ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Absence Days for Dependent Visa Holders

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

safdari_peyman
Newly Registered
Iran

Absence Days for Dependent Visa Holders

Post by safdari_peyman » Sat Aug 17, 2024 12:46 pm

Dear forum members,

I have a question regarding the absence days for my wife, who is on a Global Talent dependent visa.

She came to the UK with me in early 2019 on a Tier 2 dependent visa. I later switched to the Global Talent visa and received my ILR after 3.5 years. She is now on a Global Talent dependent visa, and I am a British citizen.

My question is: Is there a 180-day absence limit or any restrictions on her absences from the UK that we should be aware of when applying for ILR? I’m a bit confused because some posts mention there is no limit, but those posts are from 9 years ago.

Could you please provide the link to the relevant Home Office document?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Absence Days for Dependent Visa Holders

Post by CR001 » Sat Aug 17, 2024 12:56 pm

Yes, there is an absence limit. No more than 180 days absence in any rolling 12 month period. These changes came into effect in January 2018.

https://immigrationboards.com/viewtopic ... 4&t=246559
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

safdari_peyman
Newly Registered
Iran

Post by safdari_peyman » Sat Aug 17, 2024 1:21 pm

Thank you very much for your prompt response.

For the ILR application, is there a rule requiring presence in the UK on the exact date 5 years before the application date, similar to the naturalization requirement, or is this irrelevant?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Aug 17, 2024 1:25 pm

No, there is no such rule.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Velodrum
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Velodrum » Wed Oct 02, 2024 9:55 am

CR001 wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2024 12:56 pm
Yes, there is an absence limit. No more than 180 days absence in any rolling 12 month period. These changes came into effect in January 2018.

https://immigrationboards.com/viewtopic ... 4&t=246559
In the ILR application form for dependent, there is no section to document absences or upload details of absences from the UK (like for the main applicant). Do we just document absences in a file and upload anyways?