ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Advice on OCI Document Upload – British Passport Holder

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

tnila
India

Advice on OCI Document Upload – British Passport Holder

Post by tnila » Wed Aug 21, 2024 6:29 pm

Hi,

I have recently received my British passport after completing the naturalisation process. I have also surrendered my Indian passport and received the surrender certificate. I'm now in the process of uploading documents for my OCI application. Here’s what I’m planning to upload:
  • Current Passport: PDF containing the bio page with details, signature page, and the naturalisation certificate.
  • Employment Letter: PDF of my employment contract.
  • Indian Origin Proof (type - Previous Indian passport of self)): PDF containing my previous Indian passport and the surrender certificate.
Could someone please confirm if this is correct? Am I missing anything, or should I upload additional documents?

Thanks in advance for your help!

rock_star
India

Re: Advice on OCI Document Upload – British Passport Holder

Post by rock_star » Wed Aug 21, 2024 9:55 pm

You need to upload address proof as well. Not sure if Council bill is acceptable. Otherwise Driving License copy to be uploaded.

tnila
India

Post by tnila » Thu Aug 22, 2024 7:13 am

Thank you.

Joshinhosh2000
Newly Registered
India

Post by Joshinhosh2000 » Sat Aug 24, 2024 8:14 pm

tnila wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2024 6:29 pm
Hi,

I have recently received my British passport after completing the naturalisation process. I have also surrendered my Indian passport and received the surrender certificate. I'm now in the process of uploading documents for my OCI application. Here’s what I’m planning to upload:
  • Current Passport: PDF containing the bio page with details, signature page, and the naturalisation certificate.
  • Employment Letter: PDF of my employment contract.
  • Indian Origin Proof (type - Previous Indian passport of self)): PDF containing my previous Indian passport and the surrender certificate.
Could someone please confirm if this is correct? Am I missing anything, or should I upload additional documents?

Thanks in advance for your help!
Hey, How did you manage to upload Address Proof/ Naturalization cert? I do not see that as an option.

tnila
India

Post by tnila » Sat Aug 31, 2024 7:31 pm

for Naturalisation certificate - I have merged it with the British passport and upload as Current passport.
Address proof, I think I uploaded under relationship certificate.