ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

NHS Prescription Charge Exemption and ILR

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kumarnat
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

NHS Prescription Charge Exemption and ILR

Post by kumarnat » Thu Aug 08, 2024 2:41 pm

Hi team,

I have been diagnosed for Type 2 Diabetes and told that I’m eligible for prescription charge exemption. I am on skilled worker visa and will be eligible for ILR in 10 years route and 5 years route shortly. Is this exemption considered as a benefit or can I claim free medicines as I do not want this to affect my ILR application next year. Any info would be really helpful.

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: NHS Prescription Charge Exemption and ILR

Post by Ticktack » Thu Aug 08, 2024 2:46 pm

kumarnat wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2024 2:41 pm
Hi team,

I have been diagnosed for Type 2 Diabetes and told that I’m eligible for prescription charge exemption. I am on skilled worker visa and will be eligible for ILR in 10 years route and 5 years route shortly. Is this exemption considered as a benefit or can I claim free medicines as I do not want this to affect my ILR application next year. Any info would be really helpful.
That has no effect on your ILR. You're legally in the UK and have access to the NHS.

You're getting free prescription because of your condition. They know you need your meds regularly, so money should never be a factor. Hence the help from the NHS. Same thing for pregnant women and kids.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!