names. One applicants grandfather who had come to USA finally returned to Ireland and found out he was 2 years older than he thought & had been listing on all his documents.

Yes--you have to send your, your parents & your grandparents marriage certificates. If applicable simply means If married. They use marriage to connect you to your parents along with the birth certificate.
Yes, some people have had FBR approved without one but many more get asked to provide it and then it's another 3-9 months until approval.
Also, if there is a divorce and remarriage they may ask for those certificates too. Include anything you can! My mother remarried and then passed away. Her death certificate had her 2nd marriage surname. So yes, I included proof of her 2nd marriage as well to prove her name change.

Application number on OUTSIDE of SHIPPING package. Write it big on both sides Application Number 00000*****

Make sure you have a third person (not any witness or applicant--a different individual) go through the checklist to be sure nothing is overlooked. I am NEVER the last person to check that the applicant has included everything.

When you send the packet make sure it has a tracking number no matter which carrier you choose.

One with grandparents BMD documents - outside has grandparents name / the application number & lists all documents
One with parents BMD documents. -outside has parent name / the application number and lists al documents
One with applicants BMD documents/ photographs in small envelope /each proof of address / application -list all on outside

Other documents. I have occasionally added are copies of Irish Censuses ( all 4 pages not just the Household page) if grandparent is on it. Not needed but---More is Better . I once added a Scottish Census because the grandparents had married in Ireland but moved to Scotland. Daughter was born just afterwards in Scotland. Her Scottish birth record mentioned her parents marriage in Ireland as well. The census helped tie the whole storyline together,
And yes---I had the applicant get it notarized with a declarative statement that it was a true copy.

A copy of a baptismal certificate can be included. Not needed but adds to truth of birth certificate.

A newspaper clipping of a BMD can be included. Not needed but ..you know....More is Better

Hope this helps - be thorough, include ALL certificates & documents from the checklist.

Remember, they are trying to be sure the applicant is who they say they are & that they can prove lineage to the grandparent born in Ireland.

The people processing your FBR are varied with different levels of experience. Anything that helps them decide your application is legitimate & correct

Technically, nothing needs to be notarized. They ask for a witness to just certify things. I can't tell you how many people get witnesses & documents rejected but it is not uncommon.
I get things notarized whenever I can which seems to be better in my never so humble opinion. If you don't that's okay too. In USA getting things notarized is rather easy.

Also, the term "personally known" for the witness does not mean they have to be your friend or any time period. They just have to believe you are who you say you are.

Sometimes a notary says they won't notarize an ID. Explain to them they are not notarizing the ID but that they are notarizing the statement the witness adds. Not the ID itself. Again, notarizing is not necessary. Just the Valid witness certifying is what they ask you to provide.

Good Luck---jgclancy
Such good advice jgclancy - I don't suppose you would mind me copying this into the FAQ pinned thread? (Of course credited to you)

Only because this will quickly get swallowed up/lost in this thread and there is some very good advice here, esp for US applicants

irishboi
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by irishboi » Sat Aug 03, 2024 7:00 pm

Good news for those who applied September 2023 - they're now being processed!

Timeline (DD/MM/YYYY):
Applied online: 04/09/2023
Confirmation email: 22/10/2023

I received an email from the DFA on 24/07/2024 asking for:
1. To ensure documents are dispatched to correct address, confirm my postal address (presumably, the "address verification" stage).
2. Passport photo ID was not certified by the witness, supply a scan of this by email.

The certified passport photocopy was emailed on 27/07/24.

I am yet to hear back. I presume there are no other documents to supply since they did not ask for any. So it looks like once they are happy with the passport scan, I'll receive the congratulations email, and all of the original documents will be posted to me.

After that it's just waiting for the certificate to then apply for my passport.

My estimate is the "congrats email" will be in another 2-3 weeks. Certificate sent around October time. Passport Nov/Dec time.

Hachimaru
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Hachimaru » Sat Aug 03, 2024 8:22 pm

Some applicants' report delays of 3-6 months when additional docs are requested. But hope your timeline is more accurate

irishboi
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by irishboi » Sat Aug 03, 2024 9:15 pm

Hachimaru wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2024 8:22 pm
Some applicants' report delays of 3-6 months when additional docs are requested. But hope your timeline is more accurate
I'm wondering if the 3-6 month delay is only where physical copies are requested?

The request was for me to email a photocopy of the notarised passport in colour. My assumption is that means it will be processed a lot quicker - also where in the same email they asked me to confirm my postal address. Odd request if the additional document will delay things by 3-6 months.

In that time I could have moved address!

I presume once they've received the passport photocopy, things will progress quickly, hence them asking for my postal address in the same email.

jackmckechnie
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by jackmckechnie » Sun Aug 04, 2024 8:38 pm

Hi all

I received the address confirmation email on 29 July 2024. I replied to that email with confirmation of my address. I received an automatic response saying "this mail box is for outbound clarification queries from the FBR Entitlement Unit ONLY" Can anyone confirm that replying directly to the original email is the correct thing to do?

Thanks, Jack

jgclancy
Member of Standing
United States of America

Post by jgclancy » Sun Aug 04, 2024 10:20 pm

duffy1867 wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2024 12:20 pm
jgclancy wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2024 10:01 pm

Good Luck---jgclancy
Such good advice jgclancy - I don't suppose you would mind me copying this into the FAQ pinned thread? (Of course credited to you)

Only because this will quickly get swallowed up/lost in this thread and there is some very good advice here, esp for US applicants
Copy it all....hope it helps someone. I see too many people trying to do the bare minimum & make assumptions. More is Better!

jgclancy

irishboi
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by irishboi » Mon Aug 05, 2024 10:52 am

jackmckechnie wrote:
Sun Aug 04, 2024 8:38 pm
Hi all

I received the address confirmation email on 29 July 2024. I replied to that email with confirmation of my address. I received an automatic response saying "this mail box is for outbound clarification queries from the FBR Entitlement Unit ONLY" Can anyone confirm that replying directly to the original email is the correct thing to do?

Thanks, Jack
Yes it is the correct thing to do because there is no other email address to respond to, and they asked you in the email to respond to that email "by reply".

jackmckechnie
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by jackmckechnie » Mon Aug 05, 2024 3:17 pm

irishboi wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2024 10:52 am
jackmckechnie wrote:
Sun Aug 04, 2024 8:38 pm
Hi all

Thanks, Jack
Yes it is the correct thing to do because there is no other email address to respond to, and they asked you in the email to respond to that email "by reply".
Great, thanks very much for confirming!

martine313
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by martine313 » Tue Aug 06, 2024 7:36 pm

This is looking hopeful but super frustrating! Docs received email August 17, 2023. Have heard absolutely nothing, and seeing people who applied in Sept and Oct get some type of communication. I've tried to reach out and no response. I guess I will do it again. I have a job lined up and ready to move ASAP, and this is just delaying everything :(
irishboi wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2024 7:00 pm

Timeline (DD/MM/YYYY):

1. To ensure documents are dispatched to correct address, confirm my postal address (presumably, the "address verification" stage).
2. Passport photo ID was not certified by the witness, supply a scan of this by email.

I am yet to hear back. I presume there are no other documents to supply since they did not ask for any. So it looks like once they are happy with the passport scan, I'll receive the congratulations email, and all of the original documents will be posted to me.

My estimate is the "congrats email" will be in another 2-3 weeks. Certificate sent around October time. Passport Nov/Dec time.

Hachimaru
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Hachimaru » Wed Aug 07, 2024 8:09 am

martine313 wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2024 7:36 pm
This is looking hopeful but super frustrating! Docs received email August 17, 2023. Have heard absolutely nothing, and seeing people who applied in Sept and Oct get some type of communication. I've tried to reach out and no response. I guess I will do it again. I have a job lined up and ready to move ASAP, and this is just delaying everything :(
irishboi wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2024 7:00 pm

Timeline (DD/MM/YYYY):

By reach out was that by phone ? if not their are quite a few phone numbers in the previous 2-3 pages to try obviously have your application number to hand

cbetofop
Newly Registered
Seychelles

Post by cbetofop » Wed Aug 07, 2024 1:37 pm

My situation was quite complicated, but may help others.

My paternal grandmother was born in Dublin in 1902; I made an application for her original birth certificate to the HSE on 02/07/23 only to have the fee refunded with no explanation.

I called the HSE and spoke to a very helpful man who told me the certificate existed and gave me the reference number; but explained that there was no first name on certificate - apparently his colleague had just returned the fee without making any effort to clarify the circumstances. So it is worth persevering and making direct contact with the Irish records offices if appropriate.

He explained that it was common in the early 20th Century for children to be born and not named until their baptism and that if I could locate a baptismal record I could apply to have a forename added to the birth record retrospectively - even after 121 years!

I applied to every diocese in the area of Dublin where the family had lived - information obtained from census records and on 26/08/23 the GRO Cathedral in Dublin confirmed they held the record and issued a certificate of baptism for a fee of 15 Euros.

I then forwarded the baptismal certificate to the GRO and applied to add a forename and obtain a certified copy birth certificate which was received on 12/10/23

In the interim I had obtained necessary birth / marriage / death certificates for my grandparent(s) and Father and together with my own documents and photographs had all of them notarised.

An added complication arose, in that my grandmother's name on her marriage certificate was different to that on her now revised birth certificate and death certificate with the addition of a 'middle name'. I managed to contact the actual church where the wedding was solemnised and confirmed that the addition was her 'confirmation' name in the catholic Church. Another fairly common practice in the early 20th Century. I forwarded the response to the INIS with a covering letter stating my application number and original date of posting/receipt.

Now awaiting the outcome.

[DD/MM/YY]
Applied online: 02/11/23
Application form & Docs posted: 02/11/23
Application form & Docs Delivered: 27/11/23
Additional documents sent: 06/02/24
Congrats email: ——
Cert received: ——

duffy1867
European Union

Post by duffy1867 » Wed Aug 07, 2024 3:12 pm

cbetofop wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2024 1:37 pm
My situation was quite complicated, but may help others.

My paternal grandmother was born in Dublin in 1902; I made an application for her original birth certificate to the HSE on 02/07/23 only to have the fee refunded with no explanation.
I'm sure it doesn't feel like it right now, but that's a brilliant story and your own little piece of corrected history... :D

tulipgarden
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by tulipgarden » Sat Aug 10, 2024 6:57 pm

Hi All,

Can anyone give me any info/guidance on the timeline for an expectant parent?

I applied for my FBR in March (docs sent early April and documents received by DFA early May), found out I was pregnant in June and told DFA early July, any idea what to expect timeframe wise? Im aware they prioritise by due date but seems to be conflicting timelines on here and reddit forums!

Hachimaru
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Hachimaru » Sun Aug 11, 2024 9:50 am

tulipgarden wrote:
Sat Aug 10, 2024 6:57 pm
Hi All,

I applied for my FBR in March (docs sent early April and documents received by DFA early May), found out I was pregnant in June and told DFA early July, any idea what to expect timeframe wise? Im aware they prioritise by due date but seems to be conflicting timelines on here and reddit forums!

Every case is different, with outliers in circumstances. Do a search on the spread sheet using the term "expectant" It should give you some idea . Personally I would speculate 1-3 months depending how imminent the birth , andif your docs are all in order .

Dommylou
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Dommylou » Mon Aug 12, 2024 5:49 pm

I have one quick question.

When you receive the email asking you to verify your address, is it a simple yes/no question or are you able to explain a discrepancy with the address you submitted on the online application form? I ask this because I stupidly wrote down a shortened version of my address on my online application form. A couple of days later I posted my documents which included evidence of my full postal address. I enclosed a covering letter explaining the slight discrepancy between the two addresses but I just want FBR to use my full postal address when posting such important documents back to me. Thanks.

tulipgarden
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by tulipgarden » Mon Aug 12, 2024 8:51 pm

Hachimaru wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2024 9:50 am
tulipgarden wrote:
Sat Aug 10, 2024 6:57 pm
Hi All,

Every case is different, with outliers in circumstances. Do a search on the spread sheet using the term "expectant" It should give you some idea . Personally I would speculate 1-3 months depending how imminent the birth , andif your docs are all in order .
Thanks for this. I am not due until Feb of next year so have some time. However, my biggest fear is they will request more documents, delaying the process! This is because I was unable to get my father's divorce certificate (he was married before I was born and not to my mother, but as we were estranged and unfortunately died in 2018 had no info regarding this, only his marriage certificate!) I'm also unsure If my witness wrote my application number on the back of my photos so just hoping they have all they need!

Mr_Knight
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Mr_Knight » Mon Aug 12, 2024 10:56 pm

Dommylou wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2024 5:49 pm
When you receive the email asking you to verify your address, is it a simple yes/no question or are you able to explain a discrepancy with the address you submitted on the online application form? I ask this because I stupidly wrote down a shortened version of my address on my online application form. A couple of days later I posted my documents which included evidence of my full postal address. I enclosed a covering letter explaining the slight discrepancy between the two addresses but I just want FBR to use my full postal address when posting such important documents back to me. Thanks.
It will be a simple "Yes, my address is bla bla" or "No, my address is now bla bla"

Dommylou
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Dommylou » Tue Aug 13, 2024 10:04 am

Mr_Knight wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2024 10:56 pm
Dommylou wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2024 5:49 pm
It will be a simple "Yes, my address is bla bla" or "No, my address is now bla bla"
Thank you Mr Knight

ex73
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by ex73 » Thu Aug 15, 2024 3:12 pm

Absolutely delighted to have received my congrats email today. Thanks to all who have shared their journeys.

I didn’t receive an address check email- the confirmation email stated that my certificate has been posted to the address on my application. I phoned the office as I have just moved house and they advised that the certificate was only printed today and that someone would contact me via email in the next few days to confirm my new address.

My timeline:
Application submitted: 03/08/2023
Tracking showed documents delivered: 14/08/2023
DFA confirmed receipt of docs: 17/08/2023
Congrats email: 15/08/2024