ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Skilled Worker Applicaton - No more biometrics required ??

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Shov83
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Skilled Worker Applicaton - No more biometrics required ??

Post by Shov83 » Mon Aug 05, 2024 9:28 pm

I have recently submitted application to switch from dependent to skilled worker visa and used UK Immigration ID check, after making IHS and Visa fee payment application, submitted the evidence and application is completed and got message UKVI will ask more information if needed.

Are there any change in process, as it didn't ask to book appointment with UKVCAS and give biometrics. I know eVisa will be issued going forward but just wondering if I missed anything while filling the application. Or this is the new process that you don't need to go anywhere.

Please share details if this is the new process.

Thanks in advance.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Skilled Worker Applicaton - No more biometrics required ??

Post by AmazonianX » Mon Aug 05, 2024 11:27 pm

It is neither a change nor a new process; For applicants who are requested to use the ID app, they do not need to go for UKVCAS biometrics appointment.

Shov83
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Shov83 » Thu Aug 15, 2024 10:05 am

Ok, thanks for response. I didn't use app before and wasn't sure. I got the priority option when applied for main applicant, but didn't get option for priority as we have to submit separate applications for dependents. I tried to check UKVI but they said it depends on time when you are applying. I may need to travel and wanted to apply under priority, do we know how can I apply under priority as dependents? Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Aug 15, 2024 11:16 am

You need to keep checking for the option before paying. Members report checking around 12am/1am for the option, if available based on capacity.

Note if you have already submitted and paid, you can't change to priority service.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Shov83
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Shov83 » Thu Aug 15, 2024 11:42 am

Thanks for your response, sure I will check around 12am/1am. Appreciate your help.