ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Conversion rates for euro

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

happyxda
Newly Registered

Conversion rates for euro

Post by happyxda » Tue Jan 06, 2009 5:04 pm

Hi all
I am living in ireland and going to apply in this month for TIER 1. The period i want to claim for previous earings is jan 1,08 to dec 31,08. As per guidance notes, i should use exchange rates on the last day of claiming period, which is 31st dec. I checked OANDA site, and the rate is
1 euro = 0.96 GBP.
Should i make my application with this conversion rate? Would there be any objection from the authorities dealing with my application? Please guide accordingly.

One thing more, I have also applied for NARIC letter, but havent received yet, it was applied on 5 dec,08. Any idea that how much time it takes?
Many thanks for the replies in advance.
Thanks
harpreet

push
United Kingdom

Re: Conversion rates for euro

Post by push » Tue Jan 06, 2009 5:32 pm

happyxda wrote:Hi all
I am living in ireland and going to apply in this month for TIER 1. The period i want to claim for previous earings is jan 1,08 to dec 31,08. As per guidance notes, i should use exchange rates on the last day of claiming period, which is 31st dec. I checked OANDA site, and the rate is
1 euro = 0.96 GBP.
Should i make my application with this conversion rate? Would there be any objection from the authorities dealing with my application? Please guide accordingly.
If that is the rate for Dec 31 then there would be no problem whatsoever. What do you have in mind??
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

happyxda
Newly Registered

Post by happyxda » Tue Jan 06, 2009 5:34 pm

I have confusion as it makes a lot of difference in earnings which will consequently increase my points. Would they accept this?
and please let me know NARIC processing times as well.
Thank you

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Tue Jan 06, 2009 6:06 pm

happyxda wrote:I have confusion as it makes a lot of difference in earnings which will consequently increase my points. Would they accept this?
and please let me know NARIC processing times as well.
Thank you
If you use the correct rate (as prescribed by them) then they can not object. So dont worry about that. Not sure about NARIC time lines. Doesn't your University show up in the point's calculator?
regards,
push

happyxda
Newly Registered

Post by happyxda » Tue Jan 06, 2009 6:47 pm

Thanks for replies and clarification.
about my education, i have masters in engineering from Punjab Engg. College,Chandigarh. On my degree certificate, it is from Punjab university, Chandigarh on which it is written that i undertoook my studies at Punjab Engg College (coz Punjab Engg Colege was under Punjab University at that time). Now Punjab university is not on PB Calcu but Punjab engg col is on list, because of this confusion, i am seeking letter from NARIC. If i use my masters, and standard conversion rate i.e. 0.80 i can make 75 points. but if i use my bachelor degree and latest conversion rates i.e. 0.96, i can make 80 points and all my bachelor degree is on point base calcu. so i am bit confused in this, could you guide me plz what should i do?
many thanks for your support.
kind regards

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Tue Jan 06, 2009 9:47 pm

happyxda wrote:Thanks for replies and clarification.
about my education, i have masters in engineering from Punjab Engg. College,Chandigarh. On my degree certificate, it is from Punjab university, Chandigarh on which it is written that i undertoook my studies at Punjab Engg College (coz Punjab Engg Colege was under Punjab University at that time). Now Punjab university is not on PB Calcu but Punjab engg col is on list, because of this confusion, i am seeking letter from NARIC. If i use my masters, and standard conversion rate i.e. 0.80 i can make 75 points. but if i use my bachelor degree and latest conversion rates i.e. 0.96, i can make 80 points and all my bachelor degree is on point base calcu. so i am bit confused in this, could you guide me plz what should i do?
many thanks for your support.
kind regards
Punjab University is on Points Calculator mate. Which state did you choose from the dropdown menu? Punjab? I think You need to select Chandigarh as State and you will find Panjab University (Hope this is what you are looking for) on the dropdown.

Wikipedia says:
In 2004, Punjab Engineering College was given the Deemed University status and it is no longer affiliated with Panjab University, Chandigarh.
So if I have got it right, you dont need NARIC comparability letter and you can apply using your Master's Degree.

Use OANDA provided exchange rate for the last day of earnings period and nobody will dispute it.

Hope that helps.
regards,
push

happyxda
Newly Registered

Post by happyxda » Tue Jan 06, 2009 10:30 pm

Hi, thank you very much for ur help. i was not aware of that.
it helped a lot.
thanks once again