ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Accidentally left out liability order from application

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ahg5323
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Accidentally left out liability order from application

Post by ahg5323 » Tue Aug 13, 2024 6:25 pm

I recently completed my undergraduate degree in a UK university and recently applied for a student visa for my postgraduate course (outside the UK).

During my studies, I was accidentally charged council tax despite being exempt, and a liability order was granted against me, however this was cleared up after contacting the City Council.

In the visa application when asked whether I’ve had any civil court judgements against me, I mistakenly interpreted this as a question about CCJs and so I said no (since a liability order isn’t a CCJ).

Would this count against me in the application? Should I reach out to UKVI to correct it or would this require the application to be withdrawn and a new one submitted?

sah10406
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Re: Accidentally left out liability order from application

Post by sah10406 » Thu Aug 15, 2024 1:31 pm

It seems unlikely to need any action, but best check with the international student adviser at your university whether there is anything you need to do.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.