ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Joint Application for Naturalisation / Citizenship?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

dialectic

Joint Application for Naturalisation / Citizenship?

Post by dialectic » Wed Aug 21, 2024 9:04 am

Hi everyone. Me and my spouse want to apply for naturalisation and citizenship. We fill all the requirements but wanted to see if there is a way to do a joint application and do it together as opposed to doing the process separately? Is there a link on the government website that explains how to do it jointly?

Some info if needed

Spouse:
European living in the UK since 2003
Switched to Settled under the settlement scheme in 2020

Me:
Non EEA
Entered UK in 2012 as Student
Switched to Tier 2 in 2013
Tier 2 Again in 2015
EEA family member (spouse) in 2018
Pre-Settled 2020
Settled in July 2023

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Joint Application for Naturalisation / Citizenship?

Post by alterhase58 » Wed Aug 21, 2024 9:16 am

There's no joint application process (or family group application) for naturalisation, each applicant applies separately and is assessed separately. However, you can apply both together on one account, if you both satisfy the requirements on the date of application. Your routes to ILR/Settled Status are not relevant - the requirement is to hold the status. There's also no fee discount.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

dialectic

Post by dialectic » Wed Aug 21, 2024 9:32 am

alterhase58 wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2024 9:16 am
There's no joint application process (or family group application) for naturalisation, each applicant applies separately and is assessed separately. However, you can apply both together on one account, if you both satisfy the requirements on the date of application. Your routes to ILR/Settled Status are not relevant - the requirement is to hold the status. There's also no fee discount.
Thanks for clarifying. So applying together on one account. Would that mean doing and submitting one application first and then doing the same with a second one but on the same account? What would be the benefit of doing it this way?

Thanks again :)

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Wed Aug 21, 2024 9:37 am

When one person has completed their online input there is an option to add another applicant (adult or child).
Only benefit is to avoid separate applications (none in terms of fees or speed of processing) - you are of course free to apply separately, on separate accounts and at separate times.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Wed Aug 21, 2024 9:45 am

You would fill both forms online, one after the other, and submit them at the same time. It's just easier this way, no other practical benefit - applications will be assessed individually on different timelines and maybe not even the same caseworker.
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.

dialectic

Post by dialectic » Wed Aug 21, 2024 12:35 pm

Thank you both :)