ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Baby Born in the UK Citizenship

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

salman_ali94
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Baby Born in the UK Citizenship

Post by salman_ali94 » Mon Aug 19, 2024 12:15 pm

Hi all,

I hope you are well.

I was recently granted ILR and my wife is still on dependent visa and would continue for 3 more years to become eligible for ILR. My question is regarding my son. He was born before I was granted ILR and now I'm wondering do I have to apply for his visa as an dependent with my wife or can I apply for his citizenship directly i.e without applying for dependent visa first and does he has to spend 5 years as well to become ILR eligible and then citizenship etc?

Please help.
Regards
Salman

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Baby Born in the UK Citizenship

Post by CR001 » Mon Aug 19, 2024 1:25 pm

Apply to register the child as British on form MN1.

No need for a visa.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

salman_ali94
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by salman_ali94 » Wed Oct 02, 2024 8:14 pm

Hi,

I'm filling application for my son's Citizenship and I've reached the point of adding 2 referees.

The 1st referee I've arranged is my wife's uncle who is British Citizen and is above 40. My son is only 2 years old so 3 years of knowing him doesn't apply.

I have doubt about my 2nd referee and hence the reason for replying to this post again.

We couldn't arrange any professional who would provide us a referral. We tried our surgery and they say they don't do it. We've now asked one of our family friend who knows and is British Citizen as well and is above the age of 25 years. Her designation is HTLA (Higher level teaching assistants). Will this be okay and will work as second referee?

Please reply and thank for helping us before as well. We really appreciate this forum and the help it offers.

Regards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Oct 02, 2024 8:45 pm

You cannot use someone who is a family member, either by blood or by marriage, so an Uncle won't work. Find another referee.

For children, it is less of an issue re professional referee. You can use someone you know and write a brief covering note.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.