ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Does student dependant period count towards ILR for Global Talent Visa

Only for the Global Talent visa, formerly known as Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

doc1232
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by doc1232 » Sun Jul 14, 2024 5:45 pm

Hello.
Good day.
I have been on a dependant visa with my wife who was on student visa. I stayed on dependant visa for 1 year and got Global Talent visa after that.
In that case, will that 1 year count towards my ILR ?
Do I need to spend 2 years on Global Talent Visa and I can club it with 1 year that I spend on student dependant visa for ILR ?
Is there any link that provides information on this ?
Please suggest.
Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Does student dependant period count towards ILR for Global Talent Visa

Post by CR001 » Sun Jul 14, 2024 6:00 pm

If you are on your own Global Talent visa as the main applicant, you have to wait till you qualify under the specified routes that qualify for ILR after 3 years.

You cannot use time spent as a dependent visa holder to make up the time for ILR based on 3 years GTV.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

doc1232
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Global Talent Visa Eligibility requirements

Post by doc1232 » Sun Jul 14, 2024 6:09 pm

Hello. Greetings
I understand that you can not switch from a student visa to a Global Talent Visa until the student's course is completed.
As a dependant of a student, while course of main applicant (student) is not yet complete, is it alright to switch from a student dependant to a Global Talent Visa ?

secondly, is an x-ray report needed for the visa application if the application is in the UK for last 9 months, just travelled outside UK for a week or so ?

Kindly suggest.
Thanks

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Global Talent Visa Eligibility requirements

Post by AmazonianX » Sun Jul 14, 2024 8:43 pm

doc1232 wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2024 6:09 pm
Hello. Greetings
I understand that you can not switch from a student visa to a Global Talent Visa until the student's course is completed.
As a dependant of a student, while course of main applicant (student) is not yet complete, is it alright to switch from a student dependant to a Global Talent Visa ? This should be possible a dependent; leave it to those more versed in this area to confirm.

secondly, is an x-ray report needed for the visa application if the application is in the UK for last 9 months, just travelled outside UK for a week or so ? No, tuberculosis test result not required.

Kindly suggest.
Thanks

doc1232
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Re: Global Talent Visa Eligibility requirements

Post by doc1232 » Sun Jul 14, 2024 9:44 pm

Thank you.
Can anyone here please confirm the dependant thing ? just to be sure
Thanks.

doc1233
Newly Registered
India

Post by doc1233 » Sat Aug 17, 2024 9:15 pm

Hello
Good day.

Can anyone please suggest me if the student dependant period count towards ILR for Global Talent Visa.

For example, if someone has been in the UK as dependant of a student for 1 year and then he/she gets the GTV. In that case, will the 1 year spent as dependant count towards ILR ?

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Aug 17, 2024 9:52 pm

1. Why have you registered a second username to ask the same question?? Multiple usernames are strictly not permitted on the forum!!

https://immigrationboards.com/memberlis ... e&u=291585

https://immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=11811

2. You already asked this exact same question and got a response!!

viewtopic.php?p=2170900#p2170900
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

doc1233
Newly Registered
India

Post by doc1233 » Sun Aug 18, 2024 9:49 am

Hello.

Good day.

I forgot the password of my old profile and could not get a reset password link after multiple attempts. Hence, I had no other options to make a new account.

I asked this question because it is important for me to know more information on it, if possible. I read on some internet posts that time spent as dependant may be counted towards ILR.

So I wanted to confirm.

Thank you

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Aug 18, 2024 10:00 am

If you hold a gtv main visa, you cannot use time you spent on a dependent visa to make up 3 years for ilr. You were already advised of this!!

A combination of certain visas can only be used for ilr based on 10 years long residence.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Aug 18, 2024 10:16 am

GT 11.3. excludes time spent as a dependant.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.