ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Uk sponsor conviction?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Freno88
Newly Registered
United States of America

Uk sponsor conviction?

Post by Freno88 » Mon Aug 05, 2024 6:20 pm

Hello, I’ve applied for a uk spouse visa with a dependent. My sponsor has a criminal conviction (3 yrs time served, 3 year probation completed in 2022) I have no convictions.
During an interview we both disclosed his conviction openly. He served 3 years (2016-2019) for failing to seek prompt medical care for a minor and was cleared from probation in 2022. I am bringing my dependent with me and our first visit visa trip we had a meeting with probation to have it cleared that a minor would be with us and I was cleared as able to safe guard my son at that point and it was approved. During my spousal visa they never asked about his record but during an interview last week they asked both of us about his criminal record and we both disclosed this.can this affect my visa application?

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Re: Uk sponsor conviction?

Post by Frontier Mole » Wed Aug 07, 2024 12:55 am

If the child safeguarding issue is resolved then his conviction should not come into the equation. You have declared the conviction at each stage, there is really nothing the Home Office can do to to prevent the visa being granted if all other requirements are met.