ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Immigration Health Surcharge Refund After Job Change on Skilled Worker Visa

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

medre
Newly Registered
Turkey

Immigration Health Surcharge Refund After Job Change on Skilled Worker Visa

Post by medre » Mon Aug 19, 2024 12:23 pm

Hi

I am currently holding a Skilled Worker visa that was granted for 5 years, 3 years ago. Unfortunately, I was recently made redundant, with my termination date being August 23rd.

I have found a new employer willing to sponsor me, but I need to pay the Immigration Health Surcharge (IHS) for the new visa, which would be valid for 3 years. My previous employer, who made me redundant, already paid the IHS for the full 5 years, meaning that the next 2 years are already covered.

My question is: if I pay the IHS for the new 3-year visa, will I be eligible for a refund for the 2 years that were already paid by my previous employer, given that I am merely updating my employer information?

Thank you for your assistance.

lolo2
Venezuela

Re: Immigration Health Surcharge Refund After Job Change on Skilled Worker Visa

Post by lolo2 » Mon Aug 19, 2024 12:43 pm

Yes, you should be eligible for a partial IHS refund prorated to the overlapping period. See IHS refunds

No need to do anything to claim it, that's automatic and received on the original form of payment.

medre
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by medre » Mon Aug 19, 2024 3:37 pm

Thank you for quick reply.

If my understanding correct then I will pay for immigration health surcharge for 3 years but 2 years would be overlapping because my previous employee paid that already. In this case, would I be eligible for refund or my previous employee?

Thanks

lolo2
Venezuela

Post by lolo2 » Mon Aug 19, 2024 3:51 pm

Whoever paid the IHS will receive the refund.

That's specified in the link above.
If you are due a full or partial refund for these reasons, you do not have to do anything to get it. It will be paid to the account or card you paid with.

If someone else paid the IHS on your behalf, they’ll receive your refund.