ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Application for Ireland Citizenship on behalf of minor

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

adnangul
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Re: Application for Ireland Citizenship on behalf of minor

Post by adnangul » Mon Jul 22, 2024 10:08 am

Hi All

What are steps and roughly time to get citizenship certificate for my daughter after receiving acknowledgement letter ?

Thanks in advance

A.G

adnangul
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Post by adnangul » Wed Jul 24, 2024 9:33 am

Hi All

Do you know what are further steps after getting acknowledgement letter for my daughter(7 years old) citizenship application. How long does it take to get citizenship certificate for her? Thanks

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Fri Jul 26, 2024 10:37 pm

adnangul wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2024 9:33 am
Hi All

Do you know what are further steps after getting acknowledgement letter for my daughter(7 years old) citizenship application. How long does it take to get citizenship certificate for her? Thanks
You jsut wait. Months, years...however long it will take.
I think it's a few years now re timelines.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

pemani4255
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by pemani4255 » Mon Aug 12, 2024 10:27 am

Southernbird wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2024 8:34 pm
Hi again, just wondering if anyone that has applied for citizenship on behalf of a minor in recent times could share a timeline (no feedback after a couple of months, not even the Garda vetting request), I thought this one would be quicker…
Also, my child will turn 18 later this year and I’m hoping if the naturalisation happens afterwards, I still need to pay just for the “minor” fee.
Any thoughts?
Thanks
Hello, I have had made a similar application and am waiting for an update. My child turns 18 in Oct and I have applied for a minor application about Jan 2024. I have received "Submitted" to the Ministry of Justice as the last activity. Any idea what are my next steps?

ASHA103
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by ASHA103 » Wed Aug 28, 2024 8:24 am

Hello all, please I need your advise, I submitted application for naturalization on behalf of a minor (My son 17 years of age) using the new online system, I received by email the PDF FORM NVB3 - Vetting Invitation, I will need to fill this form and post it back to the Department of Justice, I have 2 questions

Q1, to which address to post the form? I know that there is a standard address which is
Citizenship Applications
Immigration Service Delivery
Department of Justice
PO Box 73
Tipperary Town
Ireland
BUT which department I should mention beside the word "Citizenship Applications" so it can be routed to the correct team, otherwise it can be lost

Q2, The form didn't ask to include any other documentation to post in addition to the form, but did that happen for anyone before and he discovered that he should have sent additional documents

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Wed Aug 28, 2024 8:30 am

ASHA103 wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2024 8:24 am
The form didn't ask to include any other documentation to post in addition to the form, but did that happen for anyone before and he discovered that he should have sent additional documents
Don't know if you need to have a consent form with it or did you submit it via online form; include it if needed
Also adult applications used to require a passport copy for eVetting back when it was paper based, so you might want to throw this in
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

ASHA103
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by ASHA103 » Wed Aug 28, 2024 8:33 am

pemani4255 wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2024 10:27 am
Southernbird wrote:
Hi again, just wondering if anyone that has applied for citizenship on behalf of a minor in recent times could share a timeline (no feedback after a couple of months, not even the Garda vetting request), I thought this one would be quicker…
Also, my child will turn 18 later this year and I’m hoping if the naturalisation happens afterwards, I still need to pay just for the “minor” fee.
Any thoughts?
Thanks
Hello, I have had made a similar application and am waiting for an update. My child turns 18 in Oct and I have applied for a minor application about Jan 2024. I have received "Submitted" to the Ministry of Justice as the last activity. Any idea what are my next steps?
Hello, just to let you know my timeline, I submitted online application on behalf of 2 minors (15 and 17 years of age) on 25-March-2024, I received the acknowledgment letter by email for both of them on 27-August-2024

pemani4255
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by pemani4255 » Thu Aug 29, 2024 8:30 am

Thank you, Asha.
I have just applied for change of address you may have noticed a new XXX-CITZ-YY format on the acknowledgement, that will be important for further communication.
I shall update if I hear of any updates from my end.

ASHA103
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by ASHA103 » Tue Sep 03, 2024 4:27 pm

Southernbird wrote:
Any thoughts?
Thanks
Hello Southernbird, Can you please let me know if you received the "Minor Vetting Form - Parental Consent" by email? if so, did you post it back to the citizenship division? what happened after that? it would be great if you can share timeline if possible. I am asking because we have similar situation that my son is turning 18 on Feb2025