ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Philippine passport, Naturalised Citizen 10 June ceremony, Stamp 4 expiring in August, travel booked in September

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Take-me-home
Newly Registered
Ireland

Philippine passport, Naturalised Citizen 10 June ceremony, Stamp 4 expiring in August, travel booked in September

Post by Take-me-home » Tue Jul 09, 2024 7:21 pm

I need to travel back to Philippines in September for my wedding. All booked and paid beforehand then I attended the ceremony on 10 June. No citizenship ceremony received yet, no way to apply for Irish passport, and next month expiry of Stamp 4.

Any insights for this nightmare is highly appreciated

meself2
Ireland

Re: Philippine passport, Naturalised Citizen 10 June ceremony, Stamp 4 expiring in August, travel booked in September

Post by meself2 » Tue Jul 09, 2024 8:37 pm

Take-me-home wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2024 7:21 pm
No citizenship ceremony received yet
Ceremony or certificate?

IMO you should wait until mid August; I assume you'll get a certificate by then.
If you don't get it by then you should go to Burgh Quay and insist they give you a re-entry visa. Details here - viewtopic.php?p=2044798#p2044798 .

Good luck.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

Take-me-home
Newly Registered
Ireland

Re: Philippine passport, Naturalised Citizen 10 June ceremony, Stamp 4 expiring in August, travel booked in September

Post by Take-me-home » Tue Jul 09, 2024 9:21 pm

Thanks for replying.

I checked the website and it stated that re-entry visa is abolished. It only applies to minor and stamp 6. I renewed my Stamp 4 and paid. I'll see how it goes.

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Tue Jul 09, 2024 9:25 pm

Take-me-home wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2024 9:21 pm
I checked the website and it stated that re-entry visa is abolished
It was stated as such back then.
Follow the link (viewtopic.php?p=2044798#p2044798) and you can read the experience of a person who managed to get one.
Doesn't hurt to try.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

Beccasuarus
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by Beccasuarus » Thu Aug 15, 2024 2:04 pm

Take-me-home wrote:
Thanks for replying.

I checked the website and it stated that re-entry visa is abolished. It only applies to minor and stamp 6. I renewed my Stamp 4 and paid. I'll see how it goes.
Do you have any updates on your situation?

I'm due to travel next month, but only got my natualisation certificate today. I think it's unlikely I would get my Irish passport before I travel, and I'm wary of sending my original passport as part of Irish passport application since I'm travelling so soon.

I don't need a visa to enter the country anyway, but I'm worried not travelling on an Irish passport or a valid IRP will cause me issues when returning to Ireland.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Thu Aug 15, 2024 2:37 pm

Beccasuarus wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2024 2:04 pm
Take-me-home wrote:
Thanks for replying.

Do you have any updates on your situation?

I'm due to travel next month, but only got my natualisation certificate today. I think it's unlikely I would get my Irish passport before I travel, and I'm wary of sending my original passport as part of Irish passport application since I'm travelling so soon.

I don't need a visa to enter the country anyway, but I'm worried not travelling on an Irish passport or a valid IRP will cause me issues when returning to Ireland.
Ireland is one of the few countries that don’t require Irish citizens to enter Ireland with an Irish passport. You can enter with a foreign passport as long as you can prove your citizenship - so bring a copy of naturalisation certificate with you.

Beccasuarus
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by Beccasuarus » Thu Aug 15, 2024 3:32 pm

Ah, that's really good to know! Thanks so much for the reply!

Take-me-home
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Take-me-home » Thu Aug 15, 2024 10:21 pm

Don't travel if you don't have valid gnib. Naturalised Certificate is not a valid visa and won't be accepted by airline for boarding.

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Fri Aug 16, 2024 6:03 pm

Or if you don't have a passport that allows visa-free entry to Ireland.
Note that South Africans now require a visa.