ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Dependant application from Pak

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

adnan_uk

Tier 1 Dependant application from Pak

Post by adnan_uk » Sun Jan 04, 2009 9:59 pm

Can anyone tell if the passport tracking service on fedex site is working. my wife applied visa on 15th december but the search is coming as invalid. are other applicants facing same problem?

ALee_80

Re: Tier 1 Dependant application from Pak

Post by ALee_80 » Mon Jan 05, 2009 4:28 pm

adnan_uk wrote:Can anyone tell if the passport tracking service on fedex site is working. my wife applied visa on 15th december but the search is coming as invalid. are other applicants facing same problem?
Hi adnan_uk,

The tracking service seems to be working fine but unfortunately the BHC Islamabad does not! My wife applied for dependent visa under Tier 1 General - HSMP Transitional Arrangement on 1st of Dec. We are still awaiting an answer. Apparently, from what I have heard, there have been delays of as long as 3 months in obtaining any kind of visa. The only example I could find on this forum of some one obtaining a dependent visa in less than a week is the last post on this link: http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... &start=800. I tried sending the poster a couple of emails to find out the details of his application, but got no answer. I am rather dubious about the authenticity of the content of his post but anyway...

The grapevine is that BHC Islamabad has moved / partly moved some of its offices to Abu Dhabi, and IMO this transition plus a huge number of applications and to add insult to injury, the big number of holidays these guys have taken / will take (in Jan), has resulted in such ridiculously long delays.

Could all other applicants from Pakistan - dependents or otherwise, who have been facing long delays in processing of their visas, please post here and share their timelines?

adnan_uk: I suggest you call them on 8865 from mobile (from PK) to find out the status of your application plus make them aware that the online tracking isn't working for you. Just an after thought - are you putting in the correct ref number? It is in the format of KHI/******/******/*. (KHI in case you applied from Karachi).
Anyway - good luck with the application and keep us posted. I'll keep updating my case as well.
When you have an important point to make, don't try to be subtle or clever. Use a pile driver. Hit the point once. Then come back and hit it again. Then hit it a third time - a tremendous whack

adnan_uk

Post by adnan_uk » Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:06 pm

ALee_80 wrote:
adnan_uk wrote:Can anyone tell if the passport tracking service on fedex site is working. my wife applied visa on 15th december but the search is coming as invalid. are other applicants facing same problem?
Hi adnan_uk,

The tracking service seems to be working fine but unfortunately the BHC Islamabad does not! My wife applied for dependent visa under Tier 1 General - HSMP Transitional Arrangement on 1st of Dec. We are still awaiting an answer. Apparently, from what I have heard, there have been delays of as long as 3 months in obtaining any kind of visa. The only example I could find on this forum of some one obtaining a dependent visa in less than a week is the last post on this link: http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... &start=800. I tried sending the poster a couple of emails to find out the details of his application, but got no answer. I am rather dubious about the authenticity of the content of his post but anyway...

The grapevine is that BHC Islamabad has moved / partly moved some of its offices to Abu Dhabi, and IMO this transition plus a huge number of applications and to add insult to injury, the big number of holidays these guys have taken / will take (in Jan), has resulted in such ridiculously long delays.

Could all other applicants from Pakistan - dependents or otherwise, who have been facing long delays in processing of their visas, please post here and share their timelines?

adnan_uk: I suggest you call them on 8865 from mobile (from PK) to find out the status of your application plus make them aware that the online tracking isn't working for you. Just an after thought - are you putting in the correct ref number? It is in the format of KHI/******/******/*. (KHI in case you applied from Karachi).
Anyway - good luck with the application and keep us posted. I'll keep updating my case as well.
Thanks for your reply.
Called 8865 and they justed noted the complaint and said this problem is happening to many december applicants so don't worry.......
I did email to inquiry as per Basitali's Email reply but did not get any reply at all.
Yes I was trying with LHE/******/******/* but its coming as invalid search.. I think its going to be just wait and see:(
My wife applied on 15th december and still waiting for reply.

basitali

Post by basitali » Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:50 am

Hi All,

Sorry I couldn't repond because really busy at work and plainning for holidays to Pakistan. Any way I would suggest you guys two three times to this email: Visqry2.Islamabad@fco.gov.uk and I am sure you will get the response. Please note always put on the subject line that DO NOT SEND THE AUTOMATED response. Most of the time system sent you the automated response. I wish all of dependant will get visa. Inshallah.

Allah Hafiz

naveed3
Newly Registered

Post by naveed3 » Tue Jan 06, 2009 2:26 pm

My wife applied for dependant visa on 3rd December but still no news although VAC told a maximum of 15 working days processing time for such visa.

basitali

Post by basitali » Tue Jan 06, 2009 3:27 pm

Hi Naveed,

I think it will take another week for you to get the response from them. If I were you I will contact the embassy straight away. If you tell them you and your wife both are travelling to UK in two weeks time then they probably give you visa quickly.

I wish all goes well for you as well.

Thanks,

Basit

naveed3
Newly Registered

Post by naveed3 » Tue Jan 06, 2009 3:58 pm

Dear Basit,
thank you for your advice. i emailed
visqry2.Islamabad@fco.gov.uk
and asked them to update me of the visa application status of my wife. Let's see !!

ALee_80

Post by ALee_80 » Tue Jan 06, 2009 4:24 pm

naveed3 wrote:My wife applied for dependant visa on 3rd December but still no news although VAC told a maximum of 15 working days processing time for such visa.
Naveed,

as mentioned in my post above - my wife applied on the 1st of Dec. It has been 20 working days today (5 weeks in total) since the day she applied and still no answer. I have also emailed BHC Islamabad today but am not expecting wonders to happen. Seems like basitali is the only person who got a positive reply out of them and that too in less than a week's time. I sent exactly the same documents as basitali 3 days after him (referring to his post in another thread), and am still waiting...while he got a reply in less than a week. Generally, from what I have gathered from this forum is that its taking about 6 to 8 weeks for any kind of visa application to be processed. I am not sure how receptive they would be to our emails...
I am getting a bit fedup of this malarchy now. There doesn't seem to be a standard in place for processing applications.

Anyway - keep us posted guys. InshaAllah, everything will happen for the best :-)
When you have an important point to make, don't try to be subtle or clever. Use a pile driver. Hit the point once. Then come back and hit it again. Then hit it a third time - a tremendous whack

khanz

Post by khanz » Tue Jan 06, 2009 9:02 pm

Hi All,

I am in UK on hsmp visa and recently got FLR for 3 years as Tier1 General. I was given initial hsmp approval letter under Nov 2006 rules.
My wife is going to apply for her visa from Lahore, can anyone let me know the visa fee (some say 200 and some say 600 gbp) - quite confusing.

Thanks for your help.

ALee_80

Post by ALee_80 » Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:31 am

khanz wrote:Hi All,

I am in UK on hsmp visa and recently got FLR for 3 years as Tier1 General. I was given initial hsmp approval letter under Nov 2006 rules.
My wife is going to apply for her visa from Lahore, can anyone let me know the visa fee (some say 200 and some say 600 gbp) - quite confusing.

Thanks for your help.
Hi Khanz,

The fee is £200 (Rs. 25,000) as you fall under the category "Tier 1 general applicant with HSMP approval letter (transitional arrangement)", same as myself.

Good luck.

naveed3
Newly Registered

Post by naveed3 » Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:41 am

Fee is Rs.25,000 and application form is VAF10. Good luck

basitali

Post by basitali » Wed Jan 07, 2009 11:27 am

Hi All,

The reason I got the reply quicker is because I attached my and wifes ticket with my application as well as I sent email from my office email address. I dont know thats why it brings me luck. When ever I tried contacting them with my yahoo email id they never bothered to respond.

Ta,

Ali

ALee_80

Post by ALee_80 » Wed Jan 07, 2009 11:54 am

Hi basit,

You said:
The reason I got the reply quicker is because I attached my and wifes ticket with my application as well as I sent email from my office email address
You only THINK that's the reason - you don't KNOW for sure. I don't think attaching an airline ticket would make a world of difference as BHC discourages every one to buy tickets before obtaining a visa. As far as emailing them via your office email is concerened - I have sent them an email from my office address yesterday (I work for a very well known British car manufacturer); lets see if your premise is correct and they do reply to my email. However, my confidence in BHC Islamabad's ability is not high.

Ali

Virk
Newly Registered

Post by Virk » Wed Jan 07, 2009 12:53 pm

ALee_80 wrote:
Hi adnan_uk,

@ ALee_80
I am also the one waiting for Entry Clearance for the last 3 months. I submitted my passport on THEIR Call in letter (as I am having my appeal ALLOWED) on 13th, October, 2008 under HSMP category. Once THEY have replied to my enquiry regarding this delay wherein they ststed that my application is under process and I wait to be contacted in due course. Till today I have sent them e-mails, written letter and fax about my confused state of mind and their confounded long delay and THEY do not bother to answer now. What else to write ALee_80 ?? Is there anybody else like me in such a waiting limbo ???
Virk

khanz

Post by khanz » Wed Jan 07, 2009 7:58 pm

Thanks guys.

basitali

Post by basitali » Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:35 am

Hi Alee,

I'm not saying that sending the ticket is compulsory but I sent the following email to BHC in the evening and got my wifes visa the very next day.

--------------

Hi BHC,

Can some one in British High Commission please tell me the status of my wife's visa application as HSMP dependant. Her application details are as follow:

Name of my wife: XXXXXXXX
Date of Birth: XXX/XXX/XXXX
Visa Applied as: HSMP Dependant (Under old rules)
Application Reference No: ISL/XXXX/0XXXX/X
Application Submitted at: VAC Islamabad on 28th November

I have check the application status by using the following link on Gerry's website (https://www.vfsglobal.org/applicantstatus.aspx) and from the last three days it gives me the same status i.e. as follow 'Application Forwarded to Islamabad OC on 28 Nov 2008' . Can you please advise what is Islamabad OC and why application is not with British High Commission. I'm really stressed cannot live alone with out my wife in UK. I have fulfilled all the requirements for her visa as listed in Paragraph 194-199 of guidance notes. Kindly please process her application and grant her visa as my dependant as soon as possible please. Also please tell me when shall I expect her application to be processed and whats the maximum prossing time for this type of applications. Please update me and please do not send the automated replies.

Many thanks for your help in advance,

Basit Ali
Senior Database Administrator - xyz
SQL Technical Services Team

telephone: 12345678
ext: 123 (The World)
email: basit.farooq@xyz.co.uk
P Save paper - Please think before you print

----------

I think my this email and my tickets helped me to get her visa quicker espacially my this email. If you got any more question please do write me on this forum.

Thanks,

Basit

basitali

Post by basitali » Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:38 am

Just to add to my previous post God and my Parents prayers are big factor.

Virk
Newly Registered

Post by Virk » Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:53 am

basitali wrote:Hi Alee,

I'm not saying that sending the ticket is compulsory but I sent the following email to BHC in the evening and got my wifes visa the very next day.

--------------

Hi BHC,

Can some one in British High Commission please tell me the status of my wife's visa application as HSMP dependant. Her application details are as follow:

I have check the application status by using the following link on Gerry's website (https://www.vfsglobal.org/applicantstatus.aspx) and from the last three days it gives me the same status i.e. as follow 'Application Forwarded to Islamabad OC on 28 Nov 2008' . Can you please advise what is Islamabad OC and why application is not with British High Commission. I'm really stressed cannot live alone with out my wife in UK. I have fulfilled all the requirements for her visa as listed in Paragraph 194-199 of guidance notes. Kindly please process her application and grant her visa as my dependant as soon as possible please. Also please tell me when shall I expect her application to be processed and whats the maximum prossing time for this type of applications. Please update me and please do not send the automated replies.

Basit Ali

----------

I think my this email and my tickets helped me to get her visa quicker espacially my this email. If you got any more question please do write me on this forum.

Thanks,

Basit
@ Basit Ali
I can understand your agony without your wife but you should have applied for your partners Entry Clearance along with your application. People are waiting to hear from THEM for the last 3 to 4 months whereas your case for submission seems too recent to get confused at this stage.
Best of luck.
Virk

ALee_80

Post by ALee_80 » Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:41 am

Virk wrote:
basitali wrote:Hi Alee,

--------------

Hi BHC,

Basit Ali

----------

Thanks,

Basit
@ Basit Ali
I can understand your agony without your wife but you should have applied for your partners Entry Clearance along with your application. People are waiting to hear from THEM for the last 3 to 4 months whereas your case for submission seems too recent to get confused at this stage.
Best of luck.
Virk
Virk,

Basitali's wife has already got a visa. Read the whole thread and other posts by basit for explanation.

Basit,

As you have said yourself; you emailed them in the evening and got the visa the very next day. Evening in the UK means night in PK. So in essence - what you are really saying is: they saw your email first thing in the morning, decided that your wife really needs a visa, also decided to overlook all other visa applications that have been with them for bloomin' ages and they still haven't worked on them, realised that your wife really needs a visa and all other applications that have been there before yours are probably not that important anyway, and finally, granted your wife a visa.

Do you really, honestly think they give a toss about who we are and how emotionally upset they have made us?

Don't get me wrong - I am really very happy that your wife got a visa pretty quick. What I am not too sure about, is the standard procedure followed by the incompetent jokers over at the BHC Islamabad, as some people get their visas within a few days while ~90% have to wait an agonisingly long period for a decision to be made. I sent the EXACT same documents as yours, 2 days after your application date i.e. 01/12/08, and believe you me, Alhamdulillah I am in a pretty strong position here, but still waiting for a reply.

Apologies if I am ranting but I seriously am beginning to get annoyed now.

basitali

Post by basitali » Thu Jan 08, 2009 2:15 pm

Gents,

Just to confirm that I had sent email to BHC from UK in the evening not the PAKI evening.

I'm only trying to help you guys. You cannot say that you attached documents because I didnt put all docs on the post. I got the sponsorship letter from the bank for my and my wifes accomudation for 1 year.

The documents I have sent are really clear and straight forward and are certified from Banks solicitor. I am living in UK from last 7 years (2years student, 3 years workpermit + 1 year HSMP) and I'm working on a very senior IT post in Bank of England. I think thats the reason they gave my visa quick. It depends on the case workers as well may be my case worker is quick enought to process my application because CWs thinks its an straight forward application. I hope you will all get the visa soon. Inshallah.

If you guys got any more question please feel free to ask me on the forum.

Thanks

ALee_80

Post by ALee_80 » Thu Jan 08, 2009 2:37 pm

basitali wrote:Gents,

Just to confirm that I had sent email to BHC from UK in the evening not the PAKI evening.
When did I refute that? I said eve in UK is night in PK.
I got the sponsorship letter from the bank for my and my wifes accomudation for 1 year.
You have lost me here. Since when did banks start giving out sponsorship letter for ACCOMODATION?

There's absolutely no doubt in my mind that you are a very important person working for a very high profile institution and that your case was extremely special and clear; AND, all the rest of us who are awaiting an answer, are not that important and useless in the eyes of the caseworker anyway.

Sarcasm apart; the point you keep missing and will keep missing is that the BHC Islamabad lacks structured approach and does not seem to follow standard procedures and adding insult to injury is the fact that BHC Islamabad, which everyone would think, judging from the name atleast, should be based in Islamabad, actually operates from khalid bin Walid Road, Abu Dhabi. UAE! A f******g administration nightmare!!!! But who's complaining...

enough said...i'm bored and annoyed so plz ignore the rant.

basitali

Post by basitali » Thu Jan 08, 2009 2:56 pm

Hi Alee

Eve in UK = Night in PAK

So I emailed them on Eve in UK i.e. night in PAK and got response very next day.

I'm not saying I'm important and you or others are not. I'm here to help you guys by giving the information that how I got the reply from them quicker.

I'm not supporting BHC I am only motivating you guys so that you can contact them and may be you will get an reply for your wifes visa quicker also you email me twice on my personnel email address thats why I came back to this forum. I hope you understand my point. Also you kept on saying in your posts you sent same docs with you wife app as mine. You havnt seen the docs which I have sent with my wifes app so how can you say that your docs are same as mine. I've only put the description of doc sent on my post on this forum. If you want me to tell you the full list then ask me but please dont just assume.

I also wanted to tell you that I work for the bank as permanent employee and I'm living in the accomudation provided by the bank. I know its not usual in UK but most of the Government employees can get. I work for Bank of England not for any private bank like HSBC or Barclays. I work as Senior DBA for Bank of England.

Any way best of luck for your wifes visa inshallah she will get it soon as well.

Thanks,

Basit

ALee_80

Post by ALee_80 » Thu Jan 08, 2009 3:34 pm

Basit,

You posted a list of docs in ur post on the other thread saying that these are the docs you sent with the application. Now I am not sure about others but I am not clairvoyant. I could not tell from that post that there were 'other' documents that you sent with the application as well.
also wanted to tell you that I work for the bank as permanent employee and I'm living in the accomudation provided by the bank. I know its not usual in UK but most of the Government employees can get.
Now how was THAT evident from your last post?

Succinctness is also a virtue; not easily acquired though!

Basit, please try to understand - I am NOT pitted against YOU. I am protesting against BHC. I am still not convinced that sending them emails from official addresses will achieve anything. I rest my case.

Naveed, Adnan, Virk - any updates?

basitali

Post by basitali » Thu Jan 08, 2009 3:46 pm

Hi Alee,

I have just outlined the document which I've sent with my wifes application in my other post. Thats why I put my email in my post for any other information. I dont mind sharing the information with you guys if you want. I know some of the docs I've sent are not required but I have sent them with my wifes app to support it. Any close this discussion if you need any further informaiton do let me know. I'm now off for a meeting. Chat to you tommarow.

Allah Hafiz and Best of Luck.

Basit

naveed3
Newly Registered

Post by naveed3 » Thu Jan 08, 2009 4:42 pm

It's interesting discussion between Basit and Alee. I must say Basit is surely trying to help us and Alee's frustration is understandable. Anyhow i emailed BHC one day before these two Muharram holidays, let's see whenh i receive the reply.
I must admit had i read this forum earlier i would have attached more documents. You can't believe i attached only my 4-5 months Bank statements, Office Letter mentioning my salary, copy of my passport and English translation of Nikhanama
No wedding picture, salary slips, accmodation proof etc because these were not required in the application form VAF10.
I travelled a lot in different countries and visa was never a problem, i thought the same for my wife's visa application. May be the world is getitng tougher with Pakistanis !!!
I will keep you guys updated