ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Fund maintenance - problem with over draft account

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

kiru4u

Fund maintenance - problem with over draft account

Post by kiru4u » Tue Jan 06, 2009 3:27 pm

Hi,
I got my HSMP in Mar 2007 and it is about to expire in Mar 2009. I am applying for an extension for the Tier 1 (General). I meet the criteria and have 75 points. The problem I have is in the Maintenance Funds, with the bank statement of the Month of December. I have an overdraft on my account, the account reflects £800+ till 11th on 12th I did a transfer to India and the account shows negative balance for 16 days till i got my salary. I have the bank statement from India to show that the amount I transferred was in my Indian account. Can i use this as an evidence for the dates which show the negative balance in my current account. Please advise because the statements of January and February I would show £800+... So i am just worried about the December month.

Thanks in advance,
Kiran

push
United Kingdom

Re: Fund maintenance - problem with over draft account

Post by push » Tue Jan 06, 2009 6:15 pm

kiru4u wrote:Hi,
I got my HSMP in Mar 2007 and it is about to expire in Mar 2009. I am applying for an extension for the Tier 1 (General). I meet the criteria and have 75 points. The problem I have is in the Maintenance Funds, with the bank statement of the Month of December. I have an overdraft on my account, the account reflects £800+ till 11th on 12th I did a transfer to India and the account shows negative balance for 16 days till i got my salary. I have the bank statement from India to show that the amount I transferred was in my Indian account. Can i use this as an evidence for the dates which show the negative balance in my current account. Please advise because the statements of January and February I would show £800+... So i am just worried about the December month.

Thanks in advance,
Kiran
You can show your India bank account BUT what would you do re the intervening period? as the duration (usually 5 days) it must have taken for the funds to be transferred to India from UK?
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

kiru4u

Post by kiru4u » Tue Jan 06, 2009 6:29 pm

Thanks for the reply push_hsmp.
The situation is I have 2 current accounts in UK one is ICICI Uk and HBOS. The amount i transferred from HBOS to ICICI UK account the very next day(as there is faciltiy called fast transfer) . From where i transferred the amount to India.

So I am planning to include December statement of HBOS, ICICI UK and and also the ICICI India.... to show that the funds was within my accounts.... Is this feasbile?????

Thanks in advance,
Kiran

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Tue Jan 06, 2009 9:53 pm

kiru4u wrote:Thanks for the reply push_hsmp.
The situation is I have 2 current accounts in UK one is ICICI Uk and HBOS. The amount i transferred from HBOS to ICICI UK account the very next day(as there is faciltiy called fast transfer) . From where i transferred the amount to India.

So I am planning to include December statement of HBOS, ICICI UK and and also the ICICI India.... to show that the funds was within my accounts.... Is this feasbile?????

Thanks in advance,
Kiran
But stlll the account balances for 3/4 days (time it took for money to be transferred from ICICI UK to ICICI India) would have dipped below the minimum requirement. no?
regards,
push

kiru4u

Fund maintenance - over draft account

Post by kiru4u » Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:30 am

Hi push_hsmp,
No, that is not a problem because my ICICI UK account already had a balance more than 800+.
The bank statements i will be including will be as follows
01-Dec-2008 - 16-Dec-208 - ICICI UK - which has balance more than 800+
16-Dec-2008 - 29-Dec-2008 - ICICI India - which has balance more than 1.5 lakhs when converted which is greater than 800+.
29-Dec-2008 - 28-Feb-2009 - HBOS - which will be having a balance more than 800+

So is this ok....so there is no single day which shows a balance in my account less than 800... I am actually doubtful whether they will accept my ICICI Indian bank statement...

Thanks in advance,
Kiran

push
United Kingdom

Re: Fund maintenance - over draft account

Post by push » Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:37 am

kiru4u wrote:Hi push_hsmp,
No, that is not a problem because my ICICI UK account already had a balance more than 800+.
The bank statements i will be including will be as follows
01-Dec-2008 - 16-Dec-208 - ICICI UK - which has balance more than 800+
16-Dec-2008 - 29-Dec-2008 - ICICI India - which has balance more than 1.5 lakhs when converted which is greater than 800+.
29-Dec-2008 - 28-Feb-2009 - HBOS - which will be having a balance more than 800+

So is this ok....so there is no single day which shows a balance in my account less than 800... I am actually doubtful whether they will accept my ICICI Indian bank statement...

Thanks in advance,
Kiran
Seems ok to me. Please note that as far as I understand the Guidance note does not say that the funds need to be maintained in a single account for the entire duration of 3 months. at the same time it does not explicitely say that you can. So you need to cover that aspect properly in your cover letter. The most risk averse approach would however be to wait till such time as funds in any of your single accounts stay above 3 months.
regards,
push

kiru4u

Fund maintenance - over draft account

Post by kiru4u » Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:42 am

Thanks push_hsmp,
The problem is my visa expires on 9th Mar and I will not be able to wait, I had an emergency due to which I had to transfer the amount, The option i am thinking is to get a letter from HBOS stating that my account had a balance more than 800+ because the amount i actually transferred was from the overdraft.. If he agrees, i think that should be ok right???

Thanks in advance,
Kiran

push
United Kingdom

Re: Fund maintenance - over draft account

Post by push » Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:55 am

kiru4u wrote:Thanks push_hsmp,
The problem is my visa expires on 9th Mar and I will not be able to wait, I had an emergency due to which I had to transfer the amount, The option i am thinking is to get a letter from HBOS stating that my account had a balance more than 800+ because the amount i actually transferred was from the overdraft.. If he agrees, i think that should be ok right???

Thanks in advance,
Kiran
Should be fine if the overdraft was clearly outside of the 3 month period although its kind of tricky but if there is no option.... there is no option
regards,
push

kiru4u

Post by kiru4u » Wed Jan 07, 2009 12:11 pm

No the overdraft was within the 3 months span, I will still check with the bank for the letter. If they dont give then I have no option than showing the balance in the different accounts.

kiru4u

Post by kiru4u » Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:45 am

Hi Push_hsmp,
The below is the reply i got from the HO when i queried whether I show maintenance funds in different accounts but here as i mentioned earlier i will not show overseas account but i will show an 2 UK accounts which would sum upto £800.

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your enquiry.

Please be advised that the amount must be at least £800 and can be in more than one account provided that applicant is named on the accounts.

Yours faithfully,

Rez Jason

Immigration Group

UK Border Agency

If you intend to reply to this e-mail please ensure that you re-send all the information from your original enquiry.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sent: 07 January 2009 12:48
To: IND Public Enquiries
Subject: hsmp maintance funds

Hi
Can i show amount of £800.00 in different accounts for the Maintenance Funds that is (500 in one bank account and 400 in different bank account ) Could you please reply.

Thank you

Kiran

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Tue Jan 13, 2009 2:08 pm

Thats a good news for you and many other applicants
regards,
push