ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

applications before may 2024

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

lavenderhaze9349
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

applications before may 2024

Post by lavenderhaze9349 » Mon Jul 29, 2024 10:57 pm

is anyone still waiting for a decision on citizenship applications before may 2024?

the wait is so antagonising and i can see on the timeline thread that many applications are getting approved which were submitted in may which is slightly disheartening and worrying although im glad for those who are free from this process

i know application timelines are all over the place and nothing can be done before 6 months but the waiting game is so hard and just makes you worry you've done something wrong.. hoping and praying this is all over soon my paranoia and stress is all over the place :(

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Re: applications before may 2024

Post by contorted_svy » Tue Jul 30, 2024 6:49 am

It is a very stressful wait. However applications submitted in April are still well within the 6 months. I got my approval after 4 months - try to focus on other things for the time being.
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.

smwatfa
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by smwatfa » Wed Aug 07, 2024 1:17 pm

It can be frustrating. I wish i could understand how the Home Office processes applications. My Wife's application is extremely straightforward, it's also been triple checked to make sure it is as compliant and as simple as possible for the case officer to review.
Yet there are others who had applied around the same time (or even later) and they've received approval in 2 months less.
It might be just a case of luck; sometimes you might be assigned a case officer who is very quick and efficient. Or i'm guessing they sometimes randomly select some customers for further checking/enquiries.

It can be disheartening to keep checking this forum every Monday & see others who've applied after you get their approval whilst you're still waiting.

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Wed Aug 07, 2024 4:39 pm

smwatfa wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2024 1:17 pm
It can be frustrating. I wish i could understand how the Home Office processes applications. My Wife's application is extremely straightforward, it's also been triple checked to make sure it is as compliant and as simple as possible for the case officer to review.
Yet there are others who had applied around the same time (or even later) and they've received approval in 2 months less.
It might be just a case of luck; sometimes you might be assigned a case officer who is very quick and efficient. Or i'm guessing they sometimes randomly select some customers for further checking/enquiries.

It can be disheartening to keep checking this forum every Monday & see others who've applied after you get their approval whilst you're still waiting.

As you say, we don't understand how applications are processed - one that seems "straightforward" to us may take longer as there may be delays with getting it to a caseworker, external checks take longer, etc. Two identical applications submitted on the same day can take different amounts of time. Applications sent in May are still well under the 6 months mark, so for now the best you can do is wait and keep living your life as usual.
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.

standrews
United Kingdom

Post by standrews » Wed Aug 07, 2024 7:39 pm

lavenderhaze9349 wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2024 10:57 pm
is anyone still waiting for a decision on citizenship applications before may 2024?

the wait is so antagonising and i can see on the timeline thread that many applications are getting approved which were submitted in may which is slightly disheartening and worrying although im glad for those who are free from this process

i know application timelines are all over the place and nothing can be done before 6 months but the waiting game is so hard and just makes you worry you've done something wrong.. hoping and praying this is all over soon my paranoia and stress is all over the place :(
Hey,

I applied on 24-04-24 while biometrics were done on 01-05-24 and still awaiting reply. Applied after ILR granted in March based on spouse of BC. I emailed MMST and they replied within a few days that your application is currently processing as normal and applications can take up-to 6 months to conclude. It’s very frustrating to see some applications took just 2 months and I’m past 3.5 months.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Thu Aug 08, 2024 1:13 am

Time line, turn around times for each application differs for plethora of reasons. If the HO has indicated SLA of up to 6months then applicants should manage their expectations for the maximum time so if it comes early it's Hurray!.
The pressure put on by expecting an early decision is immense.

Superzing
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Superzing » Thu Aug 08, 2024 1:24 am

The wait is definitely stressful. Does anyone know the sequence of tests/ checks the case worker does?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Thu Aug 08, 2024 8:56 am

Superzing wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2024 1:24 am
The wait is definitely stressful. Does anyone know the sequence of tests/ checks the case worker does?
No, we don't have an insight into their workings.

lolo2
Venezuela

Post by lolo2 » Thu Aug 08, 2024 9:30 am

I agree with the advice given by @contorted_svy, it's stressful but it's better to forget about this and focus on other things whilst waiting.

Remember that citizenship is discretionary and doesn't have any impact on the current status in the UK. People can continue working, travelling and doing everything normally done before submitting this application.

I understand that the main goal of many is to have a British passport and all the benefits that come with it, but it's not worth the mental toll when waiting for a decision.